1 Day to Repair

Herakles

Hello,

Could you spend just ONE little day in the next month to fix 2 major problems ?

1- Create a server setting option : "Containers demolition create a backpack" 0=Yes 1=No

(In purpose to remove the duplication glitch)

2- Create a server setting option : "Random Generation of Trading outpost" 0=Yes 1=No

(Trading outposts are mostly a problem because of money dupli)

Thx.

H.

I'm not sure about the 1st problem, but the second one could definitely be adjusted in the config files. You could do it in the rwgmixer.xml, you could say where and how often they spawn if at all. You could also adjust the prefab xmls to set conditions for trader spawns.

I'm sure you can turn the traders off in the xml files. I've also seen mods that solve the duplication bug on corpses.

You can probably get some assistance in the mod section of this forum...

If you're worried about being pushed to the modded category on the server list. Then know that, having an option to set it in the game, is no guarantee that you wont end in the modded section. Just try setting day length to 90min and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I dont think you are going to see any update of any kind from TFP until A17 gets released. I think they are under a lot of pressure to get that done.

No, I dont touch the game files, I want the game to stay clean and official.

People dont like traders cause they unbalance the progression in multi, you can get PVP weapons, or PVE tools that boost you to much...

The xmls are basically the server options that you are asking for anyway. They are configuration files that the devs put in to make the game about as customizable as a person could want. Just because you can't adjust them from the game's main menu doesn't mean that they aren't supposed to be adjusted as needed.

The xmls are basically the server options that you are asking for anyway. They are configuration files that the devs put in to make the game about as customizable as a person could want. Just because you can't adjust them from the game's main menu doesn't mean that they aren't supposed to be adjusted as needed.

Agreed.

I never quite got that whole

"I play vanilla.... no MODDING here..." stuff

While I respect everyone's choice to play the game how they want, there's some kinda stigma about modding I think.

Whatever...... mod if you want.... don't if you don't.

~Lucky

Working-Castle-Tribute-to-A16-Plus-bonus-tips-video

Agreed.

I never quite got that whole

"I play vanilla.... no MODDING here..." stuff

While I respect everyone's choice to play the game how they want, there's some kinda stigma about modding I think.

Whatever...... mod if you want.... don't if you don't.

~Lucky

I don't think that I would even consider adjusting the config files to be modding. Changing the dlls or adding in custom content, that would be modding. You can use the configs to do a lot in this game though, I even used them to make all female players start the game topless with a thong. It was mostly just a joke on my wife as she is real modest about stuff like that.

We dont care about traders anyway, they are a problem ONLY if people can duplicate money.

So, only the main question remain, there is any official server options to disable the duplication ?

If no, could TheFunPimps team do his job and fix that please ?

Or, if they havent programers competent enough to fix it, could them remove the patch ??

H.

We dont care about traders anyway, they are a problem ONLY if people can duplicate money.

So, only the main question remain, there is any official server options to disable the duplication ?

Or, if they havent programers competent enough to fix it, could them remove the patch ??

H.

Your not going to get much sympathy by insulting the developers. Anyways the game is an alpha state, so bugs are going to exist. The issues regarding the duplication is also far more complicated then your thinking. If it was easy to remove they wouldn't just add an option to enable/disable it.

This game is not designed to be competitive or a PvP game.

If you're players are duplicating items, they are cheating, why not ban them? Why not use a server manager to jail their character? There are options without modding the xmls. What you think is a one day request for the devs might not be. They'd have to stop working on A17 to add in a couple of menu config options which are already obtainable via tweaking the xmls. If I were a dev and one person asked me for two "small" things and they had no sense of how things work, I would ignore the request because I already have a way to change it.

They devs listen to a lot of our requests to add things into the game, things many people have asked for or will enjoy. By far this dev team and community are the most involved in any indie game I've seen.

Luckystar what ppl are complaining about with the traders is if ur smart and lucky XD you can have an auger and chainsaw within the first week where as it would normally take u 2-5 times that on average

I see, that's a concern I suppose.

Not to mention, with the sale price of Drawbridges, it's easy to become a millionaire quickly.

Well if someone want's to complain about Traders and at the same time snub their nose at "Modders"....

... I don't really see a solution in the near future.

TFP aren't going to be making any HUGE adjustments to economy until all the economy features are in.

We've got NPC colonies coming for sure and that means even more variables so....

~Lucky

Why exactly are people disliking the Traders anyway?

~Lucky

1. Envy - Somebody got items faster and better then me? That guy bought purple pickaxe, but I may craft only green? Thats wrong!!!!!

2. Poor judgment - Only my way of crafting and mining are true way to play. Use trader? Heretic! Burn him!

3. Conservatism - This game about building huge defended base, fill it with workstation, little explore for required resources and items cant be crafted. See? There's no point for traders, just wasting time, better craft somethind useful, and place one more row of spikes around base

1. Envy - Somebody got items faster and better then me? That guy bought purple pickaxe, but I may craft only green? Thats wrong!!!!!

2. Poor judgment - Only my way of crafting and mining are true way to play. Use trader? Heretic! Burn him!

3. Conservatism - This game about building huge defended base, fill it with workstation, little explore for required resources and items cant be crafted. See? There's no point for traders, just wasting time, better craft somethind useful, and place one more row of spikes around base

Hehehe... glad someone else out there is a little tongue and cheek about this as well.

If it weren't for Traders there's no way I'd have built my Castle.

Having time to mine AND build large projects takes it toll.

Nice to have somewhere to gather a few things I'd rather not have to scavenge at times.

I like Traders. I edit the XML so they sell the things I want them to.

I guess for the "Vanilla" folks that's sacrilege.

Bah.... play the way you want I say.

~Lucky

H.

It isn't just something they can make an easy patch for, it means they will have to rewrite a small snipped of code that handles the update between container activation and destruction that is been in game since the start.

Since its been there so long there are a lot of dependencies in other later parts of the code that also will automatically will change and have to be rewritten what will cause other dependencies in other parts of the code do unexpected things and they have to be rewritten too.

So just an example changing the dub on money can have impact on how you craft frames or how campfires work because whole sections of code for containers will have been changed making something that looks simple something that can take months.

Also workarounds that can fix things fast have problems like not being able to store, will fix the problem with chest but you have to carry all.

Making containers indestructible while activated has it's own problems by requiring loads of time to make.

No, I dont touch the game files, I want the game to stay clean and official.

People dont like traders cause they unbalance the progression in multi, you can get PVP weapons, or PVE tools that boost you to much...

those game files are there so if YOU dont like the way their game is setup you can change it. you want the devs to make their game based on your tastes, well tough cookie on that one. If you dont like their game edit the xmls and go modded, or use a server side mod like csmm patrons mod and kill all the traders.

those game files are there so if YOU dont like the way their game is setup you can change it. you want the devs to make their game based on your tastes, well tough cookie on that one. If you dont like their game edit the xmls and go modded, or use a server side mod like csmm patrons mod and kill all the traders.

Yup see, that's the stuff I was mentioning before.

Some players really stick it to the "Modders".

It's always passive-aggressive stuff but it's there none the less.

[sigh]

Some people really think they're better than others because they play "clean".

What does that give you anyway?

Like it's harder?

Gimme a break!

The Zeds I have kick the crap out of Radiated Cops and Wights.

So... if it's not harder ... then what ....?

What are they getting at?

~Lucky

Archived