Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

I'm having issues installing this. Server starts but won't accept any connections...

Log contents?

Are you going to take the simple authorization off? Right now every time someone tries to view it the thing pops up asking for username and password.

Nope, as that will be extended to be an admin interface you wouldn't want it to be publicly accessible ;)

Log contents?

Nope, as that will be extended to be an admin interface you wouldn't want it to be publicly accessible ;)

Well ♥♥♥♥ then I need to change my web servers link back to cumu's files and get ready for the panel on my site... :p

Could probably include an optional public access to the map if that's desired. Always thought one wouldn't want each user to see the full map as this can also be used to find other bases etc ;)

As big as these maps are there are only a few ways to find a players base right now, and most of the players are only pvping in towns because their base is hidden so far away. I personally allow my users too know where each other live that way it brings on more better pvp. Of course griefing is not allowed by breaking houses etc.

when i try to render the map we already have .. its quite big it gets stuck at about 3 % with this error

1730.737 RenderMap: 1968/49712 (3%)

1731.556 Error in RenderMap.Run: System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.Int64,Chunk].Add (Int64 key, .Chunk value) [0x00000] in :0 at DictionaryList`2[system.Int64,Chunk].Add (Int64 _key, .Chunk _value) [0x00000] in :0 at WorldChunkCache.AddChunkSync (.Chunk _chunk) [0x00000] in :0 at RegionFileManager.md0005 (.Chunk par0001) [0x00000] in :0 at RegionFileManager.GetChunkSync (Int64 _key) [0x00000] in :0 at AllocsFixes.MapRendering.MapRendering.RenderChunk (Vector2i chunkPos, Vector2i fullMapPos) [0x00000] in :0 at AllocsFixes.MapRendering.MapRendering.RenderFullMap () [0x00000] in :0 at AllocsFixes.CustomCommands.RenderMap.Run (System.String[] _params) [0x00000] in :0

I've deleted the folder incase it was trying to overwrite a file but the same issue everytime

But the rest works have a map running on the web and it accesses what little it already rendered just that getting stuck there bit

Any insights?

when i try to render the map we already have .. its quite big it gets stuck at about 3 % with this error

1730.737 RenderMap: 1968/49712 (3%)

1731.556 Error in RenderMap.Run: System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.Int64,Chunk].Add (Int64 key, .Chunk value) [0x00000] in :0 at DictionaryList`2[system.Int64,Chunk].Add (Int64 _key, .Chunk _value) [0x00000] in :0 at WorldChunkCache.AddChunkSync (.Chunk _chunk) [0x00000] in :0 at RegionFileManager.md0005 (.Chunk par0001) [0x00000] in :0 at RegionFileManager.GetChunkSync (Int64 _key) [0x00000] in :0 at AllocsFixes.MapRendering.MapRendering.RenderChunk (Vector2i chunkPos, Vector2i fullMapPos) [0x00000] in :0 at AllocsFixes.MapRendering.MapRendering.RenderFullMap () [0x00000] in :0 at AllocsFixes.CustomCommands.RenderMap.Run (System.String[] _params) [0x00000] in :0

I've deleted the folder incase it was trying to overwrite a file but the same issue everytime

But the rest works have a map running on the web and it accesses what little it already rendered just that getting stuck there bit

Any insights?

Looks like it is trying to copy the same file twice and throwing an error.

Hum ... that. is. weird. ...

Which version are you running? I.e. revision you downloaded or just run "version" in the console.

Anyway, has nothing to do with the generated files, that's either a problem with how I access chunks or with the chunks themselves ... Probably the former one :(

That chunk management business is really annoying ;)

Log contents?

It's complaining about a corrupted Level0 and Level1 file on start, but your .dll's load.

Examples:

Platform assembly: C:\TCAFiles\Users\tattoo\1234\7daystodie_Data\Managed\UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\TCAFiles\Users\tattoo\1234\7daystodie_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
The file 'C:/TCAFiles/Users/tattoo/1234/7daystodie_Data/level0' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds! 318300 > 318296]

and

0.107 Maximum allowed players: 32

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

0.108 Game mode: GameModeSurvivalMP

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 4 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 6739.
Total: 11.997641 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.436221 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.134143 ms MarkObjects: 10.788301 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.056319 ms)

The file 'C:/TCAFiles/Users/tattoo/1234/7daystodie_Data/level1' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds! 163004 > 163000]

(Filename:  Line: 273)

The file 'C:/TCAFiles/Users/tattoo/1234/7daystodie_Data/level1' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds! 163592 > 163588]

(Filename:  Line: 273)

So i renamed Level0 and Level1 and restarted again...

and now I get this~

Level 'SceneIntro' (1) couldn't be loaded because it has not been added to the build settings.
To add a level to the build settings use the menu File->Build Settings...

