Loot Container and Ore Textures....

PoppaTot

....how are you guys getting them to not be blurry and distorted? Everytime I mine and look at loot boxes that have a logo on them (like Working Stiffs, Poppin Pills, ect) they are just blur. I have my video settings the highest they can be. Reflections off, SSAO off, Depth Off, and Motion Blur off. I have a GTX 1070 and a Ryzen 2600x with an MSI X470 if the information is needed.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

It's the texture quality that effects that, if you have it set to 'full' the loot boxes shouldn't be blurry. The ore / rocks are still kinda blurry even on max settings though, don't think they can be improved much because of their voxel based nature.

It's the texture quality that effects that, if you have it set to 'full' the loot boxes shouldn't be blurry. The ore / rocks are still kinda blurry even on max settings though, don't think they can be improved much because of their voxel based nature.

Set to "full" all boxes are blurry, ore's are hit and miss.

EDIT: To clarify, just the labels are blurry.

huh, I stream it and make YT vids on it. I've never seen the loot box labels on my games be clear.

Oh i did not know it was a permanent problem for u. In the stream i was talking about, the loot suddenly for no reason got blurry and went back to normal after game restart. I know this wont help u much but i figure i tipe it anyway :(

Oh i did not know it was a permanent problem for u. In the stream i was talking about, the loot suddenly for no reason got blurry and went back to normal after game restart. I know this wont help u much but i figure i tipe it anyway :(

No worries man, I appreciate you trying to help :encouragement:

I seem to recall in one of the experimental builds that the grass distance was affecting DOF as well. Could that still be happening? I have everything maxed so I haven't noticed any issue, and can't go check atm.

I'm at work now so I can't check either, but when I get home I'll check out the grass distance. I do have DOF "off". I will try messing with grass distance and then turn on DOF and fiddle with it if the previous doesn't resolve.

Thanks for the response, hopefully it leads to a good outcome!

I'm at work now so I can't check either, but when I get home I'll check out the grass distance. I do have DOF "off". I will try messing with grass distance and then turn on DOF and fiddle with it if the previous doesn't resolve.

Thanks for the response, hopefully it leads to a good outcome!

I would try to change texture quality too, even if it is maxed now. Change it to a lower state, test, then set it to max again. If there is a bug with uninitialized values somewhere, then just the act of changing the option may lead to it getting fixed. Akin to the age-old advice to kick your TV if the picture is unstable :cocksure:

I would try to change texture quality too, even if it is maxed now. Change it to a lower state, test, then set it to max again. If there is a bug with uninitialized values somewhere, then just the act of changing the option may lead to it getting fixed. Akin to the age-old advice to kick your TV if the picture is unstable :cocksure:

Will do, and I prefer the "hit your alternator with a hammer if your car won't start" lmao

I seem to recall in one of the experimental builds that the grass distance was affecting DOF as well. Could that still be happening? I have everything maxed so I haven't noticed any issue, and can't go check atm.

Ok, so I fiddle with these settings as much as possible. All of my graphics look great!.... Except those darned loot crate labels lol. I guess it's just something I'll have to deal with.

....how are you guys getting them to not be blurry and distorted? Everytime I mine and look at loot boxes that have a logo on them (like Working Stiffs, Poppin Pills, ect) they are just blur. I have my video settings the highest they can be. Reflections off, SSAO off, Depth Off, and Motion Blur off. I have a GTX 1070 and a Ryzen 2600x with an MSI X470 if the information is needed.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

LOD + Tree settings generally.

Cant fix the ore textures without replacing them.(cause 1K tetures are just blurry, period!)

I hear there is a mod for that ;)

Archived