A18, recipes behind a loot wall??!! That sucks!

LurchUSA

Enjoying crafting in A17, with recipes tied to knowledge tree point level. Now in A18, I have to go hunting for recipes found in loot items??!!

WTF!

I hated that idea up to A15, felt relived when in A17 the recipes were unlocked based in skill like VALMOD. Now we're back to hunting for recipes again. F THAT! :mad2:

If you take the A17 system, keep the books that were in A17 since they were for a handful of special recipes. Add the new book perk system and keep the moved crafting skills (e.g. Pistol crafting under pistol skill) updated in A18 and THAT would be an awesome system.

However the devs will ignore me, the rest of you will yell at me to not let the door hit my arse on the way out. So this is probably pointless in highlighting this oversight.

Confused as to why you dont want to go loot for things? You dont state. Is there something else to do in between horde nights that you find more interesting than exploring and looting? I cant think of anything.

If you just want to stay at base and build, mine, and mess around. Do that and unlock some recipes in your skill tree and sell crafts and mats to buy schematics or whatever. It only takes a short time to check the trader every few game days.

To me a17 was horrible. Was the first alpha in several years that couldnt hold my attention at all because there was no reason to go do anything, and hated the way the perks were set up.

Enjoying crafting in A17, with recipes tied to knowledge tree point level. Now in A18, I have to go hunting for recipes found in loot items??!!

WTF!

I hated that idea up to A15, felt relived when in A17 the recipes were unlocked based in skill like VALMOD. Now we're back to hunting for recipes again. F THAT! :mad2:

If you take the A17 system, keep the books that were in A17 since they were for a handful of special recipes. Add the new book perk system and keep the moved crafting skills (e.g. Pistol crafting under pistol skill) updated in A18 and THAT would be an awesome system.

However the devs will ignore me, the rest of you will yell at me to not let the door hit my arse on the way out. So this is probably pointless in highlighting this oversight.

You don't have to. Aside from a handful of the perks which are only a tiny amount of recipes all recipes are unlocked via skills OR recipe books.

So you have a choice now.

WTF!

well that gives you a reason to go out into the harsh wasteland.

plus it gives you that happy feeling when you find it!

WTF!

Not yelling. But I don't understand what you want to have changed. Consider me confused:

You like A17 and in A17 you learned INT to get all the recipes. Now you learn INT to get all the recipes minus armor and most weapons. But you say they should "keep the moved crafting skills (e.g. Pistol crafting under pistol skill) updated in A18". So what exactly do you want changed? Why isn't learning INT sufficient for you now?

WTF!

Someone correct me if i am wrong, but there is a workaround: Grandpa's fergetting juice.

You keep all the schematics you read, and you keep your perk points, but you lose 40k dukes. So it is possible to build the things you want, drink some moonshine, then respec into something more appropriate.

Also, destroyed workstations have a 25% chance to drop the schematic when wrenched. So those broken chem stations, work benches, and cement mixers out in the world have more uses than just materials.

For vehicles, you don't need a schematic to craft them, just the pieces, so if you buy the pieces you can craft them in a work bench. Wheels can be made once any vehicle schematic is read.

Archived