[A19] Stainless Steel Again

Buggi

15 minutes ago, DanielHazmat said:

i dont see icon from the steelpolish ......why ???

Hi DanielHazmat

I don't know if I have to see the name of the folder, the name you put in modinfo.xml, so that it doesn't display the icon correctly.
Edit in modinfo.xml the name to FGStainlessMod and check if it solves

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xml>
    <ModInfo>
        <Name value="Flexible Games Stainless Steel Mod" />
        <Description value="Make your bunker shine with Stainless Steel!" />
        <Author value="Buggi" />
        <Version value="A18" />
        <Website value="https://www.youtube.com/c/FlexibleGames" />
    </ModInfo>
</xml>

Just now, DanielHazmat said:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xml>
    <ModInfo>
        <Name value="Flexible Games Stainless Steel Mod" />
        <Author value="Buggi" />
        <Version value="A18" />
    </ModInfo>
</xml>

So it would be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xml>
    <ModInfo>
        <Name value="FGStainlessMod" />
        <Author value="Buggi" />
        <Version value="A19" />
    </ModInfo>
</xml>

21 minutes ago, DanielHazmat said:

ok i try. i come with resolt in 5 minutes .

i change ...didnt works....same problem..i dont see icon steelpolish :(

This is very strange, they already asked in a previous comment, but he did not give the solution, he only said that if there was an icon, he will leave the Check and in a moment I will tell you.

4 hours ago, DanielHazmat said:

ok bro . thx man . if rezolve the problem please send me messaje ...i need this mod ...its very good 

The mod works fine it just lacks a description but that is easy to add, check the PM I send you.

A19.0_2020-08-23_16-29-48.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated the mod to include localization and crafting in bulk. A huge thank you to bodysalvage for doing the work on this, same link should download the new version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mRR1r6S6vHaWGMcYYRC2RmKkwYOGtLe_/view?usp=sharing

And @Sagat clients have to have the mod installed to see the icons. Clients only download the XML config files when joining a server.

• 3 weeks later...

I gave the author 1 more update for this mod.

Update Notes :

1. Returns the Stainless to the downgrade path correctly so it will revert to Steel when destroyed not Concrete. This improves the defensive quality substantially and fully restores the Stainless blocks to the upgrade/downgrade system. 
2. Tweaked the 1x Polish per upgrade to 4 and increased the Hits needed to upgrade to match the rest of the vanilla blocks(4x stone hammer and 1x nailgun).
3.  As a final edit I decided to use the local icon for the legacy polish to enable server side only requirement which eliminates the need for the client to have the mod to operate. I did not remove the custom icon, I only commented it out so the server administrator can decide if they want all clients to download the mod or use it as a standalone.

Please, if you find any other bugs with the mod let me know and I will be happy to take a look at it. I did these updates on my private server and tested with a group to make sure they all work properly so far. These updates should almost complete this mod and fully return the Stainless to near vanilla standards. 

Mod Update Notes: Should be the last update it needs for awhile. I think I corrected all major bugs to make it fit in with the upgrade/downgrade systems.

- Added a complete Downgrade path for each block which returns it to the Downgrade system properly and makes the block much more valuable in defense.  This was missing in previous releases.

- Server Mod Only : Commented the custom icon call and used the default resource icon in the client. Now it doesnt need to be in all clients to operate and can be used as a server only mod. Easily revert to a client requirement and the custom icon by changing the commented icon lines as needed in the item.xml file.

- Adjusted the required Polish per upgrade to 4 so it will properly do Hit per upgrade and flow with the vanilla blocks. Now it takes a few hits to upgrade the block properly. Using 1 works but causes the block to upgrade in 1 hit more often than not.

- Adjusted Hit Per Upgrade to 4x stone hammer and 1x nailgun to match vanilla blocks.

• 4 months later...

Archived