Unable to place block

Ghostlight

Right smack in the middle of my new base I have an area one block in size and 3 blocks high that simply will not allow any block to be placed in it. There is absolutely no reason for this to be the case other than a bug. However it is right in a location where the blades for one of my very key Blade Traps needs to go, so I cannot place that damn trap.

Does anyone know a workaround for a bug like that? I can't re-position the trap due to 8 other Blade traps on all sides of it (I wanted a 3 x 3 grid of Blade Traps right there).

Thanks

Well I've noticed this too and in previous alpha's. I haven't tried this lately but there's a repair chunk density console command. There is visitmap command, and a couple of others. In A16 I got things repaired with the chunk density a couple of times but haven't tried it since then. I've also removed regions - knowing full well that everything player built in that region would be gone... A couple of times that worked... Albeit - its tedious with the regions.

The only way I can successfully remove those is if I destroy all blocks surrounding the 1 x 1 x 3 area. So, a 3 x 3 x 5 area.

The game seems to think something is there, but as soon as you clear all surrounding blocks, that "something" can no longer be supported with structural integrity and just goes away.

I have the exact same problem. Wanted to place a farm plot but wasn't allowed. Finally for some reason after alot of trying I was able to place it, but now I can't put a seed on it...

Since this is in the backyard of the house I use as my base, can it be a zombie spawn place?

One workaround is building bunch of wood frames above invisible blocks and then remove support so they crash and create rubble pile in that space ocupied by invisible blocks.Then you clear rubble with your axe and you are good to go.I had random 2 blocks in mid air preventing me to put drawbridge and i've spent hours trying to figure out why it wont let me build at specific blocks but i could put it anywhere around.I even started game over and same place on same map was bugged.

Using debug menu and clearing affected area might work but i didn't bother to test it at the time.

The only way I can successfully remove those is if I destroy all blocks surrounding the 1 x 1 x 3 area. So, a 3 x 3 x 5 area.

The game seems to think something is there, but as soon as you clear all surrounding blocks, that "something" can no longer be supported with structural integrity and just goes away.

In my case (about one in every 80x80 area) it sufficed to remove the blocks beneath this invisible tree (or something) and then place blocks around it at bottom level, then remove those blocks. Suddenly, after the removal, the three tree blocks are no more blocked. ...I love English, by the way...

==============

Maybe they have addressed those invisible trees in the last upgrade (18.2 b8). Whatever they did, after the upgrade all trees that were ones cut down became reanimated, but in a somewhat semi-dead fashion: One little kick suffices to cut them down - after removal of the block that i placed in their place during previous gameplay. Very ghostly, the whole thing: First invisible trees, then undead ones!

I had a 2x3 area that I could not place blocks at while building our screamer trap. Now, we build our trap above our below-ground industrial area, screamers spawn due to our forges/cement mixers/chem stations, but get drawn to the trap because they can reach it.

So I went into god mode to check, and sure enough right were I wanted to build there was an empty spot. Once I filled that in from bedrock to the top, I went back up, and I could place the block.

Don't know if it will help you all, but I hope so, SI can be damned annoying like that especially since the bottom area is encased in concrete that should reinforce/restore SI, but the game wanted some thing solid in that spot.

I had a 2x3 area that I could not place blocks at while building our screamer trap. Now, we build our trap above our below-ground industrial area, screamers spawn due to our forges/cement mixers/chem stations, but get drawn to the trap because they can reach it.

So I went into god mode to check, and sure enough right were I wanted to build there was an empty spot. Once I filled that in from bedrock to the top, I went back up, and I could place the block.

Don't know if it will help you all, but I hope so, SI can be damned annoying like that especially since the bottom area is encased in concrete that should reinforce/restore SI, but the game wanted some thing solid in that spot.

How many empty spaces were there from bedrock to build point?

Somehow I think there is still something beyond SI here. SI doesn’t prevent you from building... it cruelly let’s you build and then collapses.

Archived