How i fixed my performence problem

marbu

heya guys, i have finally got my A17 very smooth...

I used to play on 1920x1080 resolution with every setting on low and it was unplayable laggy for me.

Now i can play with Full-Size textures and other stuff enabled without any problems.

Now comes the funny part, the onlything i did was changing my resolution from:

1920 x 1080

to

1280 x 1024

Its hard to believe but it really worked for me and my brother and it looks tons better now. I just wanted to share with you guys it might work for you aswell if you´re used to play on high resolution. For those who wanna know my specs:

I7 4770k CPU

16GB RAM

EVGA GTX 970 GPU

heya guys, i have finally got my A17 very smooth...

I used to play on 1920x1080 resolution with every setting on low and it was unplayable laggy for me.

Now i can play with Full-Size textures and other stuff enabled without any problems.

Now comes the funny part, the onlything i did was changing my resolution from:

1920 x 1080

to

1280 x 1024

Its hard to believe but it really worked for me and my brother and it looks tons better now. I just wanted to share with you guys it might work for you aswell if you´re used to play on high resolution. For those who wanna know my specs:

I7 4770k CPU

16GB RAM

EVGA GTX 970 GPU

This would be great if I didn't play on ultrawide monitors and have to have a 21:9 ratio to keep from having black bars on the side of the screen. If I were to drop to 1280X1024 I would lose literally have the viewing area I normally have.

I have

i7 8700k CPU

GTX 1080Ti EVGA SC

16Gb 3200 DDR4 RAM

And I was still not getting really good results :D

But the one thing that helped the settings out was the nvidias GeForce Experience.

Just go to games and let it optimize 7 Days :)

It saved a few frames and the game ran a bit better.

I mean I still hit 80-100FPS on 1440p and almost all high / ultra.

But it helped. A few friends did it too.

I don't have a great computer, what's more it's an FX chip that has poor IPC (and 7DtD/Unity really doesn't do FX multi core), so I accept I can't run this at full tilt, but I have to run my game with almost all settings set to minimum and a resolution of 1368x768. While that gets the game running OK(ish) out in the wild, throw in a few zombies, a PoI or a horde and I get lag spikes that will easily drop me to very low double figure FPS.

In short, reducing the resolution does help, but it's by no means a panacea - not even close.

I have

i7 8700k CPU

GTX 1080Ti EVGA SC

16Gb 3200 DDR4 RAM

And I was still not getting really good results :D

But the one thing that helped the settings out was the nvidias GeForce Experience.

Just go to games and let it optimize 7 Days :)

It saved a few frames and the game ran a bit better.

I mean I still hit 80-100FPS on 1440p and almost all high / ultra.

But it helped. A few friends did it too.

I've never really used that geforce experence thing, it really that good?

I've never really used that geforce experence thing, it really that good?

I guess it's based on your system and whether there is room for improvement. I've not got the best rig (it used to be, certainly not now) but I have achieved absolutely no noticeable improvements from any game I've "optimised" via GeForce Experience.

In fact, and this is obviously subjective to my experience, but the only reason I can see to install GE is for Shadow Play.

1920x1080 Runs 50+ fps outside or even around POIs but as soon as I enter one fps tanks to -20.

Doesn't matter highest or lowest settings.

1368x768 Runs constant 50+ with high settings, no POI lag, barely any horde night lag.

Still lags horribly when stunned\bleeding screen blur.

Game doesn't really look half bad at the lower resolution, especially with settings turned up.

Running in DX11

i7 3820 3.6ghz

GTX 670

Win 7 64bit

16gb RAM

Latest drivers from GeForce experience.

I my self have an old-ish laptop with gtx 840m and 6 gb of ram. Up until now (alpha 16) i managed to run the game (with medium to low graphics settings) just fine in 45 fps (unstable going up and down like crazy) in alpha 17 ex. in the 197 patch it was unplayable for me (stable at 22-28 fps) then suddenly in 199 patch got 30 -35 fps after i made a new map. i believe the map plays a roll to although i am not sure about that. any suggestion on getting a better fps ? what if i add same ram to my laptop ? (lets say from 6 go to 8 or 16 )

what if i add same ram to my laptop ? (lets say from 6 go to 8 or 16 )

I doubt you will get any performance gain from upgrading your ram. What you can do is run the game like you would normally and open task manager. Under the performance tab, how much ram are you using? How much is free? If you are like 80~100% then ram will help, any less than it won't help at all.

Think of RAM as a very fast hard drive, your computer takes data from the hard drive and stores it in ram to access it quickly. If you have all the files needed in it already it won't help but if you are lacking space then it will.

how much ram are you using? How much is free? If you are like 80~100% then ram will help, any less than it won't help at all.

Think of RAM as a very fast hard drive, your computer takes data from the hard drive and stores it in ram to access it quickly. If you have all the files needed in it already it won't help but if you are lacking space then it will.

yeah it runs at 90-95 % so that's why i thot the ram (an of course I can not change the graphics card) in steam page TFP sais that minimum requirements is 6gb ram 2gb vram so 8 gb probably will up a lite bit the fps

That's not lag. When you're stunned, a slow debuff is applied to you. Makes it painful to get attacks in to defend yourself.

Perhaps you are not experiencing what some of us are. Yes, it's true there is a stun debuff when being hit, but that debuff should not make my FPS readout turn yellow or red indicating low frame rate. Or is tanking our FPS the new plan for making it more difficult? LOL I think not.

This would be great if I didn't play on ultrawide monitors and have to have a 21:9 ratio to keep from having black bars on the side of the screen. If I were to drop to 1280X1024 I would lose literally have the viewing area I normally have.

If we are all configured to have the same horizontal field of view, then your ultra wide screen is not giving you an ultra wide view. In fact you're getting less. A screen with a 3:4 aspect ratio will cover the same area on the horizontal plane, but will have almost double the vertical area that your 21:9 screen gives, so your widescreen may be costing you an area of the ground and the sky... which might make it harder for you to find nests and stones, and harder to avoid snakes and vultures.

That's not lag. When you're stunned, a slow debuff is applied to you. Makes it painful to get attacks in to defend yourself.

It is lag. -Framerate- tanks when the screen effect is applied. I am using a modified buffs.xml that gets rid of the screen effect, and I no longer suffer a drop in FPS but keep the slowdown effect.

A friend visited during the holiday. Her laptop was so laggy (about 3 to 5 seconds) that it was unplayable. One of the first things I checked was screen resolution, it was set to 3k x 2k... She noted that she and her husband use it. Anyway I dropped the resolution down to 1080, much better at about 1.2 second lag, definitely playable. Dropped it down further and it was definitely playable with only just about 0.8 sec lag! Even with all the bloatware running! I want to say 1200 x1024 or so - something like that - not sure but it was definitely playable but was 'more cartoonie' :)

Archived