Guppycur's Vehicle Madness Overhaul

Guppycur

You found the humvee sweet spot? We couldn't. =) Very disappointing to us...

Yeh when I went to look and see why, the "enter" collider had shrunk to the size of Gam's ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ in the frozen north; no clue why, I know I test drove the crap out of it during testing, but it's "fixed" now, just not on the git.

re: Engines. I'm going to branch car engines from small engines at some point, but yes they do exist, albeit rarely.

tmp-VChest.png

I figure with the amount of cement mixers in the world anyway, fuggem. But there SHOULD be a recipe, I'll look and make sure that didn't get lost in translation. Something about the damaged engine, mechanical and electrical parts...

Anyway, wheels. Like cotton, and everything else you see, there ARE going to be a lot of them in the world. Harvesting is a tricky beast to balance, because perks and that other tfp bullcrap affect how much you harvest; I'm not very good with xml so will see if there is a way to set a hard limit, but it should be 50% chance to get damaged wheels, 50% changes to get working wheels. As you can see from our own collection, something is wrong there. =)

My server has the most updated versions of the files, but the link to the fixed humvee (and adding lights to a few others) is:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IP02HVCrNDxmAYndPt3ZgtiVi_LOBWdx

Just drop it in /mods/guppysvehiclemadness/resources and overwrite.

Once I make a few more fixes I'll push to the main .git, but for right now I've just been playing. =)

- - - Updated - - -

...our issue now is not having found a single compressor... and I need two. =)

Hey Guppy,

Thanks for the link. :smile-new:

I don't think I have found one damaged wheel yet...

Yeah, the cement mixer is first and foremost for us right now. We've not found a working one out in the wilds, but we'd rather have our own anyways. I may hack in a recipe with a small engine until you have time to make adjustments. No biggy man.

The other more complicated car parts, seem to have a decent drop rate, not too much or too little. Batteries are very rare, but do turn up and car seats are not bad. We have lucky looter and scavaging maxed out. And while I do believe that they can be over powered, especially with vanilla vehicle loot. I feel that the game has a great loot imbalance with regards to risk verses reward.

Guppy I think the spawn rate of your vehicles seems to be way less than the first time I played. Not the wrecks, but the actual nice models. I hope it's your adjustments and not just the random number game. Feels good at the moment.

All the best

I'm fixing to (after a test and video) push a new version which will account for the engine change (carEngine vs the vanilla smallEngine).

I have mixed results in spawns on my different games with zero change on my end, so I think that's just renJesus doing his thing.

I'll post when the fix is out.

Git updated; grab the latest version. Should be compatible with old saves.

Separated car engines from small engines. Updated the Humvee hitbox. Made more recipes. Added a few icons. Did a bunch of other crap.

...todo is still the siphon system, more balance, and lastly, the physics pass.

when I load up the game and start a new game it loads fine until it says loading game data and then it starts saying that it couldn't open the mod and then freezes I have tried disabling all my other mods and tried both versions of it but it wont work

I'll throw my 2 cents in for sure. Just finished your example vid and that's amazing man. Modders really take 7d2d to a superior game.

Kudos to you!

Per another's post earlier on engine finding for a cement mixer, yes you can find them i agree, but would it be possible to make a small engine to replace it? as well -augers and chainsaws do not use a vehicles engine.

the errors I was getting go something around the lines of attempt to open gupycurs vehicle madness overhaul modlet failed it then freezes and gives me an error about a million times saying null reference exeption:object reference not set to an instance of an object

Archived