FennecMod - Deadly Ferals, Rad Zeds, Specializations, Ore Processing and More

mdf25

One question, who can build the Researcher Desk? We found no schematic for it and the researcher has no Skill that gives the Recipe (if it can only e made by the researcher, it makes this class a must at the start....)

and another one. Crafter quest, you need lots of uranium, but we only managed to find 6 in 70 hours playtime. maybe we have no luck in finding them or having to get 1000 is too much :D

I quote post MDF25 from the 9th page of this forum topic:

"... How to unlock secondary classes?

I'm not going to make it that easy...

- Whilst you play through the game you will encounter research notes in some containers. Killing feral zombies and radiated zombies also give you a good chance of getting research notes as well. Get hoarding!

- If you need more research notes, you can scrap schematics for them. The amount of research notes you get depends on the rarity of the schematic.

- Complete all three of your primary class quests. Each time you complete one, you will gain 'Overall Class Mastery' You will need to get it to 3/3 in order to proceed.

- Getting Class Mastery 3/3 will unlock the research desk. Build it and place it in the world just like any other workstation.

- You can then craft your research notes into a new class paper. It will take 1000 notes to craft a secondary class.

- Read the class paper, and let your quest continue!... "

So, in order to make the researcher desk, you must complete the quests for all three main classes of specialization and have 100 reseacher notes for making researcher desk. Then 1000 reasecher notes is required to select a secondary specialization class.

It was unexpected. At first I saw a reddened big woman, who poured out all around her fury. Then came the radioactive missile cops. Well at least there was a rocket launcher with missiles.

However, after the end of the night everything around was strewn with destroyed elements of the base. )

P.S. I noticed that the cell with ore already contains 6000 units and the machines and factory zombie began to have factory tools.

The auger can already be found in the loot? )

There is a shotgun with a quality level of 571, a sawed-off shotgun with a quality level of 600, AK-47 with a quality level of 562.

So the entity damage with low-grade charges:

the shotgun is 94.55, the sawed-off shotgun is 127.71, AK- 45.84.

Entity damage with charges of regular grade:

The shotgun is 178.75, the sawed-off shotgun is 242.32, the AK-56.27;

Entity damage with high grade charges:

Shotgun - 344.06, sawed-off shotgun - 466.92, AK-63.85;

Entity damage shotgun with shotgun slug- 86.07.

However, there is no specialization of shotguns and rifles.

There is a specialization of the Ranger 1 level, which reduces the damage for shotguns and rifles by 15%.

It seems that something is wrong with the damage to the shotguns). Especially for the shotgun slug.

If there was a specialization of shotguns of the 2nd level, then the damage would have to be twice as high? For a sawed-off shotgun, 800?

I think you're right about the damage - ray counts need to be reduced slightly to make them fall more in line with the rest of the group :)

And yes auger parts are now in loot and factory tools you may find rarely on a utility worker zombie. Farmer zeds have factory grade shovels, and lumberjacks have factory fireaxes.

FennecMod 1.1 Update!

Greetings! So I have been quite quiet on the update front recently however there have been some updates to FennecMod 1.1! So, here's a rundown on some new changes that have come around.

Minibike Storage!

Since bigger backpacks are already coming in A17 with unlockable perks, I am not adding this to FennecMod for A16. However, the minibike storage has been increased from 18 to 63 slots, so you now have a reason to get yourself a bike as well as for the mobility!

If you already have a minibike, you will need to completely dismantle it and then reassemble it to get the bigger storage.

Overall Block Crafting & Upgrading Overhauled

Wood Upgrade Paths

Wood blocks have now changed their upgrade paths.

Vanilla: Wood, Reinforced Wood, Iron Reinforced Wood, Scrap Iron, Reinforced Scrap Iron, Concrete, Reinforced Concrete, Steel, Reinforced Steel

Fennec: Wood, Reinforced Wood, Iron Reinforced Wood, Concrete, Reinforced Concrete, Steel, Reinforced Steel.

The change here is that metal reinforced wood blocks will now go direct to concrete rather than go through the iron stages. If you want scrap iron blocks, you need to make the scrap iron frames and then upgrade directly.

Scrap Iron Frames

Frames and shapes for the scrap iron frames are now crafted using a forge. This was changed since it was easier to get some scrap iron frames compared to wood frames, however you will now need a forge to get them (and more nails for wood frames) so you should unlock both together around the same time. This gives you the choice now of what to use: Wood, Cobble, or Iron, when you get your first forge setup properly.

