FennecMod - Deadly Ferals, Rad Zeds, Specializations, Ore Processing and More

mdf25

First, I took off my already produced armor - and did not count .... Then I made it on a bench - and did not count ...

This situation was observed in version 1.0.

And yet, playing before, in the miner quest 3.4 one of the tasks was to craft 10 forged steel. I already had 10 forged steel. But it was not counted. I craft in the Forge alloy 10 forged steel. Took it from there - did not count. I put another 10 forged steel to craft in forge alloy and each time took one forged steel - and started count...

First, I took off my already produced armor - and did not count .... Then I made it on a bench - and did not count ...

This situation was observed in version 1.0.

And yet, playing before, in the miner quest 3.4 one of the tasks was to craft 10 forged steel. I already had 10 forged steel. But it was not counted. I craft in the Forge alloy 10 forged steel. Took it from there - did not count. I put another 10 forged steel to craft in forge alloy and each time took one forged steel - and started count...

Ahhh I see, so you're still on the 1.0 version? Interesting... I'll have to see what's up with that although I think most are now playing on 1.1 :) I shall see if I can fix that one, though i haven't seen that happen before.

Loving the mod so far! I'm having a blast playing myself and watching Dragonnes on Twitch. The one thing I changed thou is added bigger backpack (72 slots). With so many additional things VS vanilla it's just adds wrong kind of busy work IMO. Now I can actually enjoy traveling, looting, playing game. And have full backpack worth of goodies when I get home.

Few more minor issues:

- challenge_thatlldopig quest still has "animalBoar,animalBoarAggressive"

- Honey recipe for kitchen worktable is incorrect:

<recipe name="foodHoney" count="1" craft_area="kitchenWorkbench" craft_time="30">

Think it should be:

<recipe name="foodHoney" count="1" craft_area="kitchen_workbench" craft_time="30">

I put another 10 forged steel to craft in forge alloy and each time took one forged steel - and started count...

With all the quests that require you to craft something in a station, you HAVE TO be inside that station (have it's window open) when it's crafting, or it will not count. This is the way vanilla works unfortunately.

Loving the mod so far! I'm having a blast playing myself and watching Dragonnes on Twitch. The one thing I changed thou is added bigger backpack (72 slots). With so many additional things VS vanilla it's just adds wrong kind of busy work IMO. Now I can actually enjoy traveling, looting, playing game. And have full backpack worth of goodies when I get home.

Few more minor issues:

- challenge_thatlldopig quest still has "animalBoar,animalBoarAggressive"

- Honey recipe for kitchen worktable is incorrect:

<recipe name="foodHoney" count="1" craft_area="kitchenWorkbench" craft_time="30">

Think it should be:

<recipe name="foodHoney" count="1" craft_area="kitchen_workbench" craft_time="30">

I could never get the big bag to work for me. Guess I just was doing it wrong. Always something breaking if not the forge it was the grocery bags.

So it appears none of the buffs and debuffs work for the extra classes past the initial 3. This makes no sense. The buffs and debuffs just don't work early/late game. Let alone classes like researcher that has no buffs at all, just extra upgrade points.

This was done purposefully. The choices you make in the beginning are stuck with you for the rest of the game. The other classes are for extra recipes and to allow you to max out your perk points in other locked skill trees if you want to get the final points. That is the purpose of the secondary classes.

Except nowhere does it say as such. Neither in game, nor on the forum.

Gotcha - Here's the bit about secondary classes posted on page 9 in the thread. Must have been a couple months ago but this has always been how secondary classes have been.

Secondary Classes

You guys really wanted to unlock ALL the things! So, now that we have the classes in I have made secondary classes that you can now unlock and take.

What's a secondary class and how does it differ to the first 3 you get?

- Secondary classes are unlocked later on in the game. There are 20 secondary classes just like the normal ones.

- Secondary classes have the exact same questline as the first classes, however they are more demanding to complete.

- Secondary classes give you 'class mastery' which is what all perks at higher levels are behind.

- Secondary classes do not give you the other buffs and debuffs.

So in a direct comparison, here's the difference between taking the builder class as a primary and secondary role:

- Primary:

Builder will gain class mastery 1 when the note is read.

Builder will gain the additional tool damage and starting health boost.

Builder will gain the debuffs.

Builder will get mastery 2 when completing the quests and unlock the quick dry concrete.

Builder will get the second tier of additional tool damage and health boost when completing the quest.

Builder will get less debuffs when completing the quest.

- Secondary

Builder will gain class mastery 1 when the note is read.

Builder will NOT gain the additional tool damage and starting health boost.

Builder will NOT gain the debuffs.

Builder will get mastery 2 when completing the quests and unlock the quick dry concrete.

Builder will NOT get the second tier of additional tool damage and health boost when completing the quest.

Builder will NOT get less debuffs when completing the quest.

Why does secondary classes not give buffs and debuffs?

This is partially for balance reasons (taking all 20 sets of buffs and debuffs will cause serious imbalance) and also partially to make your starting choices still feel relevant.

How to unlock secondary classes?

I'm not going to make it that easy... ;)

- Whilst you play through the game you will encounter research notes in some containers. Killing feral zombies and radiated zombies also give you a good chance of getting research notes as well. Get hoarding!

