Telltale Games going out of business

Rdrake420

How do you mean? What will happen to people playing on XBox?

Worst case, the MD5 issue on the XBox won't get fixed. Although Microsoft could decide to switch to a file system that's been stable since 1993, and standard since 2000. Given that they didn't already start using it on a console made in 2013, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath for it.

Worst case, the MD5 issue on the XBox won't get fixed. Although Microsoft could decide to switch to a file system that's been stable since 1993, and standard since 2000. Given that they didn't already start using it on a console made in 2013, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath for it.

Doesn't PS4 have the MD5 error anymore?

THIS ppl need to tell the dif between publishers and developers

I fully understand the difference.. my concern was the future of the console version of the game.. i cant afford a pc for this game and would like to see more updates :)

This game has a cult following and i would like to continue being a part of this cult lol

It hasn't been an issue on PS4 in a long time, except perhaps as a rare occurrence.

Even then it was still a rare occurrence no more then it is now. Know several people I play with myself included that has had the game on console from day 1 or very close to it and out of all of us it only happened once and that was because the host had a corrupted ps4 it turned out. Some (not all) of the issues from ps4 if it happens is from the player not the game from what the reports turned out. Unlike xbox where it doesn't matter what you do it will most likely happen.

I fully understand the difference.. my concern was the future of the console version of the game.. i cant afford a pc for this game and would like to see more updates :)

This game has a cult following and i would like to continue being a part of this cult lol

Trust me, the cult will go on. This game is way too popular and fun for someone not to pick up.

Even then it was still a rare occurrence no more then it is now. Know several people I play with myself included that has had the game on console from day 1 or very close to it and out of all of us it only happened once and that was because the host had a corrupted ps4 it turned out. Some (not all) of the issues from ps4 if it happens is from the player not the game from what the reports turned out. Unlike xbox where it doesn't matter what you do it will most likely happen.

I've been playing since it come to consoles too and while I've had my fair share of bugs, I've never experienced the MD5 - I went through a lot of crashes early on, especially when playing online but its been so stable for such a long time now. It's such a shame that the players on Xbox are having s much trouble.

Now it's a good opportunity to see if TellTales was a company caring of their players or only a sub-contractor caring only for their partners.

TellTales interactive games were a contract with Netflix, so there is no point of discussing them here.

7DTD console was a game for players, so :

- if TellTale do cares of their player base, we will have an official word in the next days clarifying what will be (and will not be) done on 7DTD. No matter how hard the decision may (and will) sound, it will cancel any uncertainty and doubt and settle things for good.

- if TellTales doesn't care about their player base, the company will disband without a word. (aka "players are left behind" and "players, get lost !").

--------------------

Edit :

The Fun pimps made a statement : the console version will continue

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87501-Telltale-Layoffs

THIS ppl need to tell the dif between publishers and developers

oh yeah. where does this guy produce proof that Telltale games doesn't own the sole rights to distribution on console? definatly not from the fun pimps?

THIS is fake news. I'd like to see some real information.

- - - Updated - - -

SylenThunder is right, please don't panic.

Sometimes publishers owns Intellectual Property and Copyrights of the games they publish, it seems it is not the case for TellTales with 7DTD.

So wait and see ... and smash a few zombies heads meanwhile !

PS : and the unofficial word : please read carefully, nothing official here)

https://www.brunerhouse.com/blog/2018/9/21/telltale-closure

This is what im talking about, where you get the "this is not the case" quote your ♥♥♥♥ please, people need to just stop saying ♥♥♥♥. How the ♥♥♥♥ do you publish something you don't have the sole publishing rights for?! jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me, the cult will go on. This game is way too popular and fun for someone not to pick up.

If life were rainbows and unicorns sure. If any wise businessmen were to look into the franchise, they may think elsewise. Who wants to pick up a extremly neglected slow ported version of a popular game, that's like becoming the president after trump, its gonna be a huge clean up.

I'd love to think this is all going to be roses and fairies, but realistically, I dont see console version going anywhere now, until the main game goes gold. it's gonna be dead in the water. Not to mention all the legal costs and battles that may be coming up for the fun pimps.

Proof of "fake news" ? (except for an outdated website) ...

Edit :

Don't get me wrong, I would really like hearing those are fake news, and 7DTD is not hindered in any way by a company closure. But we need an official statement at this point.

As a player, I would like to thank TFP for their statement, we console players of 7DTD will be backed up as much as possible by TFP, it's a good news.

Thanks to TFP, we won't go into another Dragon Fin Soup-like mess.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/15/creators-dragon-fin-soup-cant-fix-playstation-versions/

Everyone's an expert all the time, especially That Guy On The Internet.

The inconvenient truth is that rights and licenses are far less simple than "you must have exclusive rights to everything before you can publish anything".

To my knowledge TTG has the license to some bits of the entire "TWD thing" but not others.

Just an example.

You will be notified when there is something tangible to post. Right now there isn't.

So keep cool and drink legal beverages.

Honestly, i see this as a bad thing for fun pimps. The fact that they chose to do business with this company, regardless if they knew how bad they were performing or not. People are going to lose hope in the 7 days franchise now that this has happened. RIP console version..... soon followed by PC version if they keep pushing back the updates... which focus more on updating content instead of fixing bugs

Honestly, i see this as a bad thing for fun pimps. The fact that they chose to do business with this company, regardless if they knew how bad they were performing or not. People are going to lose hope in the 7 days franchise now that this has happened. RIP console version..... soon followed by PC version if they keep pushing back the updates... which focus more on updating content instead of fixing bugs

I’m so glad you’re here to focus on the doom and gloom. Where is your crystal ball?

Do you think TFP would know of TT financial issues 2-3 years ago when they partnered?

How many years have people been preaching of TFP demise and their epic failure? But yet... people are still here, playing their game...

Everyone's an expert all the time, especially That Guy On The Internet.

The inconvenient truth is that rights and licenses are far less simple than "you must have exclusive rights to everything before you can publish anything".

To my knowledge TTG has the license to some bits of the entire "TWD thing" but not others.

Just an example.

You will be notified when there is something tangible to post. Right now there isn't.

So keep cool and drink legal beverages.

Legal drinks, cmon now, we gotta have some fun somehow

Alpha is for content, Beta is for Bugs, Gold is for DLC. (The guys at Ark could never figure this process out for some reason.:strawberry:)

No no those guys from ark and the one from a few post back are the right ones everyone else is wrong. *cough cough* :)

You know because it makes more sense to work on bugs with no content and then add content then it does to work on content then bugs ;)

Archived