when do you feel like you've won the game?

ElCabong

For me it is when I have my main base finished and a farm started that produces enough food for me to make a couple of high-end recipes. usually it's a pie.

Used to be it was when I had the forge. I got to where I usually had one by the end of day one.

It's pretty much the same for me too. I tend to get bored of digging for bullet ingredients for blood moons long before it gets crazy. I find blood moons are ruined by the fact that they're just bullet sponges.soaking up all your ammo.

I figure, once I've got a nice supply of super corn and can fly around in a gyrocopter, the game's pretty much completed.

Really? You must build large bases then.

Usually. But I do think next game I'll have to lower the loot settings some. The bases I typically build have a vehicle room, main room (forges etc), a power generating room, and then rooftop farms. It's all pretty un-necessary to be sure, but that's how I tend to build them.

Usually. But I do think next game I'll have to lower the loot settings some. The bases I typically build have a vehicle room, main room (forges etc), a power generating room, and then rooftop farms. It's all pretty un-necessary to be sure, but that's how I tend to build them.

lol, and here I was thinking my 5x5 base was still a little big and ended up making the bottom reverse pyramid shape so I could fit spikes underneath.

lol, and here I was thinking my 5x5 base was still a little big and ended up making the bottom reverse pyramid shape so I could fit spikes underneath.

As my Avatar shows (of an A11 base I built), I do tend to like to build them big (though I've also played Nomad games, and in MP we also used to build satellite bases which were basic 5x5x5 and fully functioning still).

Depends what the challenge is. Here are a few end game goals.

1) If playing Ironman it's over once 1st death occurs...

2) First successful demo horde defense.

a) from existing POI

b) from horde base made from scratch

c) no base at all lol...

3) All vehicles collected

4) Collect full tier 6 armor plus wpn of choice

5) Clear all tier 5 quests at least once.

a) unlock tier 5 quests at every trader

b) obtain all deco block types for sale at trader(s)

c) purchase solar bank and cells

6) Become a Millionaire (Collect 1 mill dukes)

7) Obtain/Craft/Wire all electrical lights/traps/triggers/etc.

Its when I run out of things for my character to progress on. Usually 3 stats and most of the books complete. I try and make my base mostly melee for horde night so the grind of getting resources for horde night does not really effect my game.

Sometimes I am done when horde night becomes so trivial that it could be virtually continuous and not be a problem.

Archived