(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

On 10/28/2020 at 9:27 AM, cheko76 said:

hola, pero las carpetas que hay dentro se quedan tal como van?

This is an englsh speaking forum only. Please use a translation service like google translate

Este es un foro de habla inglesa solamente. Utilice un servicio de traducción como el traductor de Google.

Si, tu nadamás vas a arrastrar esa carpeta adentro de la carpeta MODS de 7 days

Yes, you just gotta drag that folder into the MODS one inside 7 days

Eh, I don't really do work like that. I have a general donation link on my Nexus pages for The Wasteland and the AIO packs, but I didn't post them here. I don't do commission stuff because I don't want to worry about if it is exactly what someone wants and all that stuff.

If you want to request something, I might look into it. If you want to send me a legit model, I might add it. No promises either way as I only have so much time. And I've been putting all of it into some Wasteland stuff atm.

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

I've been putting all of it into some Wasteland stuff atm.

Speaking of, i've been playing that lately and it's pretty bad ass. It adds a huge challenge level (bandits with guns v my wooden starter club) but i've learned to run. Just wanted to say thanks. Can't wait to see what you have prepared for us.

For real the Wasteland mod is one of my favorites. I actually made two extra poi's with raiders in the sleeper volumes for my server. Well, made one tower from scratch and modded lazmans army bunker so i have that version with it's zombies and the raiders filled version. Encountered that underground bunker under the shack recently, that was awesome.

Awesome, glad you're enjoying it. :)

I'm about to the point I'll show off some of my vault 101 poi I've been working on. Once I get it pushed out I should be back to adding things in a bit quicker. Gonna have some more Raiders and some ghouls hopefully. 

I was clearing a poi with the wasteland bandits as a quest. When I got there I popped open a piece of wall and saw a guy so I stealth shot him with a bow and every single enemy from the entire poi came out running in a group and killed me...brutally. That is the second time it happened. Do they not respect my stealth or is there something going on where they are alerted instantly?

Edited by CynicalGamer (see edit history)

Well, they are human so they aren't as dumb as zeds are. ;)

Most of the sleeper volumes are set to Attack for them so that they react faster. Otherwise it was too easy to one tap all of them. They have talked about having a new volume trigger called Wander which is something I suggested in the dev thread. So if it works as I hope I can use it for the raider volumes.

Laz was testing settings for the raider sleepers and I plan to try them out and see if I can get them to react better when the volume is set to Active instead. But they just weren't reacting well enough to leave them all on Active. I might revisit them and separate them into a few volumes so I can have some as Active and some as Attack. Might make it a bit better.

43 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Well, they are human so they aren't as dumb as zeds are. ;)

Most of the sleeper volumes are set to Attack for them so that they react faster. Otherwise it was too easy to one tap all of them. They have talked about having a new volume trigger called Wander which is something I suggested in the dev thread. So if it works as I hope I can use it for the raider volumes.

Laz was testing settings for the raider sleepers and I plan to try them out and see if I can get them to react better when the volume is set to Active instead. But they just weren't reacting well enough to leave them all on Active. I might revisit them and separate them into a few volumes so I can have some as Active and some as Attack. Might make it a bit better.

Thanks for the explanation. It's always interesting to me to see a bit of the background on some of these decisions. As someone who wants to mod but is lazy I kinda forget you guys are dealing with engine/game limitations.

Yeah with all of them coming out at once and with how tough they are I just don't see beating them without using trickery. Which is fine but it all happens so fast and they are so alert there is no way to get setup before the gang bang is ON! Still, like I said earlier it's been a hell of a lot of fun and made the game harder which is always good.

Hello! Mod looks interesting but my dumb ass is obviously doing something wrong. 
>downloaded mod from nexus
>copied files into "Mods"
>created new world
>nothing works

>reinstalled into files of said names in each directory 
>nothing

Help please. I usually use the mod launcher but this is beyond me. I am using latest stable 19.2  and have used a fresh copy for install. 

54 minutes ago, Evilracc0on said:

Hello! Mod looks interesting but my dumb ass is obviously doing something wrong. 
>downloaded mod from nexus
>copied files into "Mods"
>created new world
>nothing works

>reinstalled into files of said names in each directory 
>nothing

Help please. I usually use the mod launcher but this is beyond me. I am using latest stable 19.2  and have used a fresh copy for install. 

If you downloaded the archive (Bdub's Vehicles-*just a numbers*) then you just need to copy folder (Bdubs Vehicles) from that archive to Mods

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

Alright, pushed the update for The Wasteland:

-----FIXED/CHANGED-----

-Fixed NPC AK name conflict
-Better Raider idle animations
-Removed the Raider corpse eating animation
-Raider sleeper tweaks
-Made weapon icons more uniform
-Made Pew Pew quest nonrepeatable
-Loot rebalance, reworked energy ammo/legendary weapon rates

-Added Laser Shotgun and ammo
-Added weapon tags to everything, should be like vanilla now
-Added Vault 101 POI
-Added several new deco blocks/containers

vFciUHU.png

cQLo34J.jpg

TV46XEo.jpg

H8bt5x7.jpg

OVR0Ufa.jpg

DWIvtMh.jpg

On 11/27/2020 at 2:38 AM, bdubyah said:

Hmm, odd. Just generated a new world, crafted the flier, went to the trader and got the map. Went to where the treasure was, dug it up and opened it no problem.

Old world or something? Maybe try a new test world to double check it.

Thanks for your reply. It is working now, I had removed lootlist 935 so there was no loot list associated with the chest 😛

Really like this mod, so many great weapons, I have added them to my next sever with friends :)

About the nuka smoke block, I like blocks with visual effects, do you know about any other blocks ingame that add smoke or other visual effects?
I wanted to use nuka smoke in in burnt forest but the smoke effect is a little too heavy for that use. Do you have any other smoke blocks with lighter smoke?

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

In the CM menu, with Dev Blocks ticked, there are 2 chimney smoke blocks. But they do have a little stone frame included. 

They are a little lighter than mine, one black and one gray smoke. But that one is the only one I made and it's kind of useless since they added their own.