Funniest or Weirdest way you've died in A17e?

PoppaTot

Mine was last night on stream, I was riding my motorcycle keeping a Radiated Cop busy by running him over until one of my allies could come dispose of him before he got to our base when the game just decided I was dead lmao. I could post the clip link but I do curse in it and not sure if that is appropriate here? That was my 2nd death in over 30 days. FeelBadMan

What ways have you died in odd fashion?

EDIT: Here is the video link for the "Death from Nothing" if you're interested:

LANGUAGE NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR KIDS

http://clips.twitch.tv/VastRelentlessAardvarkPJSugar

I crouched on top of my minibike to snipe a zombie.

Apparently when you walk off your minibike while still crouched it's too high and you die from fall damage?!?!?!

Who knew?

That is AWESOME, because we know it will be fixed. But I would have been cracking up lmao

You know those sealed crates that have random stuff inside like toilets? My friend and I were breaking one down together and my swing broke open the box and my friend's swing connected with what was inside.... a gas barrel. I saw it but the best reaction I could get before he blew us both up was turning around. Not really weird I guess but it was funny.

You know those sealed crates that have random stuff inside like toilets? My friend and I were breaking one down together and my swing broke open the box and my friend's swing connected with what was inside.... a gas barrel. I saw it but the best reaction I could get before he blew us both up was turning around. Not really weird I guess but it was funny.

That's awesome! My buddy and I were in the shanty town?...(the shacks with a makeshift fence around them, water tower in the middle, and small buildings around it) and we both went to the safe in the middle building to the right.... BOOM, oops, forgot about the mines when you open the vault door XD

"hmm, there's a bear. I really need to get into that Working Stiffs though. I should leave the bear alone. Or I could climb up on that other building and kill it and the loot. Wait, where did all these zombies come from? Seriously where??? Eugh, I'm going to have to -- wait that bear sounds a lot clos -- oh, okay sure, respawn on my bedroll."

And:

"this floor tile is fine. this floor tile is fine" (that floor tile was not in fact, not fine, I'd hit the same one before twice but didn't notice. "OW crap broken floor and broken leg. great I'll just go over -- DAMNIT I FELL AGAIN. Wait. are those? Oh, no no nono no not dogs. how do I get out of here? Well, respawing on my bedroll worked as a way to get out."

"hmm, there's a bear. I really need to get into that Working Stiffs though. I should leave the bear alone. Or I could climb up on that other building and kill it and the loot. Wait, where did all these zombies come from? Seriously where??? Eugh, I'm going to have to -- wait that bear sounds a lot clos -- oh, okay sure, respawn on my bedroll."

And:

"this floor tile is fine. this floor tile is fine" (that floor tile was not in fact, not fine, I'd hit the same one before twice but didn't notice. "OW crap broken floor and broken leg. great I'll just go over -- DAMNIT I FELL AGAIN. Wait. are those? Oh, no no nono no not dogs. how do I get out of here? Well, respawing on my bedroll worked as a way to get out."

These are great, I hate dying, but I do love the deaths that make me laugh.... after my initial rage lmao

These are great, I hate dying, but I do love the deaths that make me laugh.... after my initial rage lmao

Haha - same here. I looked as those two deaths as teaching moments: Do not, under (almost) any circumstances attempt to take on a bear at level 2 and definitely do not turn your back on the bear without running being involved. And always carry barbed wire and/or a shotgun for 'oh crap' moments.

I say almost above because I did get my revenge on bear kind the next day. I was inside the trader and a bear spawned/wandered over to the front door. I couldn't get out. BUT he couldn't get in. twenty five stone arrows later and my food problems were solved and I got my vengeance.

Not my death but playing with a buddy. We cleaned a POI and got to the attic. I crouched in the corner, hoping to spot where the zombie would be. He started to go loot the good stuff. A feral dropped from the ceiling and killed him, and I just clubbed the feral in the back of the head.

Did I forget to tell him that zombies are hidden like that in the dungeon POIs? Well, I suppose I did...

Not my death but playing with a buddy. We cleaned a POI and got to the attic. I crouched in the corner, hoping to spot where the zombie would be. He started to go loot the good stuff. A feral dropped from the ceiling and killed him, and I just clubbed the feral in the back of the head.

Did I forget to tell him that zombies are hidden like that in the dungeon POIs? Well, I suppose I did...

Me and friend were outside the Bear Den... I told him the bears weren't agro and I poked through the window at the top of the broken stairs... when he came in I shot the bears with an arrow each and watched him run for his life XD

Was clearing a dungeon POI when a group of about 5 or 6 ferals dropped out a ceiling, I ran from the room into a wandering pack of dogs that pathed into the POI after me.... I got away from them by jumping out a window... only to be killed by the bear that was outside.

