Fast levelingin A18?

Hollowprime

How do you level up fast now in A18? I'm at 700 zombie kills, build 4 layers of my base , now I'm building another one, and on day 21 I'm level 36! In A17 I used to be 80 and I feel kinda underleveled . The zombies don't seem to be a threat but that doesn't mean I have to grind that much. By the time day 28 arrives I'll have blade traps and possibly turrets but I'm already boringly unstoppable with a mere level 4 sledgehammer.

I feel the leveling progression in A18 is slower than in A17 and dramatically slower than A16. Should I increase the xp gain to 200 or even 300%? Or is there another hidden way to level up fast?

Step 1: Make sure you first have a good "damage hose" firearm.

Step 2: Start making the "Mother of all fortresses"!

Start with Wood Frames and upgrade, upgrade, upgrade!

Edit: For example, each block upgraded from concrete to reinforced is over 400 exp! :) <--- it's incorrect.

Edit2: The exp progression starting with a wood frame through wood x2, cobblestone and concrete x2 is: 48,96,120,240,240

= 744 exp per block upgraded to reinforced concrete from wood frames!

One could argue that changing a bunch of settings is completely "legit" when testing an experimental build. It would likely be great feedback to give a "feel" synopsis for various ways to play (standard settings vs 200% xp and 200% loot, for example).

BTW, I'd bump loot up if you bump up XP. Otherwise you're likely to be behind the gamestage in regard to relative power.

One could argue that changing a bunch of settings is completely "legit" when testing an experimental build. It would likely be great feedback to give a "feel" synopsis for various ways to play (standard settings vs 200% xp and 200% loot, for example).

BTW, I'd bump loot up if you bump up XP. Otherwise you're likely to be behind the gamestage in regard to relative power.

Or modify the starting quest to give you 10 or even 20 points instead of 4.

You could role-play this out:

- The Duke himself knows you and your capabilities.

- He knows you can survive in the Apocalypse, naked and unarmed.

Your character is obviously a powerful and capable person, so reflect that in his starting stats.

Note: Its fun sometimes, but gets a bit old if you do it too much.

I reached 34 at day 17??

I changed the daytime from default 1 hour to 1 1/2 tho so that might impact a little.

I also Sololy quest n Loot. Am starting to get to building right now so lets see how that works out.

Do you go out at nighttime? I do since i have accomplished a constant stream of armory and weapons.

Archived