Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Hm, yeah, I think this had been this way before ... This is part of the game though, fix will only go in A15 probably. Also can only give the mod's name, like "CoppisAdditions" in this case.

On another note, does anyone have a highly frequented server where the known players list ("lkp" or online+offline players together) are really high? Like > 200?

On another note, does anyone have a highly frequented server where the known players list ("lkp" or online+offline players together) are really high? Like > 200?

Yes, I have this. I did a txt dump from my old server which had just shy of 1000 entries.

You're the best thank you!

are you able to add server restart? :)

If you can add *safe zone auto spawn for new players* :p hehe

1. If you are running on linux, it is easy to make a server restart script that runs via cron.

2. If you are using allocs scripts (not the fixes), you can make a hook on playerConnect that will check if it is a new player to the server (check minutes total using LKP command), sleep a few seconds (to let the player really connect) and then TP him to a pre-designate safe area.

If you need help with either of these things, I can give you some pointers.

Has anyone gotten spawnscouts to work? Every time I try it, it says the command was accepted (basically) by returning

2016-05-24T14:37:44 3010.285 INF Executing command 'spawnscouts' by Telnet from 127.0.0.1:34235

However, no scouts are ever spawned.

Also, i've found that spawnhorde does work, but it doesn't seem to always work. Sometimes a horde will spawn, sometimes, not.

Quick question about Coppi's Additions. My server had a minor issue and several players lost their profiles. I figured it would be an easy fix I just give them XP and use the givexp command to pump their skills back to their old levels. After adding the givexp command to the admin file and using it, it's saying it's giving XP but they are not receiving any improvements to their skills. Is that feature working properly or am I doing something wrong?

As of now it doesn't look like givexp works on dedicated servers.

givexp entityid x skillname

and they all report they see no change in the exp bar or skill.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- change you can believe in

It doesn't work because AddExpServer method doesn't work the same way AddScoreServer does. It only sends package to server and not to clients.

If you are building from source you can open GiveXp.cs, remove this line

GameManager.Instance.AddExpServer (ci.entityId, skill.Id, xp);

(You can also delete line since that variable isn't used)

EntityPlayer ep = GameManager.Instance.World.Players.dict [ci.entityId];

and instead add this line

ci.SendPackage(new NetPackageConsoleCmdClient("giveselfskillxp " + skillName+" "+xp, true));

Edited by DnaJur (see edit history)

Has anyone gotten spawnscouts to work?

Yeah, Coppis version wasn't used as the game had one itself. But that one was only working for local players (e.g. the host on a listen server). It will be fixed in A15, will see if I can get a workaround in the mod for A14 though.

It doesn't work because AddExpServer method doesn't work the same way AddScoreServer does. It only sends package to server and not to clients.

Thanks for looking into it and the workaround :)

Will be added in the next mod release.

I fired up the new Allocs Fixes rev. 277 (8_11_14_1) to my server, and it seems there is an issue reading from the existing saves (AllocsPeristentData.bin ?). I get error messages when the server is starting, and offline players from before the update are no longer shown on the map. Claims are visible, the owner names are shown as unknown, but with their Steam ID. The names of the claim owners come back, when the respective player logs in. Everything else seems to work fine, dunno what I was doing wrong, or why this happens.

I uploaded the server log here: http://pastebin.com/mdKw23bf

How do I render the map using this?

https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Server%20fixes#Maprendering

Edit: There is also this command.

rendermap / rm: Render the map as far as it was ever visited by any player to both a big file and many small tiles that can be used for a map viewer like Leaflet. WARNING: This command can take a long time to execute (like 5 to 30 minutes) and the server won't be usable at that time for anything else!

Edited by schwanz9000 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey alloc, can you add a player search bar in the web map ?

Part of the upcoming version, but not yet at a point where it's really of much use.

The givexp command is broken.

As stated just a bunch of posts above.

Also fixed in the next version.

Is it possible to Change the path where the Icons are loaded from like in previous Versions? With that we can add our custom Icons.

They aren't loaded from files but from gamedata. Use the mod interface with custom item icons and they will work fine.