Infection moved to stage 2 super quick

Anabella

For the first time ever this game makes me want to cheat and have my character eat glass and just get it over with. The infection system IMO is broken right now when you get infected (rooftop vulture) and before you are off the roof top and back to your base that is just a few meters away you are already at stage 2 infection and needing antibiotics. It is too fast and too harsh . I don't even want to play it when it is like that which is why it seems like it would be better to eat the glass and get it over with. :( However I don't like to cheat and I guess that is what is upsetting me so much. If was the one to CM a pill or eat the glass I might not be as bothered with it. Listening to my character moan and groan on the way back to the base was unpleasant enough....truly dread trying to go look for antibiotics. Plus you don't even know for sure they are going to work. In no way is any of this FUN IMO.

I've never seen antibiotics or honey ~not~ work (over perhaps 35 usages in the A17s) The curing effect is delayed...and the duration of that delay might be variable. The herbal pills are suspect, and I do believe in an earlier A17 incarnation were confirmed as ineffective.

I can't say I've seen the infection jump to stage 2 (quickly) either though.

-Morloc

Infection is no longer fatal, it ends after stage 3 iirc, it will however leave you with 30 max health that you have to spam bandages to heal up after, not to mention the lost time when it doubles or triples stam costs of things during its entire effect. Its not fatal anymore (least in b240 a17), but now its more annoying than ever before due to the effects while your sick with it, so you'll wanna cure that crap quick if you can. The fact its not fatal is why they made it worse during its duration because honestly in a16 I used to leave the infection to stage 3 on purpose due to how minor the effect was, then i'd cure it.

I had a stage three infection once. The infection didn't kill me directly but it reduced my HP so much that a single attack from a vulture was enough to kill me. At the same time my stamina did not regenerate anymore which made me practically incapable of acting.

Infection is a 12 minute annoyance. I suppose if you have things to do like crafting and such then you can just do those tasks until it expires. When I get the first stage of infection, that's my cue to stop what I'm doing and quickly get back home or to my transport before it gets to stage 2, drop off my loot and wait it out. Sometimes I'll even just AFK and make myself a coffee :D

I had a stage three infection once. The infection didn't kill me directly but it reduced my HP so much that a single attack from a vulture was enough to kill me. At the same time my stamina did not regenerate anymore which made me practically incapable of acting.

Yeah thats the new risk, if your somewhere safe you'll survive it, but if not... well respawn time for you.

Archived