(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

3 hours ago, bdubyah said:

That would be cool, but I don't know how useful I could make him. If I was using DMT he could be hired which would be cool, but I don't wanna go that way right now. Thanks for the offer though. :)

Well, I had couple of ideas how to bring mysterious stranger to 7 Days to Die without DMT, they may or may not work, but we could use someone like Telric to help us with it, he can do some xml magic that would be useful here. :p

On 9/6/2020 at 2:50 AM, bdubyah said:

Bleh. Yeah, I forgot that one was 7.62. Gave it the wrong perk. Probably be at least a few days before I update the mod again, so if you wanna fix it in the mean time, just go into the mod folder, into Configs, and open items.xml. Near the bottom is an item called "gunPipeRifle_Legendary". Under its list of tags, change "perkGunslinger" to "perkDeadEye" and it should fix it.

Thanks! works great now :) Love your mods, keep it up!

You asked for more criticism so, here ya go... so far we are enjoying the mod. the new weapons all seam decent, tho we were still in a early game stage. we found some 10mm pistols in loot but otherwise the trader was our go too for melee weapons and such. could be the gamestage bull@%$# is diddleing with even weak melee weapons like the tire iron and so on from turning up. it sucks. XD given more time im sure more awsome weapons would show... but currently seeking a new mod that adds zombies to the game to spicen up the horde nights and general gameplay. Robortos zombies is a no go for now. 

we havnt even found a legendary. that said, when i tried creative, i take it legendaries cannot be modded? only tried with a couple but, couldent put things like a scope on the lever action legendary. 

EDIT: i just tested in creative mode, im gona assume some weapons are not tied to perks to increase there damage? say the laser and plasma weapons. i tried investing into both assault rifles and snipers, but it didnt seam to increase the damage. you got them set to a value? for the nuke launcher i fully understand XD but for other weapons? seams a bit odd. 

also, the 10mm seamed to obey the random stat spread that rng can give, i just assumed your other weapons do as well. do they or, with certain weapon types did you prevent that? 

Edited by Colin248 (see edit history)

Hi, 

I tried using the UH-60 mod and for starters the icons on the crafting screen is missing and when I try to place the UH-60 the game throws an error.

2020-09-08T19:23:05 6738.716 ERR Loading AssetBundle "D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods/UH-60/Resources/uh60.unity3d" failed!
ArgumentException: The Object you want to instantiate is null.
  at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate[T] (T original) [0x0003d] in <5e1dfb686eb345078a588df96401afcc>:0 
  at ItemActionSpawnVehicle.StartHolding (ItemActionData _actionData) [0x00055] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at ItemClass.StartHolding (ItemInventoryData _data, UnityEngine.Transform _modelTransform) [0x00041] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at Inventory.updateHoldingItem () [0x00169] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at Inventory+<delayedShowHideHeldItem>d__49.MoveNext () [0x000c1] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <5e1dfb686eb345078a588df96401afcc>:0 
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutineManaged2(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
Inventory:ShowHeldItem(Boolean, Single)
Inventory:setHeldItemByIndex(Int32, Boolean)
Inventory:SetHoldingItemIdx(Int32)
PlayerMoveController:Update()

(Filename: <5e1dfb686eb345078a588df96401afcc> Line: 0)

2020-09-08T19:23:05 6738.940 WRN [MODS] Mod reference for a mod that is not loaded: UH-60
2020-09-08T19:23:05 6738.940 WRN [MODS] Trying to guess path from mod name: #D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods/UH-60/Resources/uh60.unity3d?UH60heli.prefab
Unable to open archive file: D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods/UH-60/Resources/uh60.unity3d

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/VirtualFileSystem/ArchiveFileSystem/ArchiveStorageReader.cpp Line: 587)

2020-09-08T19:23:05 6738.940 ERR Loading AssetBundle "D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods/UH-60/Resources/uh60.unity3d" failed!
ArgumentException: The Object you want to instantiate is null.
  at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate[T] (T original) [0x0003d] in <5e1dfb686eb345078a588df96401afcc>:0 
  at ItemActionSpawnVehicle.StartHolding (ItemActionData _actionData) [0x00055] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at ItemClass.StartHolding (ItemInventoryData _data, UnityEngine.Transform _modelTransform) [0x00041] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at Inventory.updateHoldingItem () [0x00060] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at Inventory+<delayedShowHideHeldItem>d__49.MoveNext () [0x000c1] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <5e1dfb686eb345078a588df96401afcc>:0 

(Filename: <5e1dfb686eb345078a588df96401afcc> Line: 0)

Any idea on what went wrong?  

2 hours ago, Sagat said:

Hi, 

I tried using the UH-60 mod and for starters the icons on the crafting screen is missing and when I try to place the UH-60 the game throws an error.

Any idea on what went wrong?  

SP? Server? Needs to be installed on both if on a server. Otherwise redownload and reinstall. 

@Colin248Energy weapons are tied to Advanced Engineering. RNG stats should be on mostly everything. I'll have to check the lever action. I believe it was set to have an 8x only. 

16 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

SP? Server? Needs to be installed on both if on a server. Otherwise redownload and reinstall. 

@Colin248Energy weapons are tied to Advanced Engineering. RNG stats should be on mostly everything. I'll have to check the lever action. I believe it was set to have an 8x only. 

Thank you, the problem was that only the server had it 😃 

Updating The Wasteland. To get the POIs, a new world will be needed.

