What base defenses are we supposed to use now?

Brian9824

Tried the choke on my barn in Navezgane, the zambies didnt fall for it, had to came outside, but with never run and scavenge was to easy, here some shots of the barn :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25592[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25593[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25594[/ATTACH]

make sure that the easiest way is the choke point. if its easier and faster to break through a wall they will! We had upgraded flagstone walls 3 thick :p so the easiest path to us was to walk around to the front and through the hallway.

There are way more effective designs out there, but i don't want to reveal them, because they will just get removed/patched.

In any case, here is my basic 7 day horde night. It held up fine. (Solo, Nomad and other default zombie settings)

https://imgur.com/g1fbNkq

I can't ever figure out how to actually post a picture. when i try to post the link from imgur, it gives me an error, so just click to see.

7days20181124111149_1.jpg.2ef95f06bce06317e5d21b883cacd76f.jpg

Yeah thats part of the problem, those 2 combined are overkill. Plus zombies don't have collision, so you can have 15 zombies in 1 spot hammering the same block where as there should only be 1-2 zombies able to hit that block realistically.

This could be great exploit on player side... u just w8 for all of them to gather around and drop down couple of pipe bombs and problem solved.

Problem with defending right now is also that explosives doesn't do damage to zombies. We are limited to guns ( SMG nice damage now ), melee and bows.

3 - 5 explosive bolts into regular zombie till it died while testing. once we get closer to stable build with everything working I can already see chopping those zombies down in masses.

I think part of the problem is with the improved AI. They will now path to a singular point, and punch thru your defenses. So even if you had 200 spikes around your base they are going to attack the same 10 and punch thru meaning your other 190 are wasted.

Yes. However, if you give the zombies a path 200 blocks long, with all those spikes, they will use that path, and

in the end, not ONE single spike wasted.

At least in theory, i am not sure if they will calculate a path 200 blocks long. Probaly a lot less. Point is,

with a bit of planning and testing, we'll waste far less spikes then in A16.

My limited testing also show they have serious problem jumping one block high if there is a barbed wire

fence in front of it. However, they can, and will, jump atop of each other to bypass this, and the barbed

wire fence don't last forever. While the barbed wire fence don't do much damage, it slows them down

quite lot, making beating them easier.

I created 16 2x2 columns of upgraded flagstone (placed 4x4) with 3 blocks inbetween for spacing. At the bottom i placed multitude of wooden spikes (will use metal spikes in the future). All of the columns survived, but none of the spikes on my 14th day horde. It would be all nice if it wasn't for the cops and radiated zombies, as well as errors popping into the console making the game crash a couple times...

Seriously though... i advanced like 4 or 5 levels during that night and still had trouble killing off all of the Zs at the end. If this is how the game "progresses" then surely i will not be killing so many Zs between the 7DHordes, because that Gamestage is way too OP for my taste...

Yeah thats part of the problem, those 2 combined are overkill. Plus zombies don't have collision, so you can have 15 zombies in 1 spot hammering the same block where as there should only be 1-2 zombies able to hit that block realistically.

If zombies don't have collision, how are they jumping on/over each other and standing on each other?

Zombies experience a quantum effect when attacking doors in which an infinite number of objects may occupy the same space at the same time in the same dimension. This effectively enables them to wield the power of the kraken and destroy blocks, doors, and worlds.

Archived