Turrets Syndrome?

GameOverMan

There is nothing wrong with the points you are making (in fact I agree with most of them), however the OP clearly stated they were ok with the use of words (knowing the context) and yet people were still going on at them. It's the delivery which comes across as bullying.

Are people no longer capable of discussing things without considering the other persons' perspective?

We have considered his/her perspective, and as these posts show we thoroughly disagree. People (including me) are having a field day with OP's opinion because the notion that you must be of a demographic to even joke about something vaguely related to it is absolutely ridiculous. Must I be a farmer to make a produce pun? Am I demeaning the amount of work farmers do every day by making a knock knock joke with citrus? If this were the case, comedians would never have work again, and humor would die in the water. Orange you glad that we live in a world where we can make jokes about things without some arbitrary rule system?

What about the people who laugh at the joke? Surely if it's distasteful to make a joke about something that you don't experience yourself, then people in the same disposition would be in poor taste for laughing at it, right? If you read "Tourret's Syndrome" and a smile appeared on your face, you are actively supporting ridiculing the unfortunate.

It's a ridiculous concept that should have no bearing on the real world, let alone 7DTD and TFP.

This post made me actually log in again. I am 30+plus years old, but was diagnosed with Tourettes Synrdome at 5. The involuntary spasms were so bad I would fall down. As I got older it made me a target for bullying. As I grew older, it seems the worst of the ticks faded. I am not offended in the slightest by this and I'd appreciate if anyone who wants to pretend to be offended stop. Don't be offended for me, or others like me. It does no one any good.

EDIT: Even though my condition made life pretty rough socially growing up, I really don't see a reason to get offended. I remember South Park did a whole episode about this condition and I found it pretty funny. After a while you realize that you let it be a sensitive topic that throws you out of wack because other people made fun of you for it. Or you could move on and just learn to laugh a little, and then ignore it. There are always bigger real issues to worry about.

This post made me actually log in again. I am 30+plus years old, but was diagnosed with Tourettes Synrdome at 5. The involuntary spasms were so bad I would fall down. As I got older it made me a target for bullying. As I grew older, it seems the worst of the ticks faded. I am not offended in the slightest by this and I'd appreciate if anyone who wants to pretend to be offended stop. Don't be offended for me, or others like me. It does no one any good.

EDIT: Even though my condition made life pretty rough socially growing up, I really don't see a reason to get offended. I remember South Park did a whole episode about this condition and I found it pretty funny. After a while you realize that you let it be a sensitive topic that throws you out of wack because other people made fun of you for it. Or you could move on and just learn to laugh a little, and then ignore it. There are always bigger real issues to worry about.

Well said dude, I'm sorry about your condition.

Fun fact about that episode, (I think it was this one?) the Tourrette Association of America tweeted against the episode before it came out, expecting 20 minutes of ridicule. They were pleasantly surprised and retracted their words after it was released.

Is anyone offended when a trader tells you "OK the deals done, now get out of my store" or something like that, I admittedly am, a small amount anyway but I come back to him If I need something even though I know he is going to call me a F***er or a scumbag, I usually cuss him out before I enter the store.

Oddly enough why is Jen a female trader with a mans voice, you could have some questions about that I guess, maybe a "-"sexual or something. Either way it is a bit weird hearing him or her or whatever talking, really it is very weird I am not trying to be funny.

Oddly enough why is Jen a female trader with a mans voice, you could have some questions about that I guess, maybe a "-"sexual or something. Either way it is a bit weird hearing him or her or whatever talking, really it is very weird I am not trying to be funny.

I just assumed they haven’t had a chance to get the dialogue and recording done for a voice actor. I doubt there is any malicious intent.

(This is not directed at you, “bob” (if that *is p* your real name! :) ). But I really don’t get why people are offended by games, movies, comedians, etc. It is entertainment. It is suppose to be fun. I get it if someone blatantly intends to offend, obviously that is uncalled for. I’m a member of a religious group that is often a target of jokes and I think most of the jokes are funny.

My son has aspbergers syndrome. And I have tried to teach him that yes, while a few people are just jerks, most people aren’t intending harm if they ask him about it or even make some sort of awkward joke. I giggled the first time I read the “Turrets Syndrome” pun. I thought it was lever, and fit the dry humor of the game (I love all the structure / business name puns).

Its is Robert or bob and yeah I am sure Jen is awaiting a voice actor eventually but it is still a bit weird.

Some people get offended or in my case angry if they take the insults personally, I honestly believe I am constantly being screwed with from YouTube to my neighbors and while I may have a mental illness it is all to real to me. This being a delusional disorder and paranoia. I watched a pool match with Howard Cossell last night and even though the match was in the late 70s I thought he was screwing with me. they call that Ideas of reference and even though it is impossible for that to happen I still believe he did and nothing could change that, the delusional part there.

Again I am not trying to be funny and this has gone on since I was 19 and I am 51 now so Ive lived with 32 years of it and there is no treatment for it and no drug that can help it. So if someone calls someone a whatever and you always think they are talking about you, it can get to you. I usually gauge it like this: If something is said and it is something negative it is usually about me, be it internet, TV, movies, whatever. If its is something good, then it must be about someone else. I hate it but its true.