- If you need more research notes, you can scrap schematics for them. The amount of research notes you get depends on the rarity of the schematic.

- Complete all three of your primary class quests. Each time you complete one, you will gain 'Overall Class Mastery' You will need to get it to 3/3 in order to proceed.

- Getting Class Mastery 3/3 will unlock the research desk. Build it and place it in the world just like any other workstation.

- You can then craft your research notes into a new class paper. It will take 1000 notes to craft a secondary class.

- Read the class paper, and let your quest continue!

If you're finding the collecting of class papers grindy, your best bet is to kill the penetration tester boss. They usually drop a good handful of note fragments and later on you will find them in any place where business zombies spawn as a rare spawn. Also you'll find them in later game horde nights too so you don't constantly have to go and find new crack-a-book towers to loot.

I had a question. I downloaded the mod using the mod launcher but when I run it the vanilla game starts instead of the modded game. I run the other popular mods and they start just fine. I was wondering if there is something I missed or need to do in order to get it to run?

Gotcha - Here's the bit about secondary classes posted on page 9 in the thread. Must have been a couple months ago but this has always been how secondary classes have been.

Fair enough. Might want to update 1st or 3rd post so it's a bit easier to find. Because this was news for everyone playing this mod on Dragoness' channel, including herself.

If you're finding the collecting of class papers grindy, your best bet is to kill the penetration tester boss. They usually drop a good handful of note fragments and later on you will find them in any place where business zombies spawn as a rare spawn. Also you'll find them in later game horde nights too so you don't constantly have to go and find new crack-a-book towers to loot.

Papers are a bit grindy true, considering the need to collect thousands to unlock all skills. Also resource collection later game gets progressively worse, especially without miner class buffs.

My main issue is initial 3 class buffs are just not enough for a single player:

1. The only viable stealth weapon is a crossbow (for clubs need to get too close, which would wake most sleepers up). So must take ranger for any chances of looting late game.
  2. Must take miner class for significant harvest increase, and reduced stamina use, as power swing a must for mining. Otherwise will spend most time mining for ammo latter on.

This leaves with only 1 class between crafter, shotgun, or rifles. So either need 2-3x as many stations to compensate for 2.3x slower crafting speed, and have screamer alley next to my base but have usable weapon for the horde night. Or can craft things at decent speed, but solely relay on base defenses and high grade ammo all the time.

All other classes' buffs don't seem to be as important late game. Or just outright gimmicky. And mostly anything for early game shouldn't even be considered. It's nice to have good club and lots of stamina, but then it becomes almost irrelevant.

So with miner class mandatory, this means I must be level 100 to complete it. So no new classes at least until then.

Then there is whole processing chain of uranium that's completely locked until game stage 2600 when those penetration testers start to show up.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a question. I downloaded the mod using the mod launcher but when I run it the vanilla game starts instead of the modded game. I run the other popular mods and they start just fine. I was wondering if there is something I missed or need to do in order to get it to run?

Make sure you have selected auto-refresh in mod launcher, at least when you start mod for the first time. Just pre-sync downloads files, but does not merge them with game files copied from steam.

Can anyone point me in a better direction for farming? I made my normal 5x5 farm plot, and added forest ground blocks to it, however I seem to be having issues with "tilling" the ground with the hoe. Is it because I don't have the farming class? Or because my farming tools skill is so low? I planted several different seeds and only a few of them grew like they were on fertile ground(harvested 2 from the plant, or more if fertilized), but other blocks only gave one back...I can't actually tell what is tilled and what isn't because when you go over the lock with the hoe it just keeps "tilling", it doesn't stop like in other mods or Vanilla. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Can anyone point me in a better direction for farming? I made my normal 5x5 farm plot, and added forest ground blocks to it, however I seem to be having issues with "tilling" the ground with the hoe. Is it because I don't have the farming class? Or because my farming tools skill is so low? I planted several different seeds and only a few of them grew like they were on fertile ground(harvested 2 from the plant, or more if fertilized), but other blocks only gave one back...I can't actually tell what is tilled and what isn't because when you go over the lock with the hoe it just keeps "tilling", it doesn't stop like in other mods or Vanilla. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

This mod reverted tilling to A15 state. They way it worked there is when you tilling one block, 2 blocks on either side turn back to normal soil. In other words, you need to till every other row. Some people find it more easier to do diagonal instead.

Also you need a different tool (looks like brick laying trowel) to fertilize soil after you till it with hoe.

• 4 weeks later...
I am playing 1.1 (Stable + CompoPack)

I got an SMG finally and used it on my 21 day horde but it was giving me handgun skill up instead of rifles, why is that?

It is based on ammo type more so than gun type. SMGs like the pistol use 9mm and pistol class unlocks higher grade 9mm, so I put them in the same class together so you could have higher tier rounds. Else the rifles class would need access to 9mm and 7.62 which would make it unbalanced from the class perspective.

I used simple UI plus, but i seem unable to loot female zombies, in fact each time I kill one, it pops up a null reference error, which I suspect is being caused by simple ui light.

No idea. I used dll and suggested changes from big backpack mod thread. Had no issues for 3 in game weeks I've played it. Also tested drop on death backpack to make sure it fit all the items, including tool belt, clothes, and armor.

Archived