Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Are the server files updated for 13.7? Installing them on a server that is working fine until the fixes are installed and then we get the message that te server is running 13.6. Removing the fixes fixes the issue.

Sounds like you are replacing the Assembly-CSharp.dll with some older version. There's no reason to touch that file though.

Sounds like you are replacing the Assembly-CSharp.dll with some older version. There's no reason to touch that file though.

I have not replaced any part of the server fixes. I simply updated the game to 13.7 and re-installed the fixes. And I get the error. To fix the error I have to re-install the update to overwrite any of the files changed by the server fixes and no longer get the error. Reinstalling the fixes and I get the error again. Running this on a windows server but ist worked well without this issue uptil this update

I have not replaced any part of the server fixes. I simply updated the game to 13.7 and re-installed the fixes. And I get the error. To fix the error I have to re-install the update to overwrite any of the files changed by the server fixes and no longer get the error. Reinstalling the fixes and I get the error again. Running this on a windows server but ist worked well without this issue uptil this update

How do you install them? I.e. what files do you download (URLs), do you do anything else than extracting an archive to the game folder?

Did you create a mod folder in the main directory and then place allocs fixes in the newly created folder

How do you install them? I.e. what files do you download (URLs), do you do anything else than extracting an archive to the game folder?

@rentechd: Even if it works for you now ... can you give me some feedback on this? Shouldn't happen so something must be wrong (not necessarily on your end, that's why I'm asking ;) )

@Rathlon: nope

Just wanted to say I updated my server to 13.8 last night without touching the Mods folder that was working for 13.7 and we were getting version errors trying to load the game. But shutting down the server, deleting the Mods folder, and re-extracting from the existing Rev 254 server_fixes.tar.gz (MD5 7822668234D635CA09FD2AB7E11F9E97) seems to have fixed the problem.

I mostly thought I'd get more done soon and thus waited with releasing it ;)

I'll upload it tomorrow (or later today if I find a free minute, getting visitors).

Cheers mate! Just wasn't sure what was holding up God Almighty's suggested changes.

One doesn't simply leave God Almighty waiting. :highly_amused:

Anything else "in the works" you've been tinkering with that you can share? I know TFP and Life keep you busy. It's just nice to hear about even the little things that you do get time to work on for us.

Thanks Alloc for everything you do here!

Just wanted to say I updated my server to 13.8 last night without touching the Mods folder that was working for 13.7 and we were getting version errors trying to load the game. But shutting down the server, deleting the Mods folder, and re-extracting from the existing Rev 254 server_fixes.tar.gz (MD5 7822668234D635CA09FD2AB7E11F9E97) seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the note (especially for the MD5, that way I was able to be sure you didn't get any changed archive or anything from a third-party :) ).

But essentially you are saying you updated the server, didn't work, reeextracted the mods-folder (so exactly the same files there as before extracting) and now it works? How should that be? ;)

Do you by any chance still have the logs of the server failing to start properly in between? Did it actually fail to start (or give any mod related errors) or was it just reporting the wrong game version to the clients? Silly question ... but are you sure you restarted the server after updating through steam?

Hey Alloc! If I add this line to the player icon popup code in map.js...

marker = L.marker([val.position.x, val.position.z], {icon: playerIcon}).bindPopup(
  "Player: " + val.name +
  [color="#00FF00"]"<br/>Position: " + val.position.x + " " -1 " " + val.position.z) +[/color]
  (HasPermission ("webapi.getplayerinventory") ?
  "<br/><a class='inventoryButton' data-steamid='"+val.steamid+"'>Show inventory</a>"
  : "")

...will it work? Sort of like what you did to landclaims.js, but on the player icon popup.

Hey Alloc! If I add this line to the player icon popup code in map.js...

marker = L.marker([val.position.x, val.position.z], {icon: playerIcon}).bindPopup(
  "Player: " + val.name +
  [color="#00FF00"]"<br/>Position: " + val.position.x + " " -1 " " + val.position.z) +[/color]
  "<br/><a class='inventoryButton' data-steamid='"+val.steamid+"'>Show inventory</a>"
  : "")

...will it work? Sort of like what you did to landclaims.js, but on the player icon popup.

Heh, why don't you try it? ;)

But yeah, should, besides the syntax errors in your string concatenation:

[color="#00FF00"]"<br/>Position: " + val.position.x + " -1 " + val.position.z +[/color]

Is this what you meant? .setContent seems to work just like the .bindPopup. It works, but doesn't update the coords when the marker moves. I'm going through the Leaflet docs to educate myself, so I'll play around with it some more when I get home tonight.

var marker;
if (playersMappingList.hasOwnProperty(val.steamid)) {
 marker = playersMappingList[val.steamid].currentPosMarker;
} else {
// // "Player: " + val.name +
// // "<br/>Position: " + val.position.x + " -1 " + val.position.z +
// (HasPermission ("webapi.getplayerinventory") ?
// "<br/><a class='inventoryButton' data-steamid='"+val.steamid+"'>Show inventory</a>"
// : "")
);
[color="#00FF00"]  marker.getPopup()
   .setContent("Player: " + val.name + "<br/>Position: " + val.position.x + " -1 " + val.position.z);[/color]

playersMappingList[val.steamid] = { online: !val.online };
}

Edited by schwanz9000 (see edit history)

Reading comprehension fail! :doh:

It's working now! Thanks a ton!

5RNWPDa.pngD047Mev.png

Here's the code for anyone that would like to try it...

if (playersMappingList.hasOwnProperty(val.steamid)) {
marker = playersMappingList[val.steamid].currentPosMarker;
marker.getPopup()
	.setContent("Player: " + val.name + "<br/>Position: " + val.position.x + " -1 " + val.position.z +
	"<br/><a class='inventoryButton' data-steamid='"+val.steamid+"'>Show inventory</a>": ""));
} else {
marker = L.marker([val.position.x, val.position.z], {icon: playerIcon}).bindPopup("Player: " + val.name);

playersMappingList[val.steamid] = { online: !val.online };
}

Mr Alloc.

Firstly, well done with your server fixes, they make life as a 7DTD admin far more bearable than it previously was.

Does your API have any console command functionality? Can I send a command to the API with the correct tokens, that will issue a command to the server? I host my website on a shared host that closes all ports that are not website related, so a CURL/Telent PHP script is not possible for me. If not, is it possible to run PHP code in the mono webserver that could then respond to ajax requests (cross-domain) from my webhost? I have toyed with the idea of CURL-POST to the included webcontrol panel, but the connection on that page is too flakey to be a reliable method of issuing commands. If you wanted to issue commands from a remotely hosted website with only the standard ports available, how would you do it using PHP/JS?

Thanks for your time :)

Zig.

Hi, I need help.

I am using the Alloc fixes and I really like and is very useful.

But I have a problem when I want to see the log, I empty out the window, and I am so new that no where else see the log, and who killed whom and their coordinates.

Map and players see them perfectly, 7 days dedicated server also works well.

Please, as I can see the log?

9VRPZLh.png