Farm Life v2

stasis78

Thank you. I have a big release planned for the weekend.

Main goals are

- All custom icons (no reusing vanilla icons)

- Finish adding in custom models for all plants.

- Several new base decorations.

wow!!

i cant wait to week end:fat::fat:

What determines the yield from chickens/cattle? I seem to get more than my wife, while we are both using a level 6 Machete. She has more harvesting skill than I do though, so we assumed that she would get more meat, etc....

It’s affected by perks for harvesting under fortitude. Living off the land.

Ah, OK. We were assuming that it would be using "The Huntsman", rather than "Living off the Land", being meat and all that... Fair enough.

Ah, OK. We were assuming that it would be using "The Huntsman", rather than "Living off the Land", being meat and all that... Fair enough.

It’s actually a bug. I plan to fix it soon. Sorry for the confusion!

- - - Updated - - -

It will be huntsman once I get it fixed ;)

The new plant models are beautiful, the squash/tomatoes type trellis designs look excellent. Haven't planted any trees yet, started a new game so I could try out this and Firearms 2 and have been rebuilding my base back to what I had before. Once I get everything squared away I'll work on getting my orchards back up and running.

Holy hells, the new recipes are INSANE! I'm gonna have to limit myself to certain crops until I get over to the old farmstead on Navezgane, planting a row of everything will take up half the bloody map. :p Easy to tell you know a thing or two about cooking, all the recipes make sense and use proper ingredients. Now I just need FISH and I'll be set.

Dunno if it's been asked yet or not, but any plans to add animated models of your livestock into the world as "roaming" creatures like the deer/pig/chickens already in the game? Would be helpful in early stages for people to get at least a few "premium" ingredients for cooking before they get pens up and running. Also might prod people NOT into farming to give it a go if they get a taste for the meats "on the hoof" which are a pain to track and hunt. Building a homestead and having them right there is a heck of a lot easier.

Thank you! I do love cooking in real life, and I always spend time making sure that each recipe is based on something real. Not just throwing a bunch of stuff in a pan and frying it ;)

Fish are coming soon, like this week. Salmon Ponds to start with, I'll be adding more as time goes on. Will post a preview tonight.

I'm going to be redoing all the live stock to be more like Mayic's Farming. He has graciously turned over much of his work to me so he can move forward on other modding fronts.

I do want to add wild animals that you have to capture to populate your farm pens, but that is a bit into the future.

My friend is really having fun streaming and making videos of this mod:smile-new:

2:18 - Introduces his Tom cats. He really is amazed by how well they're made.

11:15 - His first cattle pen.

13:40 - His first elk pen.

14:01 - Talks about how the cow's looking down all the time.

14:30 - Pretends that the cow is depressed, saying, "All I'm going to do is become meat... I really don't care any moo...moo..."

14:48 - On the contrary, he says that the elk is a positive thinker, saying, "The grass here's great! Really the best grass ever! Great grass! Grass, yummy, grass!". His elk doesn't seem very intelligent, lol:biggrin-new:

My friend is really having fun streaming and making videos of this mod:smile-new:

2:18 - Introduces his Tom cats. He really is amazed by how well they're made.

11:15 - His first cattle pen.

13:40 - His first elk pen.

14:01 - Talks about how the cow's looking down all the time.

14:30 - Pretends that the cow is depressed, saying, "All I'm going to do is become meat... I really don't care any moo...moo..."

14:48 - On the contrary, he says that the elk is a positive thinker, saying, "The grass here's great! Really the best grass ever! Great grass! Grass, yummy, grass!". His elk doesn't seem very intelligent, lol:biggrin-new:

I'm so glad everyone is enjoy this! Thank you for sharing :D

- - - Updated - - -

Sushi is coming soon! Starting with Salmon (Sake).

https://farmlifemod.net/?p=500

I’ll be putting up a note on how ponds work but basically.

- craft an pond

- make fish pellets (requires salmon roe)

- use the pitchfork to start spawning fish

- after a bit they will all grow up

- harvest them with a butcher weapon

Was a bit confused at first, but I puzzled my way thru it, figured it worked the same as the other pens. The tricky bit was the pellets, thankfully I found some roe as a loot drop and could get the recipe from that. Works great, got my first harvest a bit ago. :) The sakura trees are amazing, love the vibrant color.

I love the swimming salmon, thank you!

I saw that when you craft the pellets, it stacks up to 20 in the workstation. If you drag that stack over to your inventory, it stays stacked.

The pellets can't be used to upgrade if their stacked, so I was confused at first. I separated the stacks so they are all 1 per stack, and I was able to upgrade the pond.

Really an awesome mod, and I'll move on to the new version ASAP, thanks!

Since you are talking future plans I thought I'd ask; Beehives? That all important harvest-able honey would be great!

Possibly even better if we had to harvest a Queen Bee from those stumps we occasionally get honey from, but maybe thats asking too much...

Bees are on my list for sure! I want to continue making more fish and seafood, then redo all the existing pens to make them much more animated. Then I'll be adding in some fun things like Bee hives :)

Glad you are enjoying the mod, I'm always open to feedback!

Archived