Its is Robert or bob and yeah I am sure Jen is awaiting a voice actor eventually but it is still a bit weird.

Again I am not trying to be funny and this has gone on since I was 19 and I am 51 now so Ive lived with 32 years of it and there is no treatment for it and no drug that can help it.

I was attempting a lame joke with the “name” comment, so my apologies if you took the comment seriously.

I’d say that it is completely understandable in your case. I’m genuinely sorry you’ve had to deal with that all your life; it must be frustrating.

I disagree with the OP but I don't feel the need to resort to ridicule, especially when it is possibly a sensitive topic for someone.

A lot of regulars on this forum need to shoot people down to feel better about themselves, and the irony of a thread full of people pearl clutching because one person implied that something might offend people, is clearly lost on them.

You dont find that at all a bit insensitive to people with Tourette's Syndrome?

i really didn't get it.

until now

still dont care if they named the perk (MLG 420 YY YEET Scoop) people would still complain

- - - Updated - - -

Outrage culture at its finest

TRIGGERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

It's Madamole.

i vote to name him MAD POLE!! now

Of course it's in poor taste. But TFP clearly doesn't have an issue with being crass or offensive. They've made a point of putting in vulgar, risque, or offensive things regularly and response has been, overwhelmingly "deal with it."

I wish they hadn't done all of that, but I'd already bought the game before they put all that in, so other than voice my disapproval (I disapprove), asking them to be better, and letting others who might consider the game know if they fail to do so, there's not much impact I can have towards the makers of a willfully offensive game.

A lot of regulars on this forum need to shoot people down to feel better about themselves, and the irony of a thread full of people pearl clutching because one person implied that something might offend people, is clearly lost on them.

Yet again the only way your position seems to have any rebuttal to our arguments is that we're just meanie heads.

Of course it's in poor taste. But TFP clearly doesn't have an issue with being crass or offensive. They've made a point of putting in vulgar, risque, or offensive things regularly and response has been, overwhelmingly "deal with it."

I wish they hadn't done all of that, but I'd already bought the game before they put all that in, so other than voice my disapproval (I disapprove), asking them to be better, and letting others who might consider the game know if they fail to do so, there's not much impact I can have towards the makers of a willfully offensive game.

How? How is it in poor taste? Seriously why can no one tell me why the perk name is so degrading and horrible? Everyone is kicking around the idea that TFP is trying to make this horridly offensive game yet no one can explain why it's so bad? It makes me seriously question whether you actually care about people with the ailments that TFP are "making light of", because several have now commented expressing their complete lack of care about this issue. Most think it's funny, so if you are genuinely worried that TFP is upping depression rates I got news for ya.

I would be on your side of the argument if the perk description berated you for being subhuman or if TFP put racial slurs in their item descriptions. Then we'd actually have something to talk about. But no, we have to pretend that a turret perk is hurting people. I don't know, maybe you guys think that people who actually have Tourrette's aren't able to think for themselves, that would explain a lot.

I was attempting a lame joke with the “name” comment, so my apologies if you took the comment seriously.

I’d say that it is completely understandable in your case. I’m genuinely sorry you’ve had to deal with that all your life; it must be frustrating.

I did not take the name thing seriously the joke must have went over my head I guess. Thank you for understanding my situation but you shouldn't be sorry, its not your fault.

How? How is it in poor taste? Seriously why can no one tell me why the perk name is so degrading and horrible? Everyone is kicking around the idea that TFP is trying to make this horridly offensive game yet no one can explain why it's so bad? It makes me seriously question whether you actually care about people with the ailments that TFP are "making light of", because several have now commented expressing their complete lack of care about this issue. Most think it's funny, so if you are genuinely worried that TFP is upping depression rates I got news for ya.

I would be on your side of the argument if the perk description berated you for being subhuman or if TFP put racial slurs in their item descriptions. Then we'd actually have something to talk about. But no, we have to pretend that a turret perk is hurting people. I don't know, maybe you guys think that people who actually have Tourrette's aren't able to think for themselves, that would explain a lot.

it offends the zombies! lol

People also find stripper zombies a poor taste.

how?!?! its a job "profession" and its the way she died! and that the way the job is and plus is not like she's fully nude!

in that case the cop zombie is a stereotype cuz hes fat!

spider zombies is offensive against crackheads (that's my guess what he is)

etc

I found it hilarious, honestly. Kind of nice to see a company having a sense of humor. Rather than looking for somethign to be offended about, go do something productive.

productive adjective

pro·​duc·​tive | \ prə-ˈdək-tiv , prō-\

Definition of productive

1: having the quality or power of producing especially in abundance

productive fishing waters

2: effective in bringing about

investigating committees have been productive of much good

— R. K. Carr

3a: yielding results, benefits, or profits

b: yielding or devoted to the satisfaction of wants or the creation of utilities

4: continuing to be used in the formation of new words or constructions

un- is a productive prefix

5: raising mucus or sputum (as from the bronchi)

a productive cough

Well his post did produce some stuff in other posts. It might not be bring about the results you want but it was a productive OP wither good or bad.

Archived