Beakers, again.

RagefulShrimp

Day 63+, got 2 beakers, lost them because of destroying a middle block under the chem station and not expected it to not use other two blocks as a support. Seems like a bug right? So now at the endgame stage I have an auger, ak, sniper, rocket launcher, full set of mil armor, 100k cash, 6-10 solar panels, 100+ level, tons of antibiotics from looting popnpills and zero beakers.

Does this situation sounds like it shouldn't be happening? 2 beakers after 100+ levels?

It's understandable why is it hard to create a beaker from nowhere as you have nothing to compare the volume with precise enough. But after finding first why can't you use it to make a copy?

Will something like this be implemented in future?

P.S. also zero sledgehammer schematic in any of my games. Can't make an iron cylinder on a stick.

I think you just have extreme bad luck. In each Pop'n'Pill shop usually I find 1-2 bakers, when exploring city with minibike I found 7 bakers in one real hour, just checking all places where pills containers presents - Pop'N'Pills, Large Pop'n'Pills centers, small markets, large Shamways back rooms, small Pop'n'Pills shops, Pills houses.

Yes, its rare enough, but you dont need many Chem Stations.

I think you just have extreme bad luck. In each Pop'n'Pill shop usually I find 1-2 bakers, when exploring city with minibike I found 7 bakers in one real hour, just checking all places where pills containers presents - Pop'N'Pills, Large Pop'n'Pills centers, small markets, large Shamways back rooms, small Pop'n'Pills shops, Pills houses.

Yes, its rare enough, but you dont need many Chem Stations.

Also there is the Chemical Lab sky-crapper... on my last visit to one of this (changed my base and started to build a chemstation) i've found 5 beakers only on this POI.

At the level of precision you need for making gunpowder, biofuel or fertilizer a set of measuring cups would be fine. Heck a tablespoon and single cup measure would work at a pinch. How many houses don't have a standard kitchen measure graduated for small fractions of cups and ounces. Or in the civilized world (excluding the U.S., Liberia and I believe Burma) litres and millimetres?

At the level of precision you need for making gunpowder, biofuel or fertilizer a set of measuring cups would be fine. Heck a tablespoon and single cup measure would work at a pinch. How many houses don't have a standard kitchen measure graduated for small fractions of cups and ounces. Or in the civilized world (excluding the U.S., Liberia and I believe Burma) litres and millimetres?

It's about game balance, not realism.

As others have stated, Beakers are common in Supply Crate drops, the Pill Store, and Chemical Lab in the Pharmaceutical Tower POI. Because of RNG sometimes it may take visiting several to roll 2 beakers.

In vanilla, with the default setting of an airdrop every 3 days, I’ve accumulated lots of beakers - so many that for ComSenMod I reapportioned rare medicine so that first aid kits were more common than beakers. They can technically be found wherever regular medicine loot is found, including some zombies. But since you have plenty of money, I would keep hitting the traders.

My games are without airdrops and loot respawn.

Bad luck then. It's disappointing you have to skip all the stores except for medicine related for several days because of bad luck. Feels like a korean mmo. Abandoned game for some time because it's the only thing stops me from progressing further.

(...)

It's understandable why is it hard to create a beaker from nowhere as you have nothing to compare the volume with precise enough. But after finding first why can't you use it to make a copy?

Will something like this be implemented in future?

I really hope not.

This development of making everything craftable in your base contributes to killing long games, since you have to go out and find stuff only once and then at some point barely have to leave your base to interact with the world (looting,trading).

And it makes trading (with NPC or other players alike) almost pointless. Right now beakers and solar cells are actually somewhat valuable (unlike the infinite supply of duke tokens introduced with NPC traders). Same argument for brass, imo. I see people asking for/ modding in copper and zinc ores and I already know the value of bullets is going to be void with that.

I guess this is one of those cases where different playstyles and game settings collide and it will come down to modding or additional vanilla options settings to accomodate them...

If I can't find a beaker as container loot or an airdrop, I usually loot them from a nurse.

Lab equipment crates, Medicine cabinets in any bathroom, pill case in a pharmacy, maybe even trash...

And at one point I made a recipe to craft them at a forge. They aren't much different than a glass jar so I copied the entry and changed the name.

I'd really like to just be able to have a decent chance of getting an ingredient, like a beaker, back when wrenching down a crafting station. And I'd also like to be able to repair "destroyed" crafting stations wherever you find them.

Archived