Paint. WTF?

Shiana

Sorry, but thats just an immersion breaking inconvenience. A real WTF Moment so to say.

I wanted to style my home, with the paint-brush, and what do i see? all the paints from a16 have been replaced with the run-down textures from a17. Yeah, quite logical from that point of view. But.....why the heck is it not possible to add clean colors only to the painting tool? painting rust? painting colored concrete with color that already has seen 200 years and breaks of the wall and looks rundown? painting moldy walls? Sorry, but thats cheap. Those textures should be disabled in the painting tool completely, and replaced against fresh colors. Like the a16 concrete colors.

• 6 months later...

I do'NT think those distressed textures should be disabled since they serve several immersion purposes, but I am surprised to learn that we can't paint with bright new paints?...

-Morloc

{Edited to fix the key word "don't" above}

Right now, the painting serves the purpose to create a prefabs.

If disable some of them - then for creators it will not be available.

I hope this is temporary. And later - texture sets to be separated for creatorss and players.

Anyhow it was more about making a nice set of themed textures that looked good in the ways that we use them. All those old concretes were simple placeholders I put in until we could finish them, and some may be a WIP. We can probably make some more not so crusty textures for players to use, and will probably make it easier to add more new textures.

I hope to get some more pristine textures for base builders to paint with so our forts don't feel like there is mold growing in there. If not a mod can do it I'm sure once we get to workshop.

So, madmole has commented about it, but I don't think it will be happening soon. They just have too much other stuff going on right now this is really important involving the gameplay mechanics, balancing, and optimizations. I'm sure we'll get them eventually after all this bigger stuff is worked out in A18 and A19.

If they make it easy with mods down the road, that's cool too.

Either way, in a year or so, I know I will bring it up again. Just not now.

If they make it easy with mods down the road, that's cool too.

That's the best solution imho. Make it easy to mod textures in, and the community will in time have hundreds of different texture mods people can choose to install to paint their bases in ways TFP wouldn't have even dreamed of.

Archived