Farm Life v2

stasis78

So if I understand correctly, you can scrap halite into salt. But where do you get halite? I was assuming it would be a byproduct of mining but no joy so far. Biome specific?

I see the problem. I'll make sure its fixed in the next release today, but you can edit the blocks.xml and change count from 1 to 2 here ->

<drop event="Harvest" name="Halite" count="2" prob=".1" tag="oreWoodHarvest" />

I’ve noticed the game does not like count 1 when you have any probability for the drops that isn’t 100%. Not surprising since vanilla doesn’t use any percentages anymore :/

I see the problem. I'll make sure its fixed in the next release today, but you can edit the blocks.xml and change count from 1 to 2 here ->

<drop event="Harvest" name="Halite" count="2" prob=".1" tag="oreWoodHarvest" />

I’ve noticed the game does not like count 1 when you have any probability for the drops that isn’t 100%. Not surprising since vanilla doesn’t use any percentages anymore :/

Ok, that works, thanks!

Love the new stuff, although we got hit with the "reset your character to level one" glitch after updating. Oh well. Will teach me to keep more backups!

One question, or possibly request: Should we get jars back after using Briny Solution in recipes? My wife was shocked to be losing 15 jars a pop on various things, thought perhaps that was not intended.

She wanted me to add that the "sauce" to "wings" ratio seemed high. I believe she indicated that it was one entire jar of sauce to one wing? Thought it was excessive for the return buff.

Love the Salmon Ponds, looking forward to more stuff there!

I can add a recipe for using a bucket of water for the Briney Water recipe. Unfortunately there isn’t a way to return empty jars for those recipes.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll take a look at the bbq sauce recipe again but in general those types of ingredients are measured out in tablespoons. So 15 tablespoons for 15 wings isn’t a lot :)

I can add a recipe for using a bucket of water for the Briney Water recipe. Unfortunately there isn’t a way to return empty jars for those recipes.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll take a look at the bbq sauce recipe again but in general those types of ingredients are measured out in tablespoons. So 15 tablespoons for 15 wings isn’t a lot :)

Fair enough, thanks ! I wasn't too concerned with the wings, but I could see her point on losing 75 jars in the process of making one batch of cheese, all told.

Fair enough, thanks ! I wasn't too concerned with the wings, but I could see her point on losing 75 jars in the process of making one batch of cheese, all told.

I definitely understand. There isn’t a good way currently to give back things like jars or buckets during crafting. However the system does take into account the loss of these items and the values for food and water should balance out losing a few empty jars.

I guess personally I always make thousands of jars and water bottles so it’s not something that I am concerned over losing.

I’ll try to keep it in mind for other folks though :)

Odd thing I noticed about the coconut trees, no coconut water? when processing the coconuts a good amount of liquid should be included, could make it between water and snowberry juice for health numbers. From a RL standpoint, a person can survive for a good while on nothing but coconuts if need be. Omega deficiency would be the big pitfall, but combined with some form of protein you'd do Ok.

I definitely understand. There isn’t a good way currently to give back things like jars or buckets during crafting. However the system does take into account the loss of these items and the values for food and water should balance out losing a few empty jars.

I guess personally I always make thousands of jars and water bottles so it’s not something that I am concerned over losing.

I’ll try to keep it in mind for other folks though :)

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I think it is partly the whole "realism" thing. Where did the jars go? If you get jars back from this, and you get jars back frown that, why not in this case?

Odd thing I noticed about the coconut trees, no coconut water? when processing the coconuts a good amount of liquid should be included, could make it between water and snowberry juice for health numbers. From a RL standpoint, a person can survive for a good while on nothing but coconuts if need be. Omega deficiency would be the big pitfall, but combined with some form of protein you'd do Ok.

Good call. I’ll add it in!

I have been looking for sorgum but I could not locate it. Is this just random or any place special to look?

It's pretty random which seeds you find. I think cupboards, trash, and some other containers are the most likely though.

That said, did you do the beginning farmer quest? I can't recall what it is called off the top of my head, but you can check on the possible recipes for coal or paper, and you should see a VERY long list of quests.

It takes one paper and one coal to "write" the quest, you then activate it by reading. Anyway, the entry level farming questv will reward you with a box of seeds, two (or is it four?) of each type.

Be warned: You will need your full inventory available, plus a few toolbelt slots IIRC. Otherwise whatever is left will drop to the ground, and may actually fall quite a ways away.

You must destroy the crate from the quest to get the seeds....you should also be ready for half the seeds (all the varieties, but half the total quantity) to drop just before you finish destroying the crate, and the rest to drop when you finish destroying it.

The other important point is that the quest is repeatable, just craft it again, as many times as you need to.

Is it normal that livestock pens and fish pond despwan afer i while? or is it a bug?

can i turn the despawn off somehow?

And is it right that all 3 cows are not fully animatet? just for a sekond when feedig them, while all other animals stay animatet.

Our players love this mod, keep up the good work.

On our server we have a big problem with infinitely harvestable plants with 1.3.1.

Example to reproduce the bug with sugar cane:

1. plant a sugar cane seed

2. with bare hands, hit the planted "Sugar Cane Seed" or "Sugar Cane Growing 1" one time

3. wait until the plant is fully grown, now you are able to harvest the "Sugar Cane Plant" as often as you want

as a short fix set the "MaxDamage" for all growing states to 1

Hey all thanks for the feedback. I have been on vacation but should be more active soon.

I'll look into bugs very soon. I know there is an issue with block de-spawning. This is an issue with the a17.2 as far as I can tell. Hopefully a18 will bring some improvements to mod support (but don't hold your breath for TFP:)

I have looked at adding 'Rain Barrels' that you can craft which periodically give water. It will come eventually!

I honestly don't have time to test this mod with every other mod out there. I'm sure it probably works with most of them since I do not modify vanilla content. No guarantees, sorry!

Archived