losing rep and number of posts?

ozzysfang

the form is moving to a new system

old threads, i think pre 2017 but i'm not sure, are being deleted because they can't move all of them to the new forum

Yeah, we needed to trim the forum so we could transfer the database in a reasonable amount of time. At the size it was, the forum would have been MIA for about two weeks.

Well that really sucks! Going from Leader to basically nothing again. I had more than 5650 posts... (with old screenshot to prove it)... all gone.

I understand the reasoning for chopping the forums in half or w/e, but it would have been nice to save a record of the top 100 or so posters so they don't have to redo their rankings / post count all over again. As we both know it's easy to fudge that number in the control panel, not to mention rep points as well.

I know these are just numbers with no real life meaning and whatnot... but video game achievements are even more pointless and look how much we care about those. You took away those stats and rep from us and now I feel like a nobody on this site all over again.

I thought that starting over and redo-ing was all part and parcel to the whole 7 Days to Die gig.... ;)

Honestly, though, I've always been impressed with this forum because post count never was something that people lorded over others or used to try and claim more credibility. What's funny is that I remember some extremely frequent posters in the far past who would have zero posts if they decided to return today.

*cough...Doc...cough*

I thought that starting over and redo-ing was all part and parcel to the whole 7 Days to Die gig.... ;)

Honestly, though, I've always been impressed with this forum because post count never was something that people lorded over others or used to try and claim more credibility. What's funny is that I remember some extremely frequent posters in the far past who would have zero posts if they decided to return today.

*cough...Doc...cough*

not for nothin but I liked the OG rep. I also liked to look back at posts I first made about someone water spamming my base on a server, when you could do that. Whatevs I guess.

I guess the join date is still there...so yeah I got that goin' for me. :)

Join dates will will soon change to March of 2020 for everyone. Time has had no meaning since the beginning of March and I begin to wonder if anything truly existed before Covid-19....

(I kid)

Ugh... Will that also mean I lose my Original Survivor badge too?

I'm losing more and more interest in hanging out here now.

Ugh... Will that also mean I lose my Original Survivor badge too?

I'm losing more and more interest in hanging out here now.

*Cough* The reply you quoted was intended to be a joke..Even added 'I kid' at the end. You're not likely going to get punted to a join date of 2020, or to lose your badge.

I'm not really sad that I lost my posts... I was never a frequent poster, and didn't say all that much that mattered anyway. I'm more sad to lose all those old threads. Every once in a while I'd dig back through some of them just out of nostalgia. Did we lose chimneygate? How am I supposed to know how much anguish was caused by all the broken ankles in A11? And, for the love of all that's good, how am i gonna remember who gave me a random ding to my 'reputation' back in 2015???? :wink-new:

Archived