Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

4 hours ago, Abs42 said:

Hello Khaine. Appreciations for your great work. In my recent gameplay with the 4.1 version I noticed my quality 80 tools/weapons now degrading after repair to 75. Is that intended? I didnt read in the patch notes. Thanks for enlightenment.

I allways happend before.

You should check what skill is needed to repair that stuff and what bonus you get for repairing these.

You only get various +10 crafting bonus, but never some repairing bonus. That means all stuff above 50 (or was it 60) will degrade when you repair it.

5 hours ago, Abs42 said:

Hello Khaine. Appreciations for your great work. In my recent gameplay with the 4.1 version I noticed my quality 80 tools/weapons now degrading after repair to 75. Is that intended? I didnt read in the patch notes. Thanks for enlightenment.

It's always been like that unless you get The Completionist

3 hours ago, Evilracc0on said:

Yo Khaine, would ask on Discord, but I'm banned there.  Evilracc0on#9004 if you feel like unbanning me. 

Vehicle repair kit not working on motorcycles? I tries, claw hammer, nail gun and even a multitool. is there suppose to be more than one kit per vehicle?

playing on dfvsmall1pep.

update: you gotta have multiple kits for it to work.🙃

Don't post cringy crap 😛

Dobbers did ask you not to already and then you did again. I've removed the ban, but yeah... maybe avoid the vaguely pedo anime video clickbait thumbnails

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Khaine - big fan of your mod - thank you for jazzing up the game for us!  2500+ hours and we are still challenged.  Anyway - regarding the new build - we started a fresh game yesterday, and noticed that you now can't harvest or build at the traders.  The "clang" sound happens if you even try to pick up a rock.  Reading through the changelog, I didn't see that mentioned.  Was it intended?  If so, that's fine.  We will just need to adjust our play style a bit.  We have been building mini bases at each trader to dump and swap supplies, but would need to find locations nearby instead. 

2 hours ago, Windkissed said:

Khaine - big fan of your mod - thank you for jazzing up the game for us!  2500+ hours and we are still challenged.  Anyway - regarding the new build - we started a fresh game yesterday, and noticed that you now can't harvest or build at the traders.  The "clang" sound happens if you even try to pick up a rock.  Reading through the changelog, I didn't see that mentioned.  Was it intended?  If so, that's fine.  We will just need to adjust our play style a bit.  We have been building mini bases at each trader to dump and swap supplies, but would need to find locations nearby instead. 

It's probably a mod conflict. I have a mod that adds more blocks, with that active traders have protection again in my games. When I remove that mod they have no protection.

2 hours ago, Windkissed said:

As wanderinpaladin said, none of the traders are protected. Only Caitlin in the Wasteland has been protected since version 4.1, so it is likely something else that is causing a problem.

I have no other mods.  We have only ever played vanilla until discovering DF.   We updated yesterday and everything else about the game plays fine.

I just verified my game files - no issues.  I started a new game on the Small-noCP map (the one we started yesterday after updating was Small-CP).  It put me outside a Joel.  I walked over and could not pick up a rock, hit a bush, or lay down my bedroll.  Any thoughts?  Thank you for your time.

Edited by Windkissed (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Windkissed said:

I have no other mods.  We have only ever played vanilla until discovering DF.   We updated yesterday and everything else about the game plays fine.

I just verified my game files - no issues.  I started a new game on the Small-noCP map (the one we started yesterday after updating was Small-CP).  It put me outside a Joel.  I walked over and could not pick up a rock, hit a bush, or lay down my bedroll.  Any thoughts?  Thank you for your time.

Small-CP is an old map likely from version 4.04. The most recent version is 4.1. Not that the older version should have that problem.

I would suggest vsmall1 PEP map on the new version. PEP is the new included POI Expansion Pack that the DF Team have put together. If you do move to the latest version, make sure you first delete the mods folder and not just overwrite it with the new 4.1 version.

Otherwise, you can also try going to the DF Discord and commenting on the support channel. There is a FAQ entry and pinned one on how to obtain your log files. Just upload your log file as well to that channel.

5 hours ago, Windkissed said:

And how did you update the mod ?

Since you still have the Small-noCP, you prolly just copy over the the new version to the existing one.

That is a bad idea, it can works mosttimes but when the dev changed the file structure you have some old files left which can cause problems.

You allways should delete the old folders before you copy the new ones.

2 hours ago, Canute said:

And how did you update the mod ?

Since you still have the Small-noCP, you prolly just copy over the the new version to the existing one.

That is a bad idea, it can works mosttimes but when the dev changed the file structure you have some old files left which can cause problems.

You allways should delete the old folders before you copy the new ones.

That is what I do and I can happily throw rocks at congenial and nice old gentleman REKT.  What a nce man.

I have made that mistake and I thought I will be ok but no. As ^^ said it has been known to leave older stuff behind

@KhaineGB Bro, I have a gaming laptop with 2 GB Video Ram and 16 GB system Ram. At later gamestages, in cities, on horde nights and near trader posts, the game starts lagging and becomes unplayable and I have to literally quit the game. If I upgrade the system RAM to lets say 64 GB or something, will it improve the gameplay ?

Please let me know. Also, I am still playing your Alpha 19 Last version. Somehow I wasn't able to play DF on Alpha 20. I tried. Lol.

You know there isn't any support for DF for old version, when you want to play the A19 version you are at your own.

Since you just got 2GB video RAM, you should go for minimal textures and less particles. That is your bottleneck i would say.

16GB RAM should be fine for SP and when as client.

When it is start lagging, you should just open the taskmanager and check the RAM usage.

Against cities lag you maybe should try out (when you switch to A20).

18 hours ago, Windkissed said:

Do a clean reinstall. Delete the mods folder, then replae with the one from 4.1, and use a completely different NAME for your game save.

2 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

@KhaineGB Bro, I have a gaming laptop with 2 GB Video Ram and 16 GB system Ram. At later gamestages, in cities, on horde nights and near trader posts, the game starts lagging and becomes unplayable and I have to literally quit the game. If I upgrade the system RAM to lets say 64 GB or something, will it improve the gameplay ?

Please let me know. Also, I am still playing your Alpha 19 Last version. Somehow I wasn't able to play DF on Alpha 20. I tried. Lol.

2GB video RAM is not enough for gaming these days. My gaming laptop has an 8GB 2080 Super in it and my wife's has a 6GB 3060. The MINIMUM for 7DTD, vanilla, without mods is a 2GB card and 4GB recommended.

You're gonna need to turn off shadows, reflections, dynamic music, dynamic mesh and lower texture resolution and object quality.

I love this DF mod, and downloaded the new 4.1 right away! I have noticed that so far in my game I have been to 3 white river scouts and do not get any quests from them, and am lvl 15 in game so far. I am starting to think something is wrong with my game and I need to make a new one. Should the scouts give a mission on day 