My dog watches this game when I play, often from my lap (he's a 20 lb. black poodle who really like games and television). I walked into a room, I think it was the 1st floor of a Crack-A-Book, and there's a LOT of sleepers around. My dog notices this and is waiting for the inevitable melee. I like to try and loot 1st (before killing much) there, because the z's have a bad habit of breaking bookcases. As I crept around, one of the sleepers began to stir. My gamestage had gone up enough that it was a spider zombie.

My dog raises up his head, pointing out that I was agro'd, and maybe because he noticed that this one was a little different...ROFL, the spider screams and LEAPS across the room right at me. My dog FREAKS OUT over this and lunges at my monitor rocking it backward. In the process of trying to catch my screen, and keep my dog from going right through it, I got cornered by everything, stun-locked, and well...you know the rest.

Wherever my dog is in the house now, if he hears the spider screech, he comes running and growling (in an completely offended tone).

-Morloc

My dog watches this game when I play, often from my lap (he's a 20 lb. black poodle who really like games and television). I walked into a room, I think it was the 1st floor of a Crack-A-Book, and there's a LOT of sleepers around. My dog notices this and is waiting for the inevitable melee. I like to try and loot 1st (before killing much) there, because the z's have a bad habit of breaking bookcases. As I crept around, one of the sleepers began to stir. My gamestage had gone up enough that it was a spider zombie.

My dog raises up his head, pointing out that I was agro'd, and maybe because he noticed that this one was a little different...ROFL, the spider screams and LEAPS across the room right at me. My dog FREAKS OUT over this and lunges at my monitor rocking it backward. In the process of trying to catch my screen, and keep my dog from going right through it, I got cornered by everything, stun-locked, and well...you know the rest.

Wherever my dog is in the house now, if he hears the spider screech, he comes running and growling (in an completely offended tone).

-Morloc

This is probably the best way to day in a game as I've ever heard lmao

Mine would have to be when I was running for dear life from a pack of wolves back to a barn I was squatting in at night. I barreled down a hill and ran onto the one hubcap mine in the smallest patch of wasteland I've ever seen. It was still day time but so close to night that it might as well have been lol I couldn't see anything and didn't even realize it was a different biome until I exploded.

On the bright side, I got where I was going quicker bahahaha

Mine would have to be when I was running for dear life from a pack of wolves back to a barn I was squatting in at night. I barreled down a hill and ran onto the one hubcap mine in the smallest patch of wasteland I've ever seen. It was still day time but so close to night that it might as well have been lol I couldn't see anything and didn't even realize it was a different biome until I exploded.

On the bright side, I got where I was going quicker bahahaha

It was the same way in A16.4 for, if there was a mine, I'd probably find it lol

I climbed on the tower crane and decided to build on his boom observation post. Did the walls, the ceiling, put the box of supplies, built a door and the crane jib fell down.

LMAO I didn't even think about that falling, glad you found out for science reasons before I did haha

-Morloc

aklVbmJ.gif

That one made me laugh!

My husband likes to stand on things. Trees, cars, animals, me.

Anyways, he decided to jump on a pig whilst we talked about what we are doing next. The pig moved out from under him (still benign as we hadn't hurt it) and he fell to the ground and died like he had fallen off a cliff. Just, SPLAT!

Perhaps being a hat/helmet just wasn't his calling.

My husband likes to stand on things. Trees, cars, animals, me.

Anyways, he decided to jump on a pig whilst we talked about what we are doing next. The pig moved out from under him (still benign as we hadn't hurt it) and he fell to the ground and died like he had fallen off a cliff. Just, SPLAT!

Perhaps being a hat/helmet just wasn't his calling.

Sounds like he forgot the saddle.

I was outside a vendor waiting for it to open, and there was a trailer POI *immediately* across from it (close enough that the outer wall of the POI was "protected" by the trader). So I go in and clear it, and decide to scrap some stuff while I'm waiting. The trailer has an awning, the kind you see on late-night TV ads on cable. OK, well I'll remove the cloth, then switch to pickaxe and remove the metal frame. Except oops, the cloth appears to hold up the metal frame in this case. It fell the 1 block of distance onto my only 26hp head, and BOOM, Headshot!...

I was outside a vendor waiting for it to open, and there was a trailer POI *immediately* across from it (close enough that the outer wall of the POI was "protected" by the trader). So I go in and clear it, and decide to scrap some stuff while I'm waiting. The trailer has an awning, the kind you see on late-night TV ads on cable. OK, well I'll remove the cloth, then switch to pickaxe and remove the metal frame. Except oops, the cloth appears to hold up the metal frame in this case. It fell the 1 block of distance onto my only 26hp head, and BOOM, Headshot!...

bro, that's just bad luck haha

Archived