Where are all these "Now that zombies dig i build a nice bunker base" threads ?

Royal Deluxe

I guess i need to make a more offensive and less sarcastic thread like

"Thanks for the proof that all these whining about a missing underground challenge was finally only the wish to dictate others how they have to play"

Not funny to stand there on bedrock and wait where the ceiling will break

09878A19C35833110847105024C203FA3566343E

And specially i guess not funny if such a "Fill in offensive words here" will break the SI and end your Death is Death game

E6DCB5FE759CD23CD6DFD5370D98920DB8FEB921

I have some ideas on how to make an underground base but it'd be rather tedious to set up which is why I haven't bothered.

Basically you need the outer hull of your bunker to be at least triple walled, and have a clear entrance from the surface to funnel them that way. Having to triple wall a base all the way to bed rock though, requires an absurd amount of work and materials, even using cheats, so I just haven't bothered to test.

The point is that digging zombies deny a part of the community to build as they like. And a huge argument was that a other (huge) part of the community would start building bunkers if there wold be a threat.

I guess now 2 month after the Experimental started its safe to say that this is not the case

And the other argument that people should not be able to skip the horde is proofen wrong too.

We allready have passive bases and ways to skip the hordenight

Gotcha.

I don't disagree with anything you have said though. Like I said, ever since the changes, I have not been motivated to build a bunker because of needing so much work. Maybe I will one day. If I ever do, I'll probably save the prefab so I never have to do all the work more than once lol

And yeah, passive bases are pretty easy to do now that I understand the new AI. Funnel them into a death corridor full of turrets, spikes, dart traps and just sit back and enjoy the show with your favorite snack of choice.

Highly pertinent to general discussion and should not have been moved! :)

So come on all those that howled that they wanted to play underground but couldn't because of the lack of threat, you got your digging zeds, now where are your gameplay vids of you joyously dealing with them?

The point is that digging zombies deny a part of the community to build as they like. And a huge argument was that a other (huge) part of the community would start building bunkers if there wold be a threat.

It was said the underground would be interesting again, not necessarily that everyone would build bunkers. And in the first days of A17.0 it really was an interesting place (for me) as I made lots of precautions before digging in the night and also was very cautious when digging.

But night is out of balance a bit now, in early game I have many nights without a single zombie (in SP) and in my co-op game we dig at bedrock without any zombie ever coming to visit.

I still think we need buried zombies who might wake up when we get near them. And/or caves.

Who said?

You said?

What about all those posts that were simply ' I want to build an underground base, but I won't because it's boring '

That is what we are talking about!

Enough with the words.....video or it's never happened.

I said that and if I remember correctly at least Roland said that as well.

If you want names, I want names too: Who said "I want to build an underground base"? Lets ask them directly if they are still on the forum.

I am really curious.

We haven’t quite reached the point yet where people are posting all their base ideas. Some are doing it but we still have quite a few screaming that anything other than one type is impossible. They are slowly being proven wrong.

I was one who said I don’t go underground because it’s boring so I guess I oughta get going and give it a try now. :)

I said that and if I remember correctly at least Roland said that as well.

If you want names, I want names too: Who said "I want to build an underground base"? Lets ask them directly if they are still on the forum.

OK, I have begun the collation of quotes.

What's really funny is the first one that I found, you were a participant in the discussion. :)

This will take some time...18 months of posts to trawl through.

We haven’t quite reached the point yet where people are posting all their base ideas. Some are doing it but we still have quite a few screaming that anything other than one type is impossible. They are slowly being proven wrong.

I was one who said I don’t go underground because it’s boring so I guess I oughta get going and give it a try now. :)

With "go underground" you meant building a base underground? Ok, have to correct my (very small) list above.

OK, I have begun the collation of quotes.

What's really funny is the first one that I found, you were a participant in the discussion. :)

This will take some time...18 months of posts to trawl through.

Oh sure, I have been in a lot of "underground" discussions. I even posted theories then on how an underground base could maybe work.

I thought a lot of people were posting their working bases, and showing us how it can be done. Idk I try not to look at others designs. But you have absolutely been saying that. Has there been even 1 underground idea? I mean, adding digging zombies honestly didnt make underground more interesting. A random normie zombie here and there means nothing really, except something to mess up the terrain.

And nobody is gonna build a horde base down there just to have zombies destroy the earth and make giant pitfalls all over the place. And building anything that would work against the AI would not be cost efficient compared to above ground anyway. Which limits it to forge rooms and mines unless we are masochists.

Maybe this will spur you (or others) on to build something really cool down there, looking forward to it. :p

I'm just waiting for 17.2 patiently. Ugh, I'm lying.. patiently died in a cave in.

And you don't remember any of the posts as described?

Posts specifically saying they want to build a base underground? No, don't remember, though I would bet there should probably have been a few.

Well the list is coming and it is frickin huge.

Still, it will take some time for a full collation....it is a lot of work.

Well, how about posting just 5? With quotes.

No mate, I am proving a point.....

After having it impressed on me from a number of quarters that to continue this is both unnecessary and unhelpful, I have decided to desist.

I would still love to see game reports of underground main bases successfully defending against BM.

I have built a safe underground base, but it was under a broad 120m+ mountain, old school no detection at all type 'exploit' scenario, and may not be viable in future alpha's.

I started my underground base. Back in Alpha 9 I would find a corner of a POI and try and make a hidden spot for my entrance. So I did the same. I did not dig down to bedrock as I did not have the patience. But I am about 20 blocks down and have started excavating a chamber. My plan is to tunnel away from my living chamber and create a larger and deeper chamber with an iron bar cage mounted midway up the wall. That is where I will go for bloodmoon. I plan to dig a tiered stairstepping shaft that opens in the ceiling in the middle of the room hopefully to channel zombies there. I'm sure they will dig their own shafts as well.

I have been interrupted twice now by wandering hordes and had to fill in holes dug by zombies. Since I had so much stone and clay I made flagstone blocks to fill in the holes and created short little monuments above ground to also help mark where the digging took place.

@ Roland I am curious how that goes. I've been interested in the idea of building an underground base to defend from bloodmoons (it sounds fun), but I am worried about the swiss-cheese effect building up. I assume unless patched the ground would eventually turn into a huge chunk of random tunnels and/or an open crator. I am curious how it will work.

Archived