No mods for Steel pickaxe?

max64800

Finally found Bunker Buster mod but cannot put it in my Steel PickAxe. It doesn't have an option to mod? anyone know why is that? Steel axe and shovel has that option :(

Is it just that Pick?

I'm not in game atm, perhaps go into creative and have a look at a steel pick there.

Does it have mod slots?

I know I've found several items that had none.

Semi off-topic:

Does anyone have some easy xml to remove the colours from the dyes? they look kinda ♥♥♥♥ and thats a sucky tradeoff for more damage

I found code looking like this in item_modifiers.xml

<item_modifier name="modDyeRed" installable_tags="clothing,armor,weapon,tool" modifier_tags="dye" type="attachment" rarity="0.2">
	<property name="DescriptionKey" value="modDyeGroupDesc"/>
	<property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/>

<item_property_overrides name="*">
		<property name="TintColor" value="255,0,0"/>
		<property name="CustomIconTint" value="172,33,50"/>
		<property name="UMA.Overlay0Tint" value="172,33,50"/>
	</item_property_overrides>

What do you think?

Maybe mess around with overlay colours?

Semi off-topic:

Does anyone have some easy xml to remove the colours from the dyes? they look kinda ♥♥♥♥ and thats a sucky tradeoff for more damage

One of the dyes does not actually change the color. I believe it is the white dye. It doesn't tint the mesh. So all you'd have to do is replace all other colors with the white one in the loot tables. Or alternatively, change the item_modifiers for all the other dyes to match the properties of the white one.

Edit* Just had a look - looks like they commented out the white one from the loot tables in latest experimental..Not sure why...in the previous exp i'm pretty sure that was the one that didn't actually put on the overlay so maybe it was just a bug and not intentional.

There is a bug atm whereby if you craft an item, the number of mod slots on it is random. The workaround is to be watching the item crafting right at the point it completes. If you do that, it will always have the correct number of slots.

The dye that doesn't change color isn't white. I can't quite remember the name. Sepia? Something beginning with S?

There is a bug atm whereby if you craft an item, the number of mod slots on it is random. The workaround is to be watching the item crafting right at the point it completes. If you do that, it will always have the correct number of slots.

The dye that doesn't change color isn't white. I can't quite remember the name. Sepia? Something beginning with S?

This is correct, it's basically RNG right now when crafting level 5 items as to how many mod slots you'll get. I had to craft 4 AKs just to get the correct amount of slots. FYI: AKs sell for a ton at the trader.

This is correct, it's basically RNG right now when crafting level 5 items as to how many mod slots you'll get. I had to craft 4 AKs just to get the correct amount of slots. FYI: AKs sell for a ton at the trader.

This is a known bug right?

Someone's reported it already?

Its known and I believe fixed for the next update

Yay!

Nice to hear.

I'm kind of impressed with how hard TFP are working this time of year.

Christmas is almost here and they're still going at it.

They aren't chained to a wall are they?

They are alright and stuff right Roland?

urQD1t2.gif

Yeah I found out about that in this thread too.

Hehe..... gonna rock a cool new Pick now!

zlJwXUM.gif

I'm adding it to my pick tonight on stream lmao, also, I read elsewhere that it's harcoded for the pick to always take 2 hits or more to break a stone voxel.... is this correct? If so, I guess I don't need the mod lol

I'm adding it to my pick tonight on stream lmao, also, I read elsewhere that it's harcoded for the pick to always take 2 hits or more to break a stone voxel.... is this correct? If so, I guess I don't need the mod lol

That better not be true!!!

That's another mistake like removing the bonus from Trees.

It's EXACTLY the same mistake.

rYvsegO.gif

Aaaaah!!! TFP what are you doing?

Pretty sure you got that backwards (could be wrong).

Its not hard coded to be that way but it is balanced to be that way (was in a16 too, top quality tool + perks left about 40hp on a stone voxel)

Weird, it may have not been intended for it to work on the pick lol. I'll have to come hang out with you on a stream sometime. Watch while I do college work and can't play haha. I remember A16, it took 2 hits to break a node and the following breaks took 1 because of the excess damage. I wonder if it works the same?

Pretty sure you got that backwards (could be wrong).

Its not hard coded to be that way but it is balanced to be that way (was in a16 too, top quality tool + perks left about 40hp on a stone voxel)

Sorry, but that's false. Once I was maxed out in my perks in A16 with a level 600 pick I was 1 shotting stone voxels all day lol

Weird, it may have not been intended for it to work on the pick lol. I'll have to come hang out with you on a stream sometime. Watch while I do college work and can't play haha. I remember A16, it took 2 hits to break a node and the following breaks took 1 because of the excess damage. I wonder if it works the same?

not certain tbh, but if you look at my reply above, I was always able to 1 shot after a certain point in A16. I get that this is not A16 anymore, but was curious if that was nerfed now. I can't remember what thread I read it in, or if it was a legitimate source, so I asked if anyone actually knew lol.

Archived