Very small world

custom_hero

17a RWG square world 8х8 have real size 7.6х7.6=57.76

16a RWG round world R=10 have real size 3.14*10х10=314

314/57.76=5.43

New world 5.43 times smaller, not 2 not 3times, 5.43!!!

last nail for coffin cap a17

even if everything works fine in a17, anyway i will play a16. Because of the large size of the world. it was always very interesting to generate a new, big world and explore it.

a17 - 5.43 times no more interesting

question: do you want to live 15 years or 80? Want to die in 15 years?

80 / 5.5 = 15)))

this is scary. A terrible change in the game.

17a RWG square world 8х8 have real size 7.6х7.6=57.76

16a RWG round world R=10 have real size 3.14*10х10=314

314/57.76=5.43

New world 5.43 times smaller, not 2 not 3times, 5.43!!!

last nail for coffin cap a17

even if everything works fine in a17, anyway i will play a16. Because of the large size of the world. it was always very interesting to generate a new, big world and explore it.

a17 - 5.43 times no more interesting

Good luck with this thread. Seriously... good luck... :(

There is an option to create a 16x16 world. That's 256 which is only 1.2 times smaller. Maybe not the deal breaker for you?

the thing is that the world is 16x16, generated 20 minutes, and generated 50-70 percent empty. so I exclude 16х16.

Even if 16x16 was generated normally, the world is significantly less than 314-256 = 58

58 is the size of the largest world in 7dtd. (8x8 - real 7.6*7.6=58)

i'm probably overthinking it or something, but though i do prefer a16 to a17 (though i am starting to warm up to it) the RWG worlds were mediocre at best. they were just vast empty worlds with the occasional building dotted around, and then a large city every so often, and i never setup my home anywhere that wasnt close to a city of some sort. a17 removes this tediousness by having a lot more buildings closer together, and having country roads filled with more structures. i couldnt care too much if the word size was smaller tbh (although it does slightly tick me off just how close the rad zone is compared to the map edge now).

My question on the generator now is "can we edit that in a file to a custom size for dedi servers, so we can have varying world sizes?"

I used to set most of my worlds to 4.5k or 7.5k, and I'd like to be able to continue to do that, but the smaller defaulted sizes are OK with me, esp. in SP.

Who agrees, write here so that developers can see.

Maybe someone thinks otherwise?

This thread seems a bit too early.

First off, we have A17e. [Experimental not stable.]

That means there are plenty of changes coming before stable releases.

Secondly we know RWG isn't finished since technically larger size maps are not working yet.

[Aren't they greyed out?]

Relax for crying out loud.

TFP made RWG work for the experimental build.

That's something to be grateful for.

They didn't have to do that.

They could have released it saying RWG is in progress... coming soon.

Chill out dude.

QBwPN89.gif

i'm probably overthinking it or something, but though i do prefer a16 to a17 (though i am starting to warm up to it) the RWG worlds were mediocre at best. they were just vast empty worlds with the occasional building dotted around, and then a large city every so often

THAT!!!!!!!!1 would be a reason to put all the vehicles into the game! In a16 they would make a lot more sense. Travelling is dangerous, with everything always up close the incentive to travel is severely diminished. In a16 you would have to travel quite far sometimes, maybe to meet up with another player, or to find a new trader, and you would have to get ready for it, find appropriate clothing sets, stock up on equipment and be prepared to stay out in the open for a few days if necessary. I don't even feel close to the same feeling in a17. Last I played there were 3 traders in a row within 600m of my camp. The chatter on the airwaves made clear that other players also easily found other traders. Most of exploration incentives was also gone because both the terrain and the towns pretty much were copy paste content. Once you plop, you stop.

Secondly we know RWG isn't finished since technically larger size maps are not working yet.

If you go advanced you can pick the bigger size, do a 25 min world generation, if you then go back to the previous step you have that world loaded default. Then that world takes about 5 min to load and for some reason I get more spawn stutter on that than on a smaller world. Or maybe it's because I'm hosting for myself. Who knows.

If you go advanced you can pick the bigger size, do a 25 min world generation, if you then go back to the previous step you have that world loaded default. Then that world takes about 5 min to load and for some reason I get more spawn stutter on that than on a smaller world. Or maybe it's because I'm hosting for myself. Who knows.

You can make larger maps but they are mostly empty right?

That's not what I'd call working.

Also the 3-Biome format seems broken to me.

This thread seems a bit too early.

First off, we have A17e. [Experimental not stable.]

That means there are plenty of changes coming before stable releases.

Relax for crying out loud.

TFP made RWG work for the experimental build.

That's something to be grateful for.

They didn't have to do that.

They could have released it saying RWG is in progress... coming soon.

Chill out dude.

QBwPN89.gif

^^^^^

All this.

Archived