Concrete Blocks

All concrete blocks are now crafted in the cement mixer rather than in the player backpack or workbench. This is so that you can always get rebar and concrete early via looting but have less options for shapes. But, the cement mixers you find in the world you'll want to use a removal kit to take back with you if you want to craft the different shapes of concrete earlier. Now cement mixers hold much greater value. You do not need concrete mixing to turn pre-existing concrete mix into blocks, only to create cement and concrete mix yourself.

Barbed Wire & Barbed Fences

Barbed wire sheets are now crafted in the forge directly rather than in the backpack. You'll need to get one set up before you can craft these. Barbed wire fences now require barbed wire sheets from the forge to craft. However, their overall health has been improved somewhat to make up for the slight cost increase in materials.

Some more stuff to do with SCIENCE!

Ever thought it was weird that the chemistry station didn't really involve much chemistry? Well now, there's more things to play with!

Zombie cops - your source of potent, corrosive acid!

Ever wondered how the zombie cops create all that puke? Well... All zombie cops (if killed successfully without detonating) will drop a corrosive acid sac when looted. This can be used in the chemistry station to make hydrochloric acid solution.

New Acids!

Hydrochloric Acid solution can be created by extracting it from corrosive acid sacs on a chemistry station. It is highly corrosive and can be used for creating some quite deadly things later.

Nitric Acid solution can be created on a chemistry station (though you may need to get a purification plant set up first). Like hydrochloric acid solution, it is quite corrosive though you'll need larger quantities to achieve the same effects.

Sulfuric Acid solution can be created on a chemistry station or extracted from car batteries by using a workbench. You can use sulfuric acid currently to craft your own car batteries, though it will be used also in creating reinforced steel upgrades later.

New Arrow & Crossbow Bolt types

Now bows and crossbows become much, much more useful later on in game! Lots of new types of ammo have been added for these now.

Flaming Arrows & Crossbow Bolts: The crossbow now has access to the flaming bolt, which means both the bow and crossbow now can use these rounds. Flaming arrows and bolts are also now AoE, and will also set nearby targets on fire as well as the one that is directly hit (though the one directly hit will take the most damage)

Exploding Arrows & Crossbow Bolts: Now the bow has access to exploding arrows, which means both the bow and crossbow now can use these rounds. Exploding arrows act just like exploding crossbow bolts do, so if you're a user of the compound bow, you now get the explosive rounds to help expand your arsenal.

Electropulse Arrows & Crossbow Bolts: If you have zombies that are just moving a little too fast, it's time to get yourself some electropulse arrows! These have a small AoE and will stun the target hit to 10% movement speed for 20 seconds, whilst nearby will be stunned to 30% movement speed for 10 seconds. The damage from electrocution however is low and this is more of a stun type round to hold enemies in place to help you dispatch them easier.

Corrosive Arrows & Crossbow Bolts: Use the acids you get to make corrosive arrows! These arrows will cause any radiated zombies to permanently lose any healing buffs, making them vulnerable to being killed. Each time you shoot a corrosive arrow into a zombie the effect and potency increases, and up to 5 arrows can be shot into a zed to do 200 damage per second. Rad cops will even die just before they explode, if you manage to shoot it with 5 of these! Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Fermenting Barrel - a New Workstation!

The fermenting barrel has been added which you can use to make yourself alcohols and even mouldy bread for use in antibiotics.

Blueberry Wine: Ferment blueberry juice in this station to get it.

Apple Cider: Moved from the chemistry station to this workstation.

Beer: Moved from the chemistry station to this workstation.

Mouldy Bread: You can put normal bread and murky water here to get mouldy bread.

The following alcohol drinks have good hidden effects that I'll let you discover yourself:

- Bloody Mary

- Blueberry Wine

- Apple Cider

i really like your mod Max, great work. It is growing in right direction if you ask me. Bike bigger storage is just awesome feature and going on a trip will now be more satisfying. I can loot more then to houses now :D Now I just need to find some time to try it out. Thanks Max on mod and updates. Cheers. ;)

i really like your mod Max, great work. It is growing in right direction if you ask me. Bike bigger storage is just awesome feature and going on a trip will now be more satisfying. I can loot more then to houses now :D Now I just need to find some time to try it out. Thanks Max on mod and updates. Cheers. ;)

I think a lot of people will be happier with the minibike storage :) I think it's better this way as well since the storage is now actually worth it instead of just being given it automatically at the start of the game. So, now people have a mission :D

More updates will be coming out soon :) Need to get these acid uses sorted out and how to craft the different types... and maybe some quests and things as well :D

Hi, Max!

