Empty world with tons of ressources.

pApA^LeGBa

But we need demolisher mutants. I can have a concrete horde base on day 7 with iron bars and doors. Because there is nothing stopping me from getting ressources like crazy. I don´t even have my own workbench let alone a cement mixer and yet it´s not a problem to get a fully upgraded concrete base in a week.

Wouldn´t it be the more logical way to make it harder getting a strong base instead of having to add stupid mutants? I was in a village with like 20 houses. There wasn´t a single zombie outside a building. Not one. Got so many cement and cobblestones outside the houses it was stupid.

Also waaaay to much ammo.

I am sick of this answer tbh. I want a zombie game. Not a fkn mutant game. TFP should balance the game at least a bit. Also this doesn´t give me more zombies outside. And the cement and cobblestone on pallets stay the same, ores also. No matter what loot abundance. Same with all the workstations available pretty much everywhere.

And the difficulty turned up is just making them bulletsponges. Gotta hit one Z like 20 times. That´s no fun.

I am sick of this answer tbh. I want a zombie game. Not a fkn mutant game. TFP should balance the game at least a bit. Also this doesn´t give me more zombies outside. And the cement and cobblestone on pallets stay the same, ores also. No matter what loot abundance. Same with all the workstations available pretty much everywhere.

And the difficulty turned up is just making them bulletsponges. Gotta hit one Z like 20 times. That´s no fun.

There's a lot of grass on the ground too, but i don't pick it all up. Do you? :angel:

I like the demolisher from a tinkerers point of view, but i share your view on how well it fits in a zombie game, aka not very well. But hey, at least we got the resources to build something big and sturdy to withstand a couple blast, yes?

Too few zombies, well, i feel your pain (or rather lack of it), but even MM told us we would have to mod them in until they can get the random encounter system working, so i'm afraid thats about that.

An alternative to turning up the difficulty is to increase horde night frequency or go look down in the mods section for other creative ways to increase difficulty.

Too few zombies, well, i feel your pain (or rather lack of it), but even MM told us we would have to mod them in until they can get the random encounter system working, so i'm afraid thats about that.

So while the random encounter system is not ready, why would you release an alpha with the zombie numbers nerfed so bad? It makes no sense. The two should come hand in hand or none at all.

So while the random encounter system is not ready, why would you release an alpha with the zombie numbers nerfed so bad? It makes no sense. The two should come hand in hand or none at all.

I asked that question before. I also asked if we could at least get larger wandering hordes in the meantime. Question and request ignored.

I asked that question before. I also asked if we could at least get larger wandering hordes in the meantime. Question and request ignored.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?131394-Alpha-18-feedback-and-balancing-thread&p=1064214&viewfull=1#post1064214

Give it some time man. The xml edit to increase the wandering hordes is so easy that every moan about it is a waste of time.

Cheers

Since we can pretty much plop our workstations on the ground anywhere with just the junk turret as guardian, i'd say we have pretty much gotten the latter (none at all). As for not making sense, no, it does not, but considering all the performance issues we had or heard about in the early experimental builds, it could some sense.

For releasing this alpha, well, it's an alpha and we, the players are the testers, be it for good or bad.

Darn I was hoping you would say "I already do that". I was going to be luck yo hit me up on steam and lets play lol. I feel yah though, the game does need more balancing.

There's a lot of grass on the ground too, but i don't pick it all up. Do you? :angel:

I like the demolisher from a tinkerers point of view, but i share your view on how well it fits in a zombie game, aka not very well. But hey, at least we got the resources to build something big and sturdy to withstand a couple blast, yes?

Well it´s not exactly about me, but about the fact that if it is that easy to get a reinforced concrete base, people will use it and TFP is forced to do something that can break trough. Wouldn´t be too hard to balance it at least a bit, just cut the ressources that are lying around everywhere and don´t put that many functional workstations in POI´s.

Modding doesn´t work for me. Got the modlauncher installed, choose a mod, started the game, blackscreen with only the music. Not bothering with that during alphas tbh. Also until i figure out wich mod i like there is A19 out already. (at least i hope so :p)

@ZombieSurvivor Sorry man. I kinda like to play permadeath and pushing the difficulty up forces you to cheese a lot. Don´t like that too much tbh. (You know, that stuff with just putting up 2 frames and figthing from there and putting frames in front of doors and stuff like that)

Good to hear that the number of zombies isn´t wanted by TFP also. At least there is hope for that.

I wouldn't mind a "zombie infestation" mode or modlet (probably gonna make one at some point), where you lower drastically enemy health, but increase their numbers. Sure POIs will feel empty and easy, but imagine getting the wandering hordes more often with 20-30 Zs marching (or running), as well as biome spawns pimped with lots of Zs appearing here and there.

Haven't checked the modlet section in A18 yet, so i don't know what people have been doing in that regard.

Archived