[A19] Stainless Steel Again

Buggi

Here's a small mod I put together to bring Stainless Steel back to the upgrade path after Steel. Adds a new SteelPolish item craftable in the chemistry station.

Now featuring Localization and crafting in bulk. Thanks to bodysalvage for this work! Glad to see the mod being used!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mRR1r6S6vHaWGMcYYRC2RmKkwYOGtLe_

Google changed the drive urls, but the above one should still work, in case it doesn't here's the full new url:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mRR1r6S6vHaWGMcYYRC2RmKkwYOGtLe_/view?usp=sharing

Here is a new rebalanced version for those who like a little more challenge.  Requires 4 polish to upgrade blocks now.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/138oVeKbk3Nu6eNbNQy1R_lRBTQS2htmc/view?usp=sharing

Also, to make it actually worth it, I made Stainless Steel blocks tougher, both in HP and explosive resistance. Those new explody zombies are brutal to a base.

Unzip into your mods directory.

This could to be added to stay in keeping with the Block for repairs from steel to the paste :)

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name=stainlessSteelMaster]">

<property class="RepairItems">

<property name="Steel Polish" value="10"/>

</property>

</append>

Oh & a HUGE thankyou as im able to learn from this Mod as I was asking about a similar thing the other day with my Titanium Ingots :)

This could to be added to stay in keeping with the Block for repairs from steel to the paste :)

</property>

</append>

Oh & a HUGE thankyou as im able to learn from this Mod as I was asking about a similar thing the other day with my Titanium Ingots :)

You go with it I like the looks of the titanium better. I'll be looking out for it.

Sure, remove the recipe and add the steel polish to the trader resource lists. Then add the EconomicValue property to the steel polish item and make it as expensive as you want it to be.

Ahhh im unfamiliar with adding stuff to xml files, is it simply a case of copy and pasting or do i need to do a bit of editing? appreciate the reply.

Best way I learn is by example.

Check out other mods and vanilla files and/or my tutorial video here:

XML and xpath is actually easy to work with, just a little understanding of structure is all you need.

is this tutorial up to date for alpha 18 please?

i tried to make an xml file called "traders.xml" and added in this but i got an error with it.

This is the line of code i made for it

<trader_item_group name="generalResources"> <!-- bundle size -->

<item name="steelPolish" count="50,1000"/> <!-- 50 -->

Any idea where i went wrong please? thanks.

</property>

</append>

which section would that go please?

which section would that go please?

Yeah, I put the original modlet into the game, but if I want to repair it where would this go?

" <append xpath="/blocks/block[@name=stainlessSteelMaster]">

</property>

</append>"

Thats how I did mine, 1 Issue I think I found Stability Glue if its higher than 300 Theres a chance everything will fall if its within a 1 block max limit... I tested this myself & the hole lot wobbled & then fell, All blocks fell even the ones with support ?

Is this an issue with the core game or with the stability glue itself, I tried 400 & 500 & both did the same, Collapsed....

is this tutorial up to date for alpha 18 please?

Very little has changed between Alpha when it comes to XML modding.

The only major thing that changed is where to put new icons for things. Just check out this mod for the directory structure.

Thats how I did mine, 1 Issue I think I found Stability Glue if its higher than 300 Theres a chance everything will fall if its within a 1 block max limit... I tested this myself & the hole lot wobbled & then fell, All blocks fell even the ones with support ?

Is this an issue with the core game or with the stability glue itself, I tried 400 & 500 & both did the same, Collapsed....

The game itself can only support 15 unsupported blocks on any side, that's a hard coded value it seems.

• 2 weeks later...
The game itself can only support 15 unsupported blocks on any side, that's a hard coded value it seems.

IS This new for A 18 .. I used to build large floating bases and had no issues in A 16 - 17 .. Today I tried your mod and everything collapsed when I started to remove 1 block on a wooden roof. Just wondering ..

I was on day 28 horde and 2 hours to go .. But Now will start a new game … no since in trying to recover this game _ GS 164 on Survivalist @ 32 Bldmoon

• 9 months later...

Archived