Today noticed changes with a mini-bike. The basket changed its right position to the left. But that is not all. The open window of the mini-bike does not fit completely on the screen of my monitor. The monitor at me with the permission 1600 * 1200 and a parity of the parties 4 * 3. Is it possible to somehow fit a mini-bike window into my screen?

I can set another screen resolution for widescreen monitors, but this will also be a lower resolution and a small picture ...

I dismantled and collected a mini-bike, but everything remained in that state as I described above.

Yes, and more.

For construction on workbench HIGH HEAT FORGE, ALOYFORGEHIGHHEAT, HIGH HEAT LASER SMELTER, you only need to find books? .... I looked through several book buildings, but did not see such books ...

Hi, Max!

Today noticed changes with a mini-bike. The basket changed its right position to the left. But that is not all. The open window of the mini-bike does not fit completely on the screen of my monitor. The monitor at me with the permission 1600 * 1200 and a parity of the parties 4 * 3. Is it possible to somehow fit a mini-bike window into my screen?

Hmmm, I could see if I can make the bike window smaller. Can you send a screenshot of it so I can see where I need to take it in a little or make what squares smaller? I should be able to solve that.

I can set another screen resolution for widescreen monitors, but this will also be a lower resolution and a small picture ...

I dismantled and collected a mini-bike, but everything remained in that state as I described above.

I use mine in 1920x1080 with no issues - so it could just be a resolution setting. But I will try and fit it to your screen if you have the shot there that I can use :)

For construction on workbench HIGH HEAT FORGE, ALOYFORGEHIGHHEAT, HIGH HEAT LASER SMELTER, you only need to find books? .... I looked through several book buildings, but did not see such books ...

They are not in yet. This schematic will be unlocked via a later game quest you can get from a trader, but I have yet to implement such a quest yet :) These blocks are just placeholders but they will allow you to smelt up to 3 items at once instead of 2 once you get them and I add the quest in. It does require a lot of work though as it involves killing some zombies that only spawn on higher gamestage difficulty horde nights :)

Hmmm interesting - so it would seem that the left and right sides get choppified on a 1200 setting. But seems good on a 900.

Only thing I can think to do is to halve the size of the squares and make it 4x18 instead of 7x9. Would give more slots but could fit it in lower res screens a little better. I'm not good with UI type stuff so I'll have a tinker.

Coming soon to FennecMod 1.1

Greetings! So, coming soon to FennecMod is a lot of awesome new features! And here we go for the new changes and additions...

Small Refinery - a new workstation!

A new workstation is coming: The Small Refinery! You will be able to use this station to produce crude oil and then further refine it into gas, oil or other usable plastic products.

The Refinery is locked behind Science level 7, so you'll be over level 100 before you can purchase this or read the book that will give you the recipe. However your quest to get parts for the refinery should start way before then, since the tools you will need for it are rare and not easy to find.

The tools you'll need:

- Distillation Column: This is used to turn shale into crude oil and then further distil it into more usable forms.

- Vacuum Chamber: This is used to help shape plastic products on the refinery into other forms.

- Air-cooled Condenser: This is used to help turn crude oil into usable plastics for later refinement.

Later: A quest will be available for you to get the parts of the refinery, should you prefer doing a quest instead of trying to loot for the stuff in boxes yourself. Should be a failsafe for those bad RNG times, but it won't be easy...

The refinery can produce the following products:

- Crude Oil: This is the basic unit and is produced by simply crafting shale here. 5 shale become one crude oil.

- Gas Can: Crude oil can be refined into gas cans for further use in your power setup or minibike.

- Oil: You can refine crude oil into regular oil for use in repair kits, molotovs and other items.

- Scrap Plastic: You can create scrap plastics from crude oil. But most items that would usually require scrap plastic now require...

- Plastic Sheet: Crude oil or scrap plastics can be crafted into plastic sheets. These are now used for the majority of crafting items containing plastics. They can be found in junk and required to craft the refinery too so keep hold of them.

- Plastic Fletching: Steel arrows and crossbow bolts now require plastic fletching to craft. You can still use the feathers recipe too.

- Plastic Shell Casing: High tier shotgun shells now require a plastic shell casing which can be made only on the refinery. You may find them in the world too, rarely.

- Plastic Casing: Plastic casing is required for crafting vitamins and steroids now, rather than just scrap plastics.

