Ragsy' s A20 Modlets

Ragsy 2145

Updated OP to list version compatibilty for A17.4 and A18 Experimental.

Some modlets may require a new version for A18 but I have listed their current compatibilty as of Today Oct 12th 2019 , as things may change between the A18 builds I will update the when tested with newer A18 builds.

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

I'm not sure if its bad luck or if its broken in the recent update, but in about 20 dumpsters we never found a bike.

(A cool variation might be to include all bike parts including wheels instead of a bike so it has to be assembled at a workbench. That gives the player more to hunt for.)

Ok no problem will take a look and see if it's now broken with latest experimental, it was Ok for me on first A18 release although i did not find as many as before, may need a tweak on probabilities when i check it out later.

I was looking to release a new version for A18 that spawns random bikes in the world and make them poor quailty , but I will look at your idea as well.

Ragsy !!

How odd ......

Theres only one line of xpath code in that modlet and it points to a property called 'bright' and gives it a new value , I just checked my two github and Gitlab links and they have no additional code ?.... the only way you can get 1st person is if you installed my first person modlet as well ? or in DM mode ?

regards

Ragsy !!

Thanks for the information LionsDen :)

Update

** There are now 2 modlet versions for HDHQ Plants **

1. Pickup_HDHQPlants gives option to pick up only the HDHQ Plants

2. Pickup_HDHQPlants_Plus allows player to pick up all plants with A16 press<E>

lK41PFEl.jpg"]lK41PFEl.jpg[/url]

This change is for Modlauncher compatibilty only.

Pick up the beautiful HDHQ Plants used in DUST2DEATH's amazing texture, lighting and environment overhaul which can be found here : HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

** Note **

You must have the HDHQ Plants modlet installed for this modlet to work correctly! ** There are now 2 versions for HDHQ Plants **

1. Pickup_HDHQPlants gives option to pick up only the HDHQ Plants --> Download

2. Pickup_HDHQPlants_Plus allows player to pick up all plants with A16 press<E> --> Download

The HDHQ Plants Modlets are available in the link above or get them on the 7 Days Mod Launcher by Sphereii

A big thanks to DUST2DEATH for allowing me to post this modlet.

Ragsy

A18 ready? Not sure the HD plants are working yet? Modlett for just the pressing E for pick up?

HDHQ Plants do actually work in A18 ..... there is the odd random 'old plant model' here and there as Pimps changed the plants to be called by blockplaceholders but in general its nice to see them in game working in A18 , the HD Particles Modlet still works in A18 as well ... Dust will probably update them at some point in a Stable release.

One of the first things i installed was these two modlets ... HDHQ Plants and HDHQ Particles as i am a great fan of them :) and Dusts work in general.

CvTHlTbh.jpg

bQH3cmYh.jpg

Ragsy !!

Hi wolverine576.

They are working fine for me and others ...... do you get any warning texts when loading a game ? if so can you upload a copy of your output log txt file to pastebin and link it here or make a snippet of the errors you are getting if any.

pastebin.com

Output can be found here normally or wherever you copy of 7 days is installed ...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data

dHzBnndl.png

The only other thing is when you unzip files downloaded from gitlab you get the folder name of download and then have to go a level deeper to get the actual working directory to copy over. They should show like this in mods folder if they are correctly installed.

QNcYn3Sl.png

Ragsy!

Hmm strange ... can not see any other modlet that would confict on first glance, I am at a loss without the logfile.

Not sure going by what Guppy has said above as to where it has gone too either ... the other thing you could do is at the menu press F1 to bring up the console window , launch game and look for any yellow or red text appearing as game launches.

For your other question about images from imgur

If you use imgur and want the correct format to put in forums , just click on the image you want on the imgur site and it opens to this window.

Hr0evHcl.png

Select the size you want then click 'copy link' in the one highlighted ....then in forum post the copied link in the post , do a preview in advanced and then if too big use the other settings to bring size down. In the example picture example shows hugh thumbnail view but for this post I just clicked on large thumbnail.

Have you considered xpathing the vanilla plant out of the placeholder xml?

Yes as a simple 'patch fix' in my modlet until Dust updates ... then the 'patch fix' modlet will throw an error later down the line.

Ragsy !!

Im using the EXE

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie.exe"

Confirmed : I tried it your way and the log is 'nowhere' to be found when run directly from the exe.

I just got info from Sphereii that for users running directly from the EXE the output is now called player.log

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\LocalLow\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die

Or

Try using 7dLauncher.exe to launch the game ... it should then show the error logs in the

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data folder.

Just make sure the launch screen has 'eac disabled' (unchecked) and you can set the game to always show that launch window on start if thats a preference you want.

The first time you run the launcher click 'Run and Save as Default '.

3Htx1kTm.png

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
New Info (see edit history)

Ragsy... A bit confused.

If I want the HD plants/textures/lighting/environment and be able to "E" plants for Alpha 18. What do I download and does it just have to go in the mods folder?

There's just so many options to click idk which is the latest for all those options listed above.

Confirmed : I tried it your way and the log is 'nowhere' to be found when run directly from the exe.

I just got info from Sphereii that for users running directly from the EXE the output is now called player.log

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\LocalLow\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die

Or

Try using 7dLauncher.exe to launch the game ... it should then show the error logs in the

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data folder.

Just make sure the launch screen has 'eac disabled' (unchecked) and you can set the game to always show that launch window on start if thats a preference you want.

The first time you run the launcher click 'Run and Save as Default '.

3Htx1kTm.png

Ragsy !!

THANKS!

Heres the Log, still no HD plants or pressing E working. Does work if its just those 2 files tho, but not current mods

Pasties

- - - Updated - - -

Sure no problem :)

HDHQPlants-Wind

Pickup_HDHQPlants_Plus

Enjoy

Ragsy !!

Ragsy... A bit confused.

If I want the HD plants/textures/lighting/environment and be able to "E" plants for Alpha 18. What do I download and does it just have to go in the mods folder?

There's just so many options to click idk which is the latest for all those options listed above.

Install those 2 downloads