With regards to the wetness of post apocalyptic water.

UbiquitousMoose

I miss the wet debuff. I'm not feeling as inclined to look for bridges or be careful with the weather now and I'm finding the experience poorer for it. In fact I've barely noticed the elements in A17e (and yeah, I'm past the initial buff), seems a bit odd for a survival game - but then it wouldn't be the first I've played that's gimped it's environmental hazards while in EA.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong, I really want this to be a bug and not a feature change.

I miss the wet debuff. I'm not feeling as inclined to look for bridges or be careful with the weather now and I'm finding the experience poorer for it. In fact I've barely noticed the elements in A17e (and yeah, I'm past the initial buff), seems a bit odd for a survival game - but then it wouldn't be the first I've played that's gimped it's environmental hazards while in EA.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong, I really want this to be a bug and not a feature change.

Your wrong. (you did ask), I for one like many others didn't feel the temp system added anything of real value to the game other than just being there to be an annoyence. I do however agree if you go in water you should get wet and it should drop your temp for a while.

You can no longer die from temperature nor starvation in alpha 17. I hope that's temporary while they get the hp/stamina loss systems sorted out.

I do so too. This is truly the one thing that's always annoyed me from this game, and it's not the first update in which starvation/thirst doesn't kill you either.

The water/wetness should act both as a danger of freezing, and as a possibility to cool down in heat.

I vote to include it into the game again.

I swear that a body of water cooled me in the desert when I was overheating. I guess it could be a coincidence that the overheating debuff disappeared after entering the water.

I swear that a body of water cooled me in the desert when I was overheating. I guess it could be a coincidence that the overheating debuff disappeared after entering the water.

It might have changed the biome value when you crossed into it. With the heating from "desert" gone you probably dropped. I wonder what the "biome temp" is in water and if it's uniform in all of the biomes (like can you stand in water in snow and "warm up"?)

LOL, yeah I am so used to avoiding the water myself and expecting the wetness when I get near it.

It does put you out if you get set on fire though.

Freezing is still a very real danger, at least until you find decent clothes. I started a new map last night and the trader is in the snow, and I like to setup near the trader, and let me tell you it sucked. Even though I came up there already with a good stock of meat and eggs on day 1 I was starving within days.

The water does have effects atleast in the very start as I too have used it in the desert to cool off.

Still with all the complaints guys about how A17 is TOO HARD you have to make sure you are heard about things like this. Try to get your friends in here. If not the game could continue to get nerfed for all those that just hang in the forums and complain about everything, or refuse to relearn the game.

Same thing happened to me.

Im am fairly sure getting wet made me cool down.

Archived