Telltale Games going out of business

Rdrake420

No no those guys from ark and the one from a few post back are the right ones everyone else is wrong. *cough cough* :)

You know because it makes more sense to work on bugs with no content and then add content then it does to work on content then bugs ;)

As a software developer who works in another industry all togethor the Alpha = Content and Beta = fixes and optimization is right. It doesn't mean that you don't fix some bugs and do some optimization while in alpha, but its not the focus. The goal is to get the content added as fast as possible, and then when you go to beta its all about the bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

the rules said you can't sell a dlc from a game preview program. well they did which shows that the ark team are scum bags

Well they also had to settle for an undisclosed sum for breaching non-compete agreements/

As a software developer who works in another industry all togethor the Alpha = Content and Beta = fixes and optimization is right. It doesn't mean that you don't fix some bugs and do some optimization while in alpha, but its not the focus. The goal is to get the content added as fast as possible, and then when you go to beta its all about the bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Well they also had to settle for an undisclosed sum for breaching non-compete agreements/

that does not help the early players who bought a game in progress. no we were lied to.

I figured we wouldn't get a patch for the MD5 bug anyway. Cant remember the last time 7 days to die had a console update. I took a break how long ago after my third MD5 bug on same map. Cant remember how many days I was in there with bases and outposts and miles of tunnels going all over the map. 7 days to die was a good game. But that MD5 bug is a deal breaker for XBOX1 players.

- - - Updated - - -

Well of course. You have to have it at least playable so you know what to work on and what needs added and balanced. Not sure why I'm even explaining this maybe my messages didn't come across as laughter as it did in my head *shrugs*

Alpha and the beta isn't much difference now days. Alpha is the earliest access to big time youtubers. While the rest of us masses get in the beta. Beta is no turning back for major fixes. People always preach oh its the beta this and that will be fixed. Heck look at Battlefield V now. Most are skipping that game now. This day in age most devs throw anything out for a quick cash grab then move on. Heck look a UBISOFT and FAR CRY 5. They wont even add any new game modes. lol

Archived