Alloy Forge - Now behind a schematic

In order to make the alloy forge now, you'll need to have a schematic to craft it. It was actually super easy to get once you got your first firge up and running. It requires Tool Smithing 7 and Science 6. Whilst you can unlock steel smithing and steel tool crafting before then, you'll be able to repair steel tools you find in the world just by knowing how to craft steel tools and can still craft your own with tools you find in the world.

Loot table updates

Some various changes made to loot tables for balancing...

- New 'Jackpot' added for the 'smithing' books you can find that raise your core skills. Rarely you will find 2-3 of each book all in one container.

- Chemicals like hydrochloric acid and other things will now appear in lab equipment boxes. A quest will rely on this before you can craft your own in a future patch.

- New 'Jackpot' added for the chemical loots too. Sometimes you'll find 2-6 of every type of chemical all in a box.

- Cops always drop acid sacs if successfully killed without exploding.

- Plastic sheets and plastic shell casings added to loot in junk.

- The Art of Alloying: New schematic for the alloy forge added to the loot tables in books loot.

Trader pricing updates

Schematics were selling for way too much at traders and it was causing imbalance (when schematics end up being more expensive than AKs, you know you have some issue, right?) So, all schematic prices will be cut by about 2/3 to 3/4 of their value which means you'll be able to get them for cheaper but also sell them for less too. They are still valuable though, so worth doing for sure, but now you will have to sell a lot of them to make any huge margin off of them. This should also help balance and not get you too OP tools and loot too quickly.

Skill Book Crafting!

Now you can craft skill books using note fragments you find around the world! The following books are craftable with fragments:

- Science Book

- Tool Smithing Book

- Weapon Smithing Book

- Gun Smithing Book

- Armor Crafting Book

You can craft any of these books using 100 note fragments. However, you will be able to craft a book for as little as 50 fragments if you have access to the research desk.

I didn't come a cross that honeycomb (if remembered right) to make my own honey. Is that a drop only? Do I need to look for specific item container or maybe farmer? I em only on day 20 so maybe I didn't loot that much to get it.

And another question is regarding specialization: Where can I craft new one once I get 1000 class papers?

Will appreciate any help, thanks.

I didn't come a cross that honeycomb (if remembered right) to make my own honey. Is that a drop only? Do I need to look for specific item container or maybe farmer? I em only on day 20 so maybe I didn't loot that much to get it.

And another question is regarding specialization: Where can I craft new one once I get 1000 class papers?

Will appreciate any help, thanks.

Honeycomb is found from stumps, you may see a small colony of bees in there as well which you can take create your own bee colony to get more raw honeycombs.

Master all 3 classes and you will get access to the research desk, where you can craft new classes.

Is this a restart on major update?

Hi Max!

Been enjoying your challenging mod. Does the latest oil update require a new game restart? Because I'm level 98 and drooling over science quailty level 7 so I can finally read those dang schematics that have been taunting me from my loot box since the beginning if this game!!! LoL. So, I don't want to upgrade my mod just yet if it will suggest a re-start. I would at least love to play around with my new toys before I re-start.

Tks much!

~Emm

Hi Max!

Been enjoying your challenging mod. Does the latest oil update require a new game restart? Because I'm level 98 and drooling over science quailty level 7 so I can finally read those dang schematics that have been taunting me from my loot box since the beginning if this game!!! LoL. So, I don't want to upgrade my mod just yet if it will suggest a re-start. I would at least love to play around with my new toys before I re-start.

Tks much!

~Emm

Greetings :D

You will not need to restart for the oil update. You will however need to find the schematic and the parts for the oil refinery before you can use it. They are only lootable as well, though you may get lucky and find the parts at the trader. You'll also need to loot for plastic sheets, as scrap plastics these days are largely useless until refined back into sheets or other shapes. You use those as well as some other things to build the refinery :)

Good news for you too - skill books are now craftable with note fragments! So, you can use 100 fragments to craft a science book - or 50 fragments to a science book if you have a research desk. So, if you're struggling, get raiding some crack-a-book towers and you'll be swimming in fragments to make into skill books.

Biting toilets

Hi, we're still running the original 1.1 version so I don't know if this has been changed already, but we decided to install a toilet in our base and upgrade it. However, every time you try to use it we take damage like we're standing on a spike or something. Is this intentional? I thought we were supposed to be able to get a working toilet that collected turds. Instead we half break the toilet by the time we stop needing to go poo. Some kind of inside joke there?

Otherwise, love the mod.

Archived