Alloc

From 20 minutes ago i'm now at.

1939.686 RenderMap: 10464/111600 (9%)
1947.282 RenderMap: 10480/111600 (9%)

Well, if I'm right that's already about 50% of your "real" map :D

43.802 Web:Static:FileNotFound: /static/js/index.js

43.803 Web:Static:FileNotFound: /static/leaflet/leaflet.js

43.872 Web:Static:FileNotFound: /static/js/index.js

This indeed looks like it just can't find the required files. Windows or Linux?

ok deleted everything and started fresh from frustration thinking i might of made a stupid mistake and giving a fresh take on it would help, ive done it so much lately that its getting pretty easy to do lately...

any way im still having the same problem, plus my fixed prefab not being fixed anymore lol, but im getting this

43.802 Web:Static:FileNotFound: /static/js/index.js

43.803 Web:Static:FileNotFound: /static/leaflet/leaflet.js

43.872 Web:Static:FileNotFound: /static/js/index.js

does this mean i dont have the file structure right because ive went over it several times and its just like you have it on your site, folders and files.... lol should have a zip file on there so people can just unzip a webserver folder right into their base dedicated directory. Anyway not sure if thats where i went wrong or not but i still have the red page with the coords box when i open it up

Why is your folder named /static/??

I named mine /webserver based on what alloc said in his post.. Maybe that's your problem? Try renaming the folder /static to /webserver

@Lordicon: That error shows the URL relative to the host, it's not about the file path on the filesystem ;)

As the index.html etc are found the "webserver" folder itself is in the right place.

@Xyloscent: Just uploaded a new rev which also shows from where it tried to load the files on your disk so that could give a hint.

If you want to enable it make sure ControlPanelEnabled is set to true and put the folder webserver/ in the root of your 7dtd server installation.

Unless I did something wrong it saved the map dir and files in my saved game folder located at "\Saves\Random Gen\SERVER NAME" and not in the root at all.

Unless I did something wrong it saved the map dir and files in my saved game folder located at "\Saves\Random Gen\SERVER NAME" and not in the root at all.

Yeah, the map files are different for each save so they are saved within the save. But the common static webserver-files don't have to be in each save so they go to the games folder.

ok new patch new error format... here we go

22.595 Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/leaflet/leaflet.js" @ "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDie_Data/../webserver/leaflet/leaflet.js"
22.597 Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/js/index.js" @ "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDie_Data/../webserver/js/index.js"
22.738 Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/js/index.js" @ "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDie_Data/../webserver/js/index.js"
22.787 Error in Web.HandleRequest(): No handler found for path "/favicon.ico"
22.848 Error in Web.HandleRequest(): No handler found for path "/favicon.ico"

So I just copy the map files from the save to the webserver dir so it displays current map and then any new cords will be added as they pop up?

Nope, don't copy anything. The webserver will access the map files from the save folder and the static files from the "webserver" folder.

22.595 Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/leaflet/leaflet.js" @ "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDie_Data/../webserver/leaflet/leaflet.js"
22.597 Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/js/index.js" @ "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDie_Data/../webserver/js/index.js"
22.738 Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/js/index.js" @ "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDie_Data/../webserver/js/index.js"
22.787 Error in Web.HandleRequest(): No handler found for path "/favicon.ico"
22.848 Error in Web.HandleRequest(): No handler found for path "/favicon.ico"

The favicons are still ok and the others look ok too ... Did you check that the files are really in the place given in the error? You could try to use the "run" dialog from windows (Win+R) and paste the complete path of one of the files there and it should load it in an editor.

Nope, don't copy anything. The webserver will access the map files from the save folder and the static files from the "webserver" folder.

When are the static files created? I just ran all around my server trying to get them to generate but nothing happen in the files after saving or restarting server. I don't even have a static folder in /webserver

Here is my map I changed the color of the background.

http://thedecoy.net/index.php?page=map

Edited by Lordicon (see edit history)

Nothing is generated there. The webserver-folder has to be created manually with the contents of the folder in SVN ( http://svn.illy.bz/7dtd/binary-improvements/webserver/ , you can also use a SVN client to get that folder checked out). That folder will then be accessed through HTTP with the "/static/" prefix, i.e. "/static/index.html" will be mapped to your local file "<game>/webserver/index.html".

So only tasks for installing: Add the mod, create the "webserver" folder in the game folder with the contents from SVN and you are done ;)

Nothing is generated there. The webserver-folder has to be created manually with the contents of the folder in SVN ( http://svn.illy.bz/7dtd/binary-improvements/webserver/ , you can also use a SVN client to get that folder checked out). That folder will then be accessed through HTTP with the "/static/" prefix, i.e. "/static/index.html" will be mapped to your local file "<game>/webserver/index.html".

So only tasks for installing: Add the mod, create the "webserver" folder in the game folder with the contents from SVN and you are done ;)

I added the folder /webserver and all the file contents from the SVN, Then I have my webpage point to the webserver/index.html folder directly and still nothing is showing up.

Ok back. sorry wife distracted me for a second talking about lunch lol.

I tried to run it using win+r and it didn't work, but the file is definitely in that folder.

Heh, no prob ^^

Really weird that is ... I do not see any reason atm why that should fail, especially as the other files are served correctly.

(Also the forum is giving me a really hard time right now :( )

hell ya i got it....

stupid firefox wanted to save the files as txt files for some dumb reason when i got them off your site...

went in with chrome and it saved them right and it started working :D

only have to fix that prefab i re broke.

as a side note since its not important what is the deal with the favicon.ico?

hell ya i got it....

Heh, ok, glad it works (and wasn't my fault ;D ).

as a side note since its not important what is the deal with the favicon.ico?

It's just because there is none. For further information on what a favicon is at all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon ;)

<controlpanelport+2> I dont get what you mean by +2. so would be http://127.0.0.1:80+2/ <-- example???

If you set ControlPanelPort to 80 then it would be:

http://127.0.0.1:82/

he said the login was admin and the password is your webport password earlier :D

Ahh ok so once I have the correct URL :p Thanks for the help. Was doing other things didn't see Alloc post that. Trying to get a better understanding of it all. Here is mine finished and hopefully working right now :p

http://thedecoy.net/index.php?page=map

THANKS ALLOC, Works great your the man!!!!

Edited by Lordicon (see edit history)

With the new build it works for me. But i have one question: have run the render command every day or will the map render automaticly if i run around on the map ?

It will be rendered as people walk around. So on a new savegame you won't have to run rendermap at all ;)

I'm having issues installing this. Server starts but won't accept any connections... client, telnet, http, nothing.

As soon as I removed the mod .dlls and renamed the original .dlls in /Managed back to that what they were, the server started and accepted connections. Am I getting the correct version? I'm using the same link you always post.

*Edit* Maybe I need to create a special .cfg file?

Edited by =Tattoo= (see edit history)