-Added the Raider NPCs. Melee and ranged variants of each. Also a boss variant. High health, high damage resistance. Regular guys drop loot like zombies, at a slightly higher rate. Boss guys have their own loot drop, at a 50% rate. They aren't perfect, but do well enough to present a challenge. They are mostly used in the new POIs, but they do have a small chance to spawn out in the wild.

-Modified ~10 POIs to have Raiders instead of zeds. They are just slightly tweaked vanilla prefabs to make them not stand out. ;)

They have similar loot to the vanilla POIs, with a few changes. They are full of Raiders though, so be prepared. They are all quest options, with one a Tier 2, and most of them being Tier 4, with a couple being Tier 5.

They mostly spawn well in RWG, and I've included the info I think is necessary to make them work with NitroGen. Let me know if it isn't right.

-A few bug fixes and changes. Fixed 10mm ammo crafting not unlocking with Pistol Pete books. Some items not showing the correct Unlock options. Need 50 instead of 100 Star Caps to make the flier(may have pushed this last update, not sure). Few other misc tweaks and fixed that I can't remember. Lol.

Git has been updated and Nexus is uploading atm, should be good within the hour. :)

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

It's real finicky to mess with it. But take a look at the Action0 property on the ammoFlareGun. Flytime and Gravity will change it the most. But it's tricky to get a good balance. Could try slightly lowering the ProjectileVelocity as well. That'll make it go up slower, so Gravity will need to be tweaked slightly to compensate. Then change LifeTime if it's disappearing before it hits the ground.

5 hours ago, bdubyah said:

It's real finicky to mess with it. But take a look at the Action0 property on the ammoFlareGun. Flytime and Gravity will change it the most. But it's tricky to get a good balance. Could try slightly lowering the ProjectileVelocity as well. That'll make it go up slower, so Gravity will need to be tweaked slightly to compensate. Then change LifeTime if it's disappearing before it hits the ground.

Thanks for your reply. Exactly my first impression looking at the settings, I was thinking I hope author can give me a quick fix or this going to be messy 😛
I guess it will be messy now :D, anyway thanks for really great mod.

1 hour ago, Colin248 said:

oh @%$# you got bandits now?! :D in custom modified vanila POI's?well now this may be worth checking out! you say it can also be modified into nitrogen? man it must be christmass! 

will have to give this a try later however. im still super curious how it plays tho. 

I included a txt file with what I believe to be the correct lines needed for Nitro. Hopefully someone can verify if they work or not.

My plan was to use them in the bigger vanilla POIs to make more T5 ones. So when questing and stuff you would have more variety. I've added 2 or 3 T5 versions so far. Might have to grab some player made ones to include as well. Just have to see. I still need to make a Raider version of the Nuka Factory, and I'm getting blocks and stuff together to build a Vault or 2.

They aren't perfect. But I made them fairly tough. And the Raider Leaders have high HP. Nothing stupid crazy, but you won't wanna run into them unprepared.

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

I included a txt file with what I believe to be the correct lines needed for Nitro. Hopefully someone can verify if they work or not.

My plan was to use them in the bigger vanilla POIs to make more T5 ones. So when questing and stuff you would have more variety. I've added 2 or 3 T5 versions so far. Might have to grab some player made ones to include as well. Just have to see. I still need to make a Raider version of the Nuka Factory, and I'm getting blocks and stuff together to build a Vault or 2.

They aren't perfect. But I made them fairly tough. And the Raider Leaders have high HP. Nothing stupid crazy, but you won't wanna run into them unprepared.

hrm... why not make different versions like what fun pimps do with the zombies? with the zeds you got normal, feral and radiated. why not have similar for your bandits? would help ballance them to the game stage! (not sure how you would tweek there appearance to see the differences) 

Well, there are regular ones, and leaders. Both have 2 ranged and a melee version. So there's a decent variety. And I'm not worried about gamestage. These guys should be something to avoid early on, and then only deal with if you have to, before finally becoming not as much of a threat end game. I might eventually add some even higher end ones for late game, but that's not a priority right now.

6 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Well, there are regular ones, and leaders. Both have 2 ranged and a melee version. So there's a decent variety. And I'm not worried about gamestage. These guys should be something to avoid early on, and then only deal with if you have to, before finally becoming not as much of a threat end game. I might eventually add some even higher end ones for late game, but that's not a priority right now.

thats fair freind. will need to restart a map and see if the nitrogen profile works, but im eager to give it a go! we been waiting for bandits for yonks now. 

9 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Just like in Fallout! Raiders shouldn't be easy targets in the beginning!

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

That's the way I looked at it. I might even make them a bit tougher. Once TFP updates their AI and stuff I might tone them down, but for now since they aren't super smart of anything they need to be tough. I don't want them necessarily one-shotting the player or anything, but they need to able to kill the players if given the chance.

Shoot, couple of questions for ya bud. currently they spawn in the wild right? im gona need to nab a mod that ups the spawn rate in the wilderness then, theres pleanty so thats no issue, was just making sure they can do. are they like... single spawns or spawn as a small group? 

and the other question is, how hard would it be, to make the trader have quests for these bandit POI's that convert the normal ones INTO bandit ones? (and vise versa. say you get a fetch at a tier 4 poi that can be bandit occupied, and it simply coverts it, depending on the trader mission.) been playing with freinds and dont want to restart yet and this kinda thing would be cool, having the trader put us up against tougher foes.  

Not sure that would be possible since they are different POIs technically. With code, maybe, but I'm not messing with that. 

They should spawn rarely anywhere zeds would spawn in the wild. They will be single spawns. I might add some wandering Raider hordes at some point. Then they'll be a nice, brutal group. Lol. 

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)