Water and A18

Maguvas

Hi everybody!

I was just reading that in A18 they'll add lakes rivers (small ones I guess because a river is already there) and natural erosion.

Someone knows if they'll fix also the ancient water bug not bug: put some frames in water remove them and the water doesn't refill the emptiness.

In A17 maybe b240 - I don't remember which was the last version I played - this wrong behaviour was still there.

Thank you.

Don't you think TFP are already aware of this?

Let them fix the RWG first, much more important I guess.

Is that an ironic message? I didn't get it if it is. Anyway for sure they know: it's so well known that as of today you cannot call it bug but it seems more a game feature :)

They definitely plan on fixing the water but they also are trying to keep A18 smaller so that it can be released in a timely manner. Depending on how long RWG takes will determine if they have time to get to the water fix and raft in A18 or whether it slips to the next update.

Water fix and raft have been confirmed but not yet for A18.

just a simple replace block with water block if all surrounding blocks are water.

you kill a zombie in water when the corpse disappears it is replaced with an air block or maybe its replaced with nothing? The block of water above drops down and leaves hole and more infuriating is the damn water rushing noise.

how can i build my castle in a lake when the lake dries up around it? lol . please look at water soon.

Hi everybody!

I was just reading that in A18 they'll add lakes rivers (small ones I guess because a river is already there) and natural erosion.

Someone knows if they'll fix also the ancient water bug not bug: put some frames in water remove them and the water doesn't refill the emptiness.

In A17 maybe b240 - I don't remember which was the last version I played - this wrong behaviour was still there.

Thank you.

It seems with "a river is already there" you are talking about Navezgane. Navezgane is handcrafted, though. The message about lakes and rivers is only relevant to RWG (as far as I know), where such stuff (lakes definitely, rivers, lets wait and see) would be generated by algorithm.

The bug not bug is actually useful at the moment if you want to remove water accidentally filling up some space.

I think I would prefer water blocks to never get destroyed but any water block can flow to any of the 9 blocks beneath it (i.e. the block under it and its neighbors). And that generates cascading calculations on neighborhood water blocks like the SI calculations of collapsing buildings.

Sure, that could tank fps hard like it does for collapsing buildings. But the problem with collapsing buildings seem to be that the limit how many blocks are calculated on any tick seems to high or is not dependant on current server load (since I didn't try to collapse buildings in A17 yet, that might have changed already, this is my observation how A16 SI worked)

They definitely plan on fixing the water but they also are trying to keep A18 smaller so that it can be released in a timely manner. Depending on how long RWG takes will determine if they have time to get to the water fix and raft in A18 or whether it slips to the next update.

Woooaaaa THE Roland :) what an honour: in this forum Roland is just like an archmage in a guild.

Thank you for your answer: nice to know there will be also the raft.

Kind regards.

It seems with "a river is already there" you are talking about Navezgane. Navezgane is handcrafted, though. The message about lakes and rivers is only relevant to RWG (as far as I know), where such stuff (lakes definitely, rivers, lets wait and see) would be generated by algorithm.

The bug not bug is actually useful at the moment if you want to remove water accidentally filling up some space.

I think I would prefer water blocks to never get destroyed but any water block can flow to any of the 9 blocks beneath it (i.e. the block under it and its neighbors). And that generates cascading calculations on neighborhood water blocks like the SI calculations of collapsing buildings.

Sure, that could tank fps hard like it does for collapsing buildings. But the problem with collapsing buildings seem to be that the limit how many blocks are calculated on any tick seems to high or is not dependant on current server load (since I didn't try to collapse buildings in A17 yet, that might have changed already, this is my observation how A16 SI worked)

Yeah I was referring to Navezgane indeed: you've a spycam in my house man :) how do you know? I'm joking of course.

About the removed blocks behaviour I totally and completely agree with you: of course that would be CPU killer machine but let's imagine just for the sake of imagining the possibility to build a dam and remove it to redefine the water course.

Maybe we'll need a 20-core CPU :)

Yeah I was referring to Navezgane indeed: you've a spycam in my house man :) how do you know? I'm joking of course.

About the removed blocks behaviour I totally and completely agree with you: of course that would be CPU killer machine but let's imagine just for the sake of imagining the possibility to build a dam and remove it to redefine the water course.

Maybe we'll need a 20-core CPU :)

Well, it wouldn't need to be a CPU killer if we accepted that the water wouldn't flow freely but merely move just as fast as CPU cycles are available.

I.e. on a particularyly weak CPU you might see the water blocks drop one by one like in slowmo, a fast CPU might have enough free time to move say 200 blocks per second and still not drop below a minimum timing necessary to simulate the rest of the world.

Woooaaaa THE Roland :) what an honour: in this forum Roland is just like an archmage in a guild.

Thank you for your answer: nice to know there will be also the raft.

Kind regards.

Thanks for the kind words but please notice my post count. I’ll reply to anyone and more times than they originally wanted. ;)

Raft!! Confirmed!!?? I can't wait!!! Well, I've waited about 4 years so I can wait...but I don't wanna :D This made my (7) day!! This isn't awesome...it is all of the awe!!

Archived