Master chef should it be reworked or removed?

Slingblade2040

Sent MM a tweet asking this and I'm curious on how the community feels about this.

Is master chef useless now that food made from that perk line is available at vending machines and the trader. Vending machines are very plentiful and I know master chef unlocks the grandpa stuff but unless it was changed the buff barely lasts 1 min.

So should this perk be removed also or reworked to have food that give stat buffs?

Sent MM a tweet asking this and I'm curious on how the community feels about this.

Is master chef useless now that food made from that perk line is available at vending machines and the trader. Vending machines are very plentiful and I know master chef unlocks the grandpa stuff but unless it was changed the buff barely lasts 1 min.

So should this perk be removed also or reworked to have food that give stat buffs?

I've never had an interest in farming/cooking ect. in this game. I'm curious what the response is from that crowd because since a17e dropped I've just used one of my first perks to unlock bacon and eggs and never looked at it again.

Considering food is directly tied to your max stamina and you are constantly using stamina there is no reason to use anything other than grilled meat or bacon and eggs for pretty much the entire game as the benefits of better food do not usually outweigh having that stamina to use.

Considering food is directly tied to your max stamina and you are constantly using stamina there is no reason to use anything other than grilled meat or bacon and eggs for pretty much the entire game as the benefits of better food do not usually outweigh having that stamina to use.

Plus slow metabolism equals easy street lol.

I think it's probably too early to tell.

With the new buff system there are so many possibilities with food so... I expect we'll see big changes coming.

Right now it's not even remotely balanced but food is just one of many things that need balancing.

Might be awhile before we see a food system that works well.

I just confirmed with the developers that you can eat for more than 100%. So you still get the benefits of meat stew even if you eat at 90% fullness. It will store the extra and it will stay at max fullness for a time before coming down again. The upper tier foods definitely are worth it and you do not have to let your stamina drain down to a low amount to get the full benefit of the stews.

I just confirmed with the developers that you can eat for more than 100%. So you still get the benefits of meat stew even if you eat at 90% fullness. It will store the extra and it will stay at max fullness for a time before coming down again. The upper tier foods definitely are worth it and you do not have to let your stamina drain down to a low amount to get the full benefit of the stews.

Unless you log out.

Then you lose that "extra" stored up.

At the very least, boiled eggs should be taken out of Master Chef - it doesn't make any sense. I can build a house but I can't boil an egg?

Are you kidding?

That's more realistic than most things in this game.

Let's face it, there's a whole generation of Social Media educated Millenials who actually can't boil an egg or even make toast.

So....controllable in most cases.

Yeah it's a minor nuisance, nothing more.

Certainly nothing that needs changing/fixing.

So to confirm, let's say I'm at 90% hunger and eat a meat stew, that would continue to generate food until the stamina gain has been used? Also, does this stack? Example: At 90% stamina/food, plan on mining, eat 2 meat stews and then go mine until that stamina/food over 100% has been exhausted?

Hope that makes sense.

Does it realy?, guess now know why had food raise up from 99% to 100% a few times. How much then is needed to throw up, 25% overeating, 50% overeating?, anyway, it would be nice to know how much "extra" we have stored.

So to confirm, let's say I'm at 90% hunger and eat a meat stew, that would continue to generate food until the stamina gain has been used? Also, does this stack? Example: At 90% stamina/food, plan on mining, eat 2 meat stews and then go mine until that stamina/food over 100% has been exhausted?

Hope that makes sense.

You can only go over the max once kinda thing.

So let's say

- At 90% you eat a stew

You get the WHOLE stew benefit though you won't see it displayed.

- You eat a second stew after that

You get nothing for it since you're already over max hunger.

I'm not sure if that's what you were asking.

I've never had an interest in farming/cooking ect. in this game. I'm curious what the response is from that crowd because since a17e dropped I've just used one of my first perks to unlock bacon and eggs and never looked at it again.

This, I pretty much get level one of the perk and no more, If I need to make veggie stew or meat stew, I save a magazine page till I have a ton of mats, pop it, then queue it all up at once. If anything the vending machines need to go back to how they were in b208, its far to easy to just buy all the food off the machines, furthermore, the only vending machines that should be able to restock at all, are the ones in trader POI's, The ones outside of them should not restock at all period, because think about it? who refills them? The one in trader poi's I can see as there IS a person there, but the ones out in the world?

