Oh well. My 4 year old rig just cannot keep up, I guess

Mr_Meeseeks

My 6700K, 980ti box cannot get more than 20fps using same settings as I had in A17. With Geforce Optimized settings I do not get above 45fps. I am on a 34" ultrawide. Never had any issues like this in previous alphas. Reducing resolution fixes problem. With vsync disabled at 1920x1080 I can get 110+ fps.

Anyone else experiencing the same on machines that are slightly older?

The same thing was at the a17 release. I had to play with 720p on 27 inch monitor and still couldn't get the stable 60fps in some cases. Now it's working fine with native resolution using the same GTX770.

It just shows that in case of 7dtd the actual playable version should not be expected earlier than after 1-2 months after the experimental release.

For me, I'm using a PC with the following components...

GPU: GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB GDDR5

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g @3.5 Ghz

RAM: 8 GB DDR4 @2400 MHz Duel Channel.

5 HOURS AGO, I was playing Alpha 17 with reflections and SSR (which is also reflections) off and everything else on max and was getting 75 ~ 144 FPS with the View Distance set to low.

Now, after updating to Alpha 18, I'm getting 2 to 15 fps only!?!?

LOOOOOOOOL WHERE'S THIS OPTIMIZATIONS?!? LMAO!!!!!

My 6700K, 980ti box cannot get more than 20fps using same settings as I had in A17. With Geforce Optimized settings I do not get above 45fps. I am on a 34" ultrawide. Never had any issues like this in previous alphas. Reducing resolution fixes problem. With vsync disabled at 1920x1080 I can get 110+ fps.

Anyone else experiencing the same on machines that are slightly older?

This is experimental build, which means that many things aren't even optimised yet. You will get a frame drops at random moments, and the best thing you could do, is to either report those places, or use the sandbox/debug mode to doublecheck, which entities cause performance decrease.

If I recall correcly, first major update on A17 experimental did bring many fixes to materials and after that game was pretty enjoyable on performance level. A18 experimental is for checking, finding bugs, goofing around.

- - - Updated - - -

For me, I'm using a PC with the following components...

GPU: GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB GDDR5

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g @3.5 Ghz

RAM: 8 GB DDR4 @2400 MHz Duel Channel.

5 HOURS AGO, I was playing Alpha 17 with reflections and SSR (which is also reflections) off and everything else on max and was getting 75 ~ 144 FPS with the View Distance set to low.

Now, after updating to Alpha 18, I'm getting 2 to 15 fps only!?!?

LOOOOOOOOL WHERE'S THIS OPTIMIZATIONS?!? LMAO!!!!!

It's experimental, deal with it ;) . On serious note - is it so low everywhere you are? Does it depend on the item you're holding right now? Turn on the cheat menu, god mode and teleport around the map. See, if in middle of nowhere, with no POIs around you're getting so drastic FPS decrease too.

This is experimental build, which means that many things aren't even optimised yet. You will get a frame drops at random moments, and the best thing you could do, is to either report those places, or use the sandbox/debug mode to doublecheck, which entities cause performance decrease.

If I recall correcly, first major update on A17 experimental did bring many fixes to materials and after that game was pretty enjoyable on performance level. A18 experimental is for checking, finding bugs, goofing around.

- - - Updated - - -

It's experimental, deal with it ;) . On serious note - is it so low everywhere you are? Does it depend on the item you're holding right now? Turn on the cheat menu, god mode and teleport around the map. See, if in middle of nowhere, with no POIs around you're getting so drastic FPS decrease too.

It happens to me literally everywhere! And it doesn't depend on the item I'm holding too (I was holding my hands lol) and when Alpha 17 experimental released, it performed flawlessly on the same PC and same settings...

- - - Updated - - -

I got some settings dialed in and my frames are stable above 45fps. Worst areas are views with long draw distance like desert mountains on the horizon. No noticeable drops yet with animations or POIs.

In town, I'm good around 55 to 60fps

Texture Streaming - Off

Texture Quality - Half (From Full)

Reflected Shadows - Off

SS Reflections - Off

These were the changes that made the biggest difference for me

When are you going to start selling that Coolaid you been drinking Roland?

You really think it's all over because there are performance hiccups on the first day of experimental? Its not Koolaid...its simple observation of 12 previous alpha releases. If I seem nice and hydrated it isn't because of what I am drinking-- it is simply that I'm not wasting any moisture on tears at this point. Things will get sorted

..or not and some of us with older rigs will have to turn settings down.

I play with half textures and the second best 16:9 resolution shadows on near and reflections turned off and it looks good enough for me and plays great. If you want the best then upgrade to the best and even then you may need to wait for a hotfix or two before the game is optimized for most configs.

Archived