I don't know what I have, I feel a little feverish

Hek Harris

I suggested the following in the dev diary, but here it might be a better place to be insulted.

I guess it can be modded, but would it be an issue if we were ALWAYS infected ? Afterall, the only reason that we survive could be our ability to find/craft antibiotics ?

I love the new infection system, but I think it should be a permanent threat...

Stage 1 has no repercussion, so we could always be at stage 1 in the best case ^^.

Think about it before throwing me heavy and spikey things...

In the current state of things, it wouldn't be a terrible mechanic.. quite challenging probably, but not terrible. Probably quite interesting. Maybe having the player rage out when dying from it, so in MP you'd be a threat to your crew and in SP you'd want to at least leave your base before dying.

I fear, if it was implemented for vanilla, it would be nerfed into another "chest full of food I don't need" so ... :)

Would be a fine addition for a suitable mod though.

I found it a bit funny when the titled is that and the last person to reply was "theFlu" Lol.

Honestly I can see this being fun and viable, for every playthrough I've done I've (after the first week) had a stash of antibiotics and herbal medicine because I've gotten better at avoiding stuff. I think thatll be fun. Perhaps this wouldbe my first endevor into modding

I suggested the following in the dev diary, but here it might be a better place to be insulted.

I guess it can be modded, but would it be an issue if we were ALWAYS infected ? Afterall, the only reason that we survive could be our ability to find/craft antibiotics ?

I love the new infection system, but I think it should be a permanent threat...

Stage 1 has no repercussion, so we could always be at stage 1 in the best case ^^.

Think about it before throwing me heavy and spikey things...

I like the idea.... I would think the rate the infection increases would need to be slowed a bit for it to be reasonable. It would make for interesting game play, you would have to constantly be working on keeping the infection under control. Cool.

I like the idea.... I would think the rate the infection increases would need to be slowed a bit for it to be reasonable. It would make for interesting game play, you would have to constantly be working on keeping the infection under control. Cool.

Indeed, slowing down the first step would be needed, or add a new first step "you feel almost good..." ;) that would last at least half a day.

People would be more comfortable with feeling almost good rather than being constantly sick...

Indeed, slowing down the first step would be needed, or add a new first step "you feel almost good..." ;) that would last at least half a day.

People would be more comfortable with feeling almost good rather than being constantly sick...

Well stage 1 of the infection takes about a game day to hit 14% when it gets to the next stage, so maybe slow it down so it takes 1.5 game days, but have it so you can never truly get rid of it and you constantly need things to fight it off. Could even have it setup so the system doesn't start till you get infected the first time. Then again in the walking dead the zombie virus is airborne, and everyone already has it, its just dormant till they die, or zombie saliva gets into a wound which activates the virus, which then kills the host and turns them. At least that was the story in the early seasons when they found that lab, dunno if they stuck with it, as I gave up TWD after the first few seasons as it went from being about pve vs zombies, to pvp vs humans every season, and it lost my interest.

I think this is kinda the plan in a sense. Maybe not with the same type of disease, but with several. Didn't madmole mention they were adding in the common cold as yet another? Or did I imagine that?

So, we have the infection that slowly increases in danger, until ultimately leading in death.

Dysentery is pretty similar.

We have instant food poisoning.

Common cold I assume would be something you can help relieve symptoms, but you still have to wait it out and let it run its course. Maybe it will have a multiplayer function to spread to nearby players through the air.

Archived