So let's say

- At 90% you eat a stew

Thanks, close enough to what I was asking really. My question about the 2 meat stews was that if I started eating them at 90%, by the time I started eating the 2nd stew, the 1st stew would not have had me at 100% because of the gradual increase. So I was wondering if they stacked for that reason. It would definitely be an exploit if they did and would need to be addressed.

the vending machines need to go back to how they were in b208, its far to easy to just buy all the food off the machines

Agree 100%

I remember reading from someone, don't remember who, to join both Magazine buff with food.

Steak and potatoes = 12 in-game hours +2 Str

Bacon and eggs = 6 hrs ingame +1 Str +1 Agi

You get my drift...

Right now the good food you get to cook/craft is kinda wasted after a certain point (late game when you're all perked up). By adding the buffs to the food, it is viable/needed for the whole game.

You exchange the magazines for something else... maybe books to learn "epic" mods, like a better version of the ones you find, just better and re-craftable after learned (ONLY learned by books. This way you bring back books back too?).

Hope that makes sense.

Kinyajuu told me he ate a whole additional stamina bar's worth of food. He himself wasn't sure if it was capped but said Gazz would know.

So let's say

- At 90% you eat a stew

I am guessing as long as your below 98% you get the bit u need to hit 100% and it stores the rest, or up to a limit. How much you can overeat though I'd like to know.

Kinyajuu told me he ate a whole additional stamina bar's worth of food. He himself wasn't sure if it was capped but said Gazz would know.

well dang, I guess I'll test it after work. I mayyyyy have a few meat stews laying around from looted fridges and coolers lol. Honestly never touched them in this experimental unless I need health after a fight.

I'd like to know how far we can overeat, as I got ocd and seeing those bars below max annoys the hell out of me like you wouldn't believe.

This, I pretty much get level one of the perk and no more, If I need to make veggie stew or meat stew, I save a magazine page till I have a ton of mats, pop it, then queue it all up at once. If anything the vending machines need to go back to how they were in b208, its far to easy to just buy all the food off the machines, furthermore, the only vending machines that should be able to restock at all, are the ones in trader POI's, The ones outside of them should not restock at all period, because think about it? who refills them? The one in trader poi's I can see as there IS a person there, but the ones out in the world?

We have two different kinds of people playing this game. The ones who prefer to craft everything and the ones who prefer to loot everything.

A16 could satisfy both camps. A17 all but removed loot from zombies so it became impossible to satisfy your needs by looting only. I prefer to craft everything by hand and would have gotten food perks regardless, so this change has no effect on me personally. The other camp was not so lucky, so this adjustment was made to satisfy them.

I believe that functional, restocking vending machines do not fit this whole zombie apocalypse theme and I avoid them as such. But it is strictly a personal choice. I wish I could disassemble them though.

well dang, I guess I'll test it after work. I mayyyyy have a few meat stews laying around from looted fridges and coolers lol. Honestly never touched them in this experimental unless I need health after a fight.

Sham chowder is godly for restoring health, it heals 80! Its a powerful food because it requires a drop only mat to make, those sham sandwhiches, the 28 max stam 100% food poisining chance food.

We have two different kinds of people playing this game. The ones who prefer to craft everything and the ones who prefer to loot everything.

A16 could satisfy both camps. A17 all but removed loot from zombies so it became impossible to satisfy your needs by looting only. I prefer to craft everything by hand and would have gotten food perks regardless, so this change has no effect on me personally. The other camp was not so lucky, so this adjustment was made to satisfy them.

I believe that functional, restocking vending machines do not fit this whole zombie apocalypse theme and I avoid them as such. But it is strictly a personal choice. I wish I could disassemble them though.

The trader breaks the survival aspect a ton as it is, since you can often get what you can't find off them, but the vending machines, I didn't mind much in b208 and below when it was mostly water/canned food. But now that you can buy bascally any food from them, they are broken as hell. If you make a base in the fire station poi, it has a vending machine on the 2nd floor, so you'd have your own personal daily restocking food vendor just sitting in your base. IMO as I said the ones in the trader could restock, but the ones in the world should shut down or something once empty, kinda like those loot piles. med supply piles, that self destroy once you loot them.

7dtd is the only survival game I know of that has both npc shops and a machine vendor that restocks daily. Both kinda remove a large amount of the survival aspects. They removed alot less of it in b208 and below when they barely had any food.

Archived