(Filename:  Line: 269)

Level 'SceneIntro' (1) couldn't be loaded because it has not been added to the build settings.

over and over again..

So.. what am I doing wrong?

p.s. I edited the path names for security.

Ignore those "corrupted files" messages. They were ok. Also without more information (like a full log) I can't do much about it. Of course you can blank out stuff like passwords and also send it on a private channel (PM, mail, ...).

Any insights?

Hum ... that. is. weird. ...

Which version are you running? I.e. revision you downloaded or just run "version" in the console.

Anyway, has nothing to do with the generated files, that's either a problem with how I access chunks or with the chunks themselves ... Probably the former one :(

That chunk management business is really annoying ;)

Also could you send me your save folder so I can try to reproduce that problem locally? You could leave out the player files of course ;)

Just copied R141 to server, restarted it, could not connect with FrontrunnerTeks SM and my client couldnt connect to game. The game did prompt for password then just stuck on Connecting to server xxx.xxx.x.xx/xxxxx...

Output log file...

3.160 Dedicated server only build

3.333 S default

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at cl00b1.md0007 (System.String _bundleName, System.String _objName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 337 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 5811.

Total: 12.433279 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.346034 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.251077 ms MarkObjects: 9.131625 ms DeleteObjects: 2.019317 ms)

A client which was not in the connected player list disconnected. ???

(Filename: Line: 1891)

91.200 OnPlayerConnected 1

91.318 PlayerLogin: 1094375808457429057/AllocatedID: 0/Xyle/Alpha 9.1

91.318 Token: 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

at GameManager.md0019 (NetworkViewID _viewId, NetworkPlayer _networkPlayer, System.String _playerName, System.String _playerId, System.String _token, System.String _compatibilityVersion) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.RPC_PlayerLogin (NetworkViewID _viewId, NetworkPlayer _networkPlayer, System.String _playerName, System.String _playerID, System.String _token, System.String _version, System.String _compatibilityVersion) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

103.823 OnPlayerDisconnected 1

at ConnectionManager.OnPlayerDisconnected (NetworkPlayer _player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have experimented too with FRTs Server Manager and Alloc's Server Fixes, works perfectly on my local install of 7DTD Dedicated Server, but not with the hosted server. The line "Dedicated server only build" I've found in the local output_log.txt, but not in the hosted server ones. So I called my hoster, the young man on the phone was not sure about the version installed by the hoster and asked me to file a ticket, what I've done just now. So, if my hoster is not able (or willing) to install the Dedicated Server Only Build, I will proably switch to another hoster. So my question: which hosters use the dedi Build?

Ok, stopped and restarted server and here is what the log showed. I didn't see anything about dedicated server build in the log...

3.140 GameStat.ZombieHordeMeter = False

3.312 S default

3.588 E default. Time 271ms

5.962 WorldStaticData.Init() needed 2.372ms

Platform assembly: C:\TCAFiles\Users\JeffL\3779\7daystodie_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
6.047 Started NetTelnetServer thread on xxxx

6.047 Started thread_TelnetListenThread()

6.065 StartAsServer

Also could you send me your save folder so I can try to reproduce that problem locally? You could leave out the player files of course ;)

When I get back from work I'll try there is a lot of files as its our server backup up but I will try to contact you later maybe on Skype? To find the best way

That happens when releasing testing stuff ... ;)

It's not an error or anything bad, just an information for me that I got to implement something later on. Will remove it and upload a new release.

Have you already done this or going to soon? Just wondering because its a pain to see player inventory with all that spam.

When I get back from work I'll try there is a lot of files as its our server backup up but I will try to contact you later maybe on Skype? To find the best way

Yup, Skype would be fine.

Have you already done this or going to soon? Just wondering because its a pain to see player inventory with all that spam.

Done now. Sorry for the inconvenience :)