Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

lol!!!

Uggggghhhh!

These guys sent me an email saying they switched to the dedicated server build. Maybe when A9.1 was installed it was actually the client build that got installed.

Thank you for the help!!

Ok, got that done... again!

Now server is kicking an error, it does start but can't connect WITHOUT Allocs server fixes installed.

Verified dedicated server...

3.418 Dedicated server only build

But I am getting this error

3.614 E default. Time 9ms

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

6.150 WorldStaticData.Init() needed 2.535ms

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

XmlException: 'blacklist' is expected Line 93, position 4.
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Expect (System.String expected) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadEndTag () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader xmlReader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml (System.String xml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AdminTools.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AdminTools..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 148 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 92862.
Total: 273.407257 ms (FindLiveObjects: 8.430145 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.085153 ms MarkObjects: 262.453491 ms DeleteObjects: 0.720298 ms)

Looked through logs before dedicated build was installed, didn't see anything concerning blacklist.

I will have to chase this down before I can try Allocs server fixes again.

Ok, again, forget my post.

Had an error in my serveradmin.xml.

Fixed it, tested server worked and could connect.

Stopped server, copied Allocs server file fixes, restarted and joined!

All is good in wonderland!!

Thanks for all the help!

Getting massive spam on my Telnet and server will not connect.

76.795 Telnet executed "lpe" from: 
76.811 Error in ListPlayersExtended.Run: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AllocsFixes.CustomCommands.ListPlayersExtended.Run (System.String[] _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Restarted my server for the first time in 48 hours and just got this message. Downloaded the newest Server Manager and the Newest fixes and still getting the same message.

Edited by Lordicon (see edit history)

Getting massive spam on my Telnet and server will not connect.

What do you mean by "server will not connect"? You can not connect to the server with the game client? You can not connect with Telnet? The server does not connect to Steam for server listing?

WTF? ^^

Have seen a lot of errors before it's the first time I ever saw an endless loop of NREs in GM.Update ...

Sorry, only idea right now would be that you don't run have the dedicated server build but as you said you were running it before so that can't be the reason :(

Hopefully I will come up with an idea tomorrow (it's 4am here so I gotta go to bed now ;) ).

-Chris

Well, first of all hi to everyone :)

I've got a little problem there:

I've installed the server fix onto my server but after that the server wont load at all. It starts the server but notthing more, can't connect to telnet and the webinterface is also not accesible.

Also I'm quite new to 7dtd dedicated servers and can't find any log-files in any of my folders.

I am using the current version downloaded with steamcmd to run my dedicated server.

Any help would be appreciated :) Also I'm sorry if I am not mentioned to post my help here.

- LolRiTTeR

I've got a little problem there:

I've installed the server fix onto my server but after that the server wont load at all. It starts the server but notthing more, can't connect to telnet and the webinterface is also not accesible.

Also I'm quite new to 7dtd dedicated servers and can't find any log-files in any of my folders.

On a plain installation without specifying where the log should go it should be in <gamefolder>/7DaysToDie_Data/output_log.txt .

Did you make sure to install the dedicated server build?

I think I figured out the problem, Server Manager added duplicate Bans to my Adminconfig so it was throwing errors because of this.

Ugh, sometimes the error handling is really bad in 7dtd ;)

On a plain installation without specifying where the log should go it should be in <gamefolder>/7DaysToDie_Data/output_log.txt .

Ugh, sometimes the error handling is really bad in 7dtd ;)

I was wrong about what the problem was. I double checked everything and it was something in my save game files. Only one way to fix it and that was me wiping the server and starting fresh, Kinda sucks but hey this is Alpha

I just checked my output-log and found those two lines BEFORE applying the server-fix.

After I've added the fix this shows up in the output-log:

http://pastebin.com/fbbkbk33

Little overview from the pastebin:

The file 'C:/7dtd/7DaysToDie_Data/level0' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds! 163560 > 163556]
FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly '7dtd-server-fixes, Version=0.91.5355.31362, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Thanks alot for any help!

- LolRiTTeR

Umm, can't delete or edit my posts.. A little bit stupid cause i have to create a new post now :p

Well, I managed to get the fix running. It was my fault.

I've re-downloaded the server-files once again and replaced them with the current ones.

The problem that shows up in the pastebin is that I've forgotten to rename the server-fix.dll, there was a (1) after it because of downloading.

So thanks alot :) It works now.

- LolRiTTeR

As long as you got it sorted out :)

Just updated the webserver-files. Now you can also see what the corresponding region files are for every location. My server is updated so you can look at it here: http://7dtd_admin.illy.bz/

Regards,

Chris

Very nice this will make it a bit easier to see if anyone has a house in a region before you reset it for a custom prefab, near future I hope...

Question: Been having this problem from after installing the map stuff. When I try to log into my server with telnet it always says the password is incorrect the first time and the second time it goes threw, I always type the password right every time I have been using the same password for the past 12 years or so.

Please enter password:

Password incorrect, please enter password:

Logon successful.

Not sure if its your fixes that caused it or if it is something else.