Guppycur's Vehicle Madness Overhaul

Guppycur

Hi.

Is that normal that you cant pickup the working Vehicles you found Sometimes without making them dissapear in Inventory?

Are the ones that was craftet pickupable?

We also had problems driving them away form where we found them. For example yesterday we found one Guppy van in the Snow City but couldnt drive it away from the Town, like there was an invisible wall it also glitch into the ground a bit.

I believe the issue with the ones that disappear when you pick them up is due to there not being an item listing for them so there is nothing to put into your backpack. That's been my experience with them anyway.

As soon as I stop being lazy the take button is being removed entirely.

Please don't remove it. I know you want it to be as close to reality as possible, but the game itself is buggy and pick up option is really helpful in some of those sh*tty situations.

Can I report a bug/issue that I'm having with the mod here? Or do you have a separate forum for that? My apologies if there already is an open thread for it, but I haven't seen one so far.

Post details in this thread and Guppy will most likely respond

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, how did you install the mod?

Launcher or manual? Either way I'd try it again, I hadn't heard of any issue with the fastback but I'll try to duplicate.

One inherent problem with the vehicle spawners are because it's an entity, it only pops up when you are close... So if you are even running down a road, turn around sometimes... The vehicle might have popped in as you were passing the spawn point.

Lemme know if a reinstall helps the fastback.

Will check it out tomorrow if able, I installed using the launcher. I can try having one of my players use the fastback to see if it causes an issue for them, as well, or will that not matter since I'm the host? The armored one works fine.

Okay, I'm swamped with work at the moment but the next chance I get I'll revisit the mod/game and see if I can reproduce. I know I drove that damn thing around, but Git hates me and I hate Git, so there's a chance some update I made to my repository went backwards.

Hey no worries I understand about that. Additionally I've found a few of the worldspace cars now like I mentioned, but their speed doesn't seem to correspond to the audio at all... and they drive considerably more bricklike than the ones in the sample videos, do I need to have like some of SphereII's SDX mods running or something? Or did I do something wrong with my settings?

Okay. Here's what we're going to do... I re-exported JUST the fastback.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p_BaKOpky1SM__CAGyFMmF_SD7BYrGpy

...stick that file in the /resources folder under the mod.

Go into the mod's entityclasses.xml and change line 8 from:

<property name="Prefab" value="#@modfolder:Resources/GuppyMobilesCraftable.unity3d?vehicleGuppyFastback"/>

to

<property name="Prefab" value="#@modfolder:Resources/fastbackFix.unity3d?vehicleGuppyFastback"/>

...lemme know if that works for you.

So I thought I changed it where the backup was... so either I went to the wrong spot for that... or it's still borked. :/

ETA: Possibly wrong backup location was previously found. Taking a 3rd crack at it.

Edited to Adder?: Yep no that wasn't the place either, or it's not working. Where does mod launcher store the backups, assuming I didn't adjust that setting during install/setup?

A fix for the Fastback placing errors in console when in the hotbar

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p_BaKOpky1SM__CAGyFMmF_SD7BYrGpy

Place the downloaded file in the /resources folder under the mod.

hH6chUd.jpg

Go into the mod's Config folder and look for entityclasses.xml and then change line 8 from:

<property name="Prefab" value="#@modfolder:Resources/GuppyMobilesCraftable.unity3d?vehicleGuppyFastback"/>

to

[b]<property name="Prefab" value="#@modfolder:Resources/fastbackFix.unity3d?vehicleGuppyFastback"/>[/b]

Also go into items.xml under <item name="vehicleGuppyFastbackPlaceable">

And replace the Mesh file property with this line

[b]<property name="Meshfile" value="#@modfolder:Resources/fastbackFix.unity3d?vehicleGuppyFastback"/>[/b]

Until guppy can upload the fix this will work ... for modlet and SDX versions

QeRMcYhl.jpg

I have checked all vehicles obtainable via creative menu and they all place fine , if anyone else gets issues with placing other vehicles can you please let Guppy know by posting in this thread .

Edit: Guppy is on Holiday at present (looks at date) , so if I can help I will try my best.

Have Fun

Ragsy !!

Archived