exporting base from A16 to A17

Gazz has mentioned that the block converter will ship with the prefab editor, so I /assume/ it'll be something like a "load prefab in the editor, get a message saying it's an old version and would you like to convert" kind of thing.

Here's to hoping.

I highly doubt that their editor will cover all relevant usage scenarios, even if they considerably improve the ingame editor (see your latest feature request ^^). However, I'll possibly refrain from implementing a 3d view and a world editor (long-term goals) if the pimp's version is really nice. Not sure atm.

Roadmap (A16 + A17):

There will be a few more quality of life updates, a new custom brush tool and randomly generated prefabs.

• 3 months later...

Any blocks to avoid?

In addition to the general 16-17 question I was wondering if Gazz has any blocks that will contain physics changes or removed completely? I want to avoid as many problems as possible when transferring from A16 to A17.

When it was announced that the plains biome will be removed, I figured plains ground blocks should better not be used anymore, though they might still be part of the new desert biome.. but yeah, seems mostly a guessing game right now for us prefabbers. They increased the block ID limit, and there might be tons of existing blocks switching their IDs too (see removal of adobe from A15->16).

Which is why I don't do any more for now, except mayyybe finish one of 3 larger projects I started.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived