Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Actually don't ask me what exactly Windows does with this assembly blocking ;)

Could be that it only affects when run with MS.NET, could be it's random ... It seemed to help for one guy to unblock it but as long as it runs fine for you you probably don't have to care.

I've unblocked the files but there seems to be no tangible difference.

aha, ok, I see. Do you know what's wrong with the code?

It's not directly wrong but threading is always prone to generating trouble ;)

When is there going to be a patch for this?

?

Uploaded a new release yesterday, it *might* work better with protection enabled.

Nope, should still work just fine :)

My mistake. For some reason I couldn't use it through FRT's SM console or in game with a permission level of 0. I just figured out I can use the command in PuTTY. I think the server could use a restart.

Is there a command that displays players' entityIDs without also displaying sensitive information, such as coords? I want to give everyone the ability to use "pm" and "re", but some player have spaces or weird characters in their name. It would help if they could use the player's entityID instead of their name. If I give them the ability to use "lp" or "le", it would also be giving them the ability to see everyone's coords.

My mistake. For some reason I couldn't use it through FRT's SM console or in game with a permission level of 0. I just figured out I can use the command in PuTTY. I think the server could use a restart.

Hm, if you have a permission level of 0 you *should* be able to run every command.

Is there a command that displays players' entityIDs without also displaying sensitive information, such as coords?

Currently not but this sounds like a good idea. Added another ticket for that task :)

Hi Alloc, excellent job with the server fixes. I myself am a noob to all this server stuff, but managed to get my server up and running using Frontrunnertek's manager with your fixes installed in no time. The part that has me stumped is setting the authorization up for the web server, could please explain exactly how to do this? many thanks in advance for any help you can give me and keep up the good work! :)

You just have to create an empty file in the folder "webserver" with the name being "protect". No extension or anything, just plain "protect" ;)

That's all, it will then ask for username ("admin") and password (the same as you set for control panel) after the next reboot of the server.

That was bound to happen somehow ... ;)

Well, you'll have to bear with it for now, protection will be different in future and shouldn't give that problems anymore then. Probably won't make it before A10, got a few more important tasks for now :)

The commands added by the mod are bound to the same permission system as any of the original commands. So if you add e.g. "<permission lkp 10 />" (highly abbreviated ;) ) to your admins.xml that means that anyone with permission level of 10 or less can use this command.

(The permission level 0 is just the default for every (even vanilla ones) command, you can still override them)

Hi Alloc,

Just suggestion for improvement

Add a "Message of the day" and "Server messages" function like in a FRT's manager. Why? Because much hosting companys does'nt give FRT SM functions (for ex. bluefangsolutions.com) but, it realy nessesary for servers.