Oh well. My 4 year old rig just cannot keep up, I guess

Mr_Meeseeks

You gotta be either trolling or playing at 360 * 160 resolution with -1 quality textures 0.0000000001 View Distance

Yes I really am getting 50-60 fps with a 10 year old processor and 4gb ram :smile-new: . It was a good choice when I originally got it and the processor has done a pretty good job of keeping up over the years, hence why I've never felt the need to upgrade it.

Playing at 1680x1050 resolution helps, obviously I have some settings down but the game doesn't look too different to most of the streams I've been watching. So far my performance in A18 has been ok compared to previous alphas. I'm using the same settings as I had in A17.

You gotta be either trolling or playing at 360 * 160 resolution with -1 quality textures 0.0000000001 View Distance

And even then, it would probably still stutter sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I really am getting 50-60 fps with a 10 year old processor and 4gb ram :smile-new: . It was a good choice when I originally got it and the processor has done a pretty good job of keeping up over the years, hence why I've never felt the need to upgrade it.

Playing at 1680x1050 resolution helps, obviously I have some settings down but the game doesn't look too different to most of the streams I've been watching. So far my performance in A18 has been ok compared to previous alphas. I'm using the same settings as I had in A17.

Video or it didn't happen. I don't see this game anywhere near a 2 digit fps number with 4GBs of ram.

Haha...wow. I really hope a few people in this thread are trolling.

BTW, this is exactly why they release to streamers first. They tend to have amazing computers that can put up with non-optimized code / graphics. (Also, I didn't see very many streamers do this, but I think the streamers should mention that the game is currently experimental and what that means.)

The a18 tanked my framerate but guys, you're comparing code that was optimized for months with code that has a crap-ton of new stuff. Optimization wasn't the goal of this release. They call it "experimental" for a reason. If you expect it to be perfect, go back to 17.4. It will be a long road before 18 is as optimized.

The good news is that it really hit home the fact that I *really* need to pull the trigger on that new GPU that's been sitting in my Newegg shopping cart for a while now. :: cough ::

And even then, it would probably still stutter sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Video or it didn't happen. I don't see this game anywhere near a 2 digit fps number with 4GBs of ram.

100% not trolling - if you see my previous comment you can see that I also have an Nvida 960 4GB (I think the 4gb ram here helps with the lower system ram) and also an SSD. The game is running fine for me this alpha - do you really think would I even be here if I was getting less than 2 digit fps?

Optimization wasn't the goal of this release.

In fairness, the changelog states (under Optimizations no less) "With our changes the game runs a lot better for most users." Sure it's "most", not "all", but who doesn't expect they fall into the "most" category?

In fairness, the changelog states (under Optimizations no less) "With our changes the game runs a lot better for most users." Sure it's "most", not "all", but who doesn't expect they fall into the "most" category?

Touche. But my point was that 17.4 had gone through months of specific optimization release to tighten up code. A new experimental adds a BUNCH of stuff in that hasn't had specific performance tuning. If you're not sure what I mean; feel free to look back through the Optimizations sections from previous alphas starting from the first release, moving through the point releases.

Touche. But my point was that 17.4 had gone through months of specific optimization release to tighten up code. A new experimental adds a BUNCH of stuff in that hasn't had specific performance tuning. If you're not sure what I mean; feel free to look back through the Optimizations sections from previous alphas starting from the first release, moving through the point releases.

I can't say I'm sure what you mean, but I have enough of an inkling that I'm waiting a while to update. Given that I run an onboard-graphics potato, I doubt my graphical performance woes would be given much attention at this point. :crushed:

What has usually happened in the past is they will indeed optimize the game and make it run faster..But then they get all that extra overhead and speed so instead of leaving it alone, they decide to add more stuff which just bogs the game right back down to where it was again.

The result is the game does indeed look a bit prettier each time..but it will run worse and worse because most optimizations that they promise are just generally used up on all the new eye-candy.

Try turning off the occlusion.

Tried that didn't see much of a difference maybe a few FPS. I also tried turning off distant terrain with gfx dt and that made my FPS outside jump from 4-12 to 60+. Now the game looks terrible without distant terrain but at lest I can move around and check out the new build. Also if it matters I can not create a RWG map, when I do it has those long trenches in all hills that people are posting pics of.

update:

Tried logging in to some servers and turning off Distant Terrain and I am not getting as good results. With it on I'm getting 6FPS with it off I'm getting 12FPS. Also getting this message

"Detail rendering shaders not found for active render pipeline, falling back to default shaders"

That spams when I turn the distant terrain back on.

My 6700K, 980ti box cannot get more than 20fps using same settings as I had in A17. With Geforce Optimized settings I do not get above 45fps. I am on a 34" ultrawide. Never had any issues like this in previous alphas. Reducing resolution fixes problem. With vsync disabled at 1920x1080 I can get 110+ fps.

Anyone else experiencing the same on machines that are slightly older?

6600k, 980ti, 16gb ram, 1920x1080 res lowest I got so far was 50 FPS, no horde night yet.

I guess its as far as you can go on that screen.

Settings.jpg.6647393727e03934da94820f38ab8a84.jpg

Those have been my settings so far.. If I use those at 1080p I get about 90FPS average, if I drop down to 1600 x 900 then I get 130FPS, haven't seen it dip below 110FPS on 1600.

This is on a i7 4790K, 12gb Ram, GTX 1080 8gb.. I am getting better performance using higher settings in A18 than I did in A17 and the skipping, random pauses seem to have all but gone for me.

Archived