Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Ugh, I never said DerPopo's fixes were included ^^

Regarding the log ... wonder why it does use that path. Are you running the game through the management scripts or some other way?

then I misunderstood something but is there a chance you can apply popos patch in yours? i try it but no chance

to get i work

im using open game panel for all my headless servers but how change i change the log path?

LG

Not sure why it uses that path on your machine at all anyway ... but you should be able to change it with "-logfile somepath/file".

Regarding DerPopo's fixes: No reason to do so as long as there's no real crash reports on the Linux side anyway. The one you encountered quite likely is not related to anything he fixed.

Grml, wasn't able to edit my post anymore ... (less than a minute to late for that)

Just had a quick talk with him: The fixes are for the Windows engine only. They might not be needed for the Linux engine at all anyway ;)

Not sure why it uses that path on your machine at all anyway ... but you should be able to change it with "-logfile somepath/file".

Regarding DerPopo's fixes: No reason to do so as long as there's no real crash reports on the Linux side anyway. The one you encountered quite likely is not related to anything he fixed.

-logfile works

i wonder why the native linux server never crashed, its a windows bug :)

thx for the files its really helpfull for admin to detect cheaters

maybe its possible to remove keystones with playerid because some funny ppl build keystone forts overnight and i cannot always reset the whole area

TY and LG

PS: banned first cheater 63000 ironwall, 32000 goldenrod tea in belt usw.

... an ability to "kill" them would be good since they can't suicide....

Thanks to HAL9000 the latest rev has a kill command :)

Excellent!

To me that one seemed a huge glaring ommision (by TFP) after they removed suicide. I know (or assume) they did that as part of trying to reduce exploits, but the downside obviously without admins having that ability it creates some terrible situations for players who get stuck due to bugs.

Hi, Alloc!

At 1 server, i see one usefull chat-command: /voteban

If people see cheater - they can youse /voteban command and start a vote to ban or not to ban the same player.

look at that screenshots

If you use "/voteban"

BniPMYz.png

To start vote, use command and number of player. For ex "voteban 2"

OdOUKRS.png

When vote was started, to vote for ban player need to write in chat "!yes"

nx8SUrP.png

If vote was successful server write the result

dW2ClLm.png

If vote was NOT successful server write that

UsYrRa7.png

So, Alloc, if you can, please, do that thing. To my mind, it will be very usefull.

Regards, Hensley!:apthy:

Hi Hensley,

why don't you just use the tool that already provides this feature? ;)

(I assume it's FRT's Server Manager)

It would be possible to implement in this mod but somehow I don't feel right about this. Especially as this is misusing the chat while there are no chat-commands yet.

having issues installing

use gameservers.com

and installed on the server ftp and placed 7dtd-server-fixes.dll & Assembly-CSharp.dll (overwrite the original)

into this folder

/*******/7daystodie/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed

had the server stopped while i was uploading. then restarted server after finished. made no other changed. server would not restart also using fronterunnertek and it remained disconnected from the server the whole time.

You are probably not running the dedi build of the game as the server. Check the output_log.txt (with the orig files) for the line "Dedicated server only build". If it's not in there you are running the client build.

FRT's Server Launcher have no that function.

Might have a look at this. But probably not within the next 1.5 weeks.

i am able to locate output_log.txt in /********/7daystodie/7DaysToDie_Data

So what? It's nice you found the log, but the interesting part is its content ;)

searched for the word dedicated and these were the results

0.019 Command line arguments: c:\games\**_***_***_***_25575\********\7daystodie\7DaysToDie.exe -quit -batchmode -nographics -configfile=serverconfig.xml -dedicated -ip **_***_***_*** -port 25575 -queryport 25576

0.098 Starting dedicated server level=Navezgane game name=[66ff00]************

1.730 GamePref.DedicatedServer = True

If you have a hosted server your provider has to install it. Depends on your provider if he'll do that, you just have to ask there.

Alternatively you can patch the DLL for the client build, but that won't be supported for a long time by the Pimps anyway so your provider would be better of switching to the dedi build right now anyway ;)

got it working, ended up having to do a full server wipe. backuped all game files so everything was the same.

might i suggest to go along with remove land protection entering the persons 64 steam id to remove all their land claims?

also via the list land protection i was able to discover dozens of land claims by this player as well as a floating iron walled structure

http://www.cursedearth.us/modules.php?name=Bans&page=player&id=76561198116924211

got another hacker out of all of frontrunnerteks server. we really do appreciate all the help the modders are giving. TFP should hire you guys

Hi, Alloc!

At 1 server, i see one usefull chat-command: /voteban

If people see cheater - they can youse /voteban command and start a vote to ban or not to ban the same player.

look at that screenshots

..snip..

So, Alloc, if you can, please, do that thing. To my mind, it will be very usefull.

Regards, Hensley!:apthy:

Hi Hensley, after speaking with Alloc, I've added this functionality to my Server Manager app independent of the Server Fixes mod. The version just released supports it.

Cheers! (and thanks Alloc! :) )