Help Taking over POI

Drareh

Hey survivors,

I need your help :

- I discovered a missile-launching base, and thought it could make a over-badass HQ

- i switched to "no zombie" mod in order to upgrade EVERY concret bloc to reinforced ones and to put a bed in the middle(i edited the xml to have a 25 radius)

- I went to blocks.xml to the "concret terrain" line, and edited the "canmobsspawnon" to "false"

- but then, when i switched back to normal spawning mod: well...Zombies DO spawn into the base, despite what i've tried :'(

Any idea ?

thanks

Sleeper volumes are stored in the chunk, and you may find the blocks either painted and not the block you think they are, or you've added the line to the wrong block. Or, my first guess, once the sleeper volume is set it doesn't give a crap about rules.

Pretty much what Guppy said.

Sleeper spawns ignore the canspawnon value because they're actually blocks sitting on top of other blocks. The best way to get rid of sleeper spawns is basically to fill every empty area with wood frames so you're "over writing" the sleeper blocks that are there, and even that isn't 100% guaranteed to work.

Sleeper spawns ignore the canspawnon value because they're actually blocks sitting on top of other blocks. The best way to get rid of sleeper spawns is basically to fill every empty area with wood frames so you're "over writing" the sleeper blocks that are there, and even that isn't 100% guaranteed to work.

This.

If you can somehow identify all the sleeper spawn points, you can cover them with full blocks, to end their spawn.

But its clunky, and clearly not ment to be possible.

Since it sounds like this is a user made POI, it may be a better idea to find the POI files, or ask the author for them. Then you could remove the sleeper spawn points using an editor, and spawn the sleeper free POI anywhere you want.

Forum user Pille made an excellent editor! I'm not sure it still works, but I hope so. Cuz it was so easy to use.

Ok thanks; is it possible to fill the entire base with frame, and then remove them ? Will the spawners be gone or back ?

It should be possible.

I make no guarantee's it will get rid of all the sleepers. It SHOULD, but I've only done it on the "forge house" POI. That worked fine.

What?

So you filled the place with frames, and when you removed them, no more sleepers?

I did a test in a ranger station a while back, because I knew all the sleeper spawn locations.

I found that plates or half blocks do not work, but full blocks do.

However, if I removed the full blocks, and came back a while later, the sleepers are back.

You sure it wasn't just you bag stopping the spawns?

What?

So you filled the place with frames, and when you removed them, no more sleepers?

I did a test in a ranger station a while back, because I knew all the sleeper spawn locations.

I found that plates or half blocks do not work, but full blocks do.

However, if I removed the full blocks, and came back a while later, the sleepers are back.

You sure it wasn't just you bag stopping the spawns?

It could've been... but yeah. I filled the place with full wood frames and had no sleepers at all.

But I have had sleeper spawns with the bag, even though you're not supposed to. :)

They cannot distinguish between glass and non-transparent material.

...the trigger zones seem to be much larger than the actual volumes.

Example:

zNOOE7F.jpg

I've added an 1x1 sleeper volume inside the glass box but as soon as the player crosses the pink line a zombie will spawn. Thus, sleeper volumes consist of two zones, the spawn zone (visible in zombie and ingame editor) and the trigger zone (not visible in the editors and 4 or 5 blocks bigger than the spawn zone (only in horizontal direction)). This effect renders a lot of my volumes useless. :(

The first issue, however, is much worse. I have no clue what to do against volumes that simply don't work. Any ideas or tips?

I’ve stickied this thread to answer frequently asked questions and consolidate our knowledge on zombie spawning.

Thanks for this Crater!

Hmm, looking over your chart...

So sleeper spawns overwritten with blocks, will only reactivate on reload of game (if block is also gone).

This actually fits nicely with what I have found. When I left the full blocks in place, the spawns didn't happen anymore.

But when I removed them, the sleepers came back.

I can't remember if I reloaded in between, but I'd say theres a good chance I did just that.

So... You can only stop sleepers spawning in a POI by permanently placing full blocks on their spawn points.

Or... Use the sleeping bag. But as KhaineGB has mentioned, sleepers sometimes spawn anyway, despite of the bag. Small bug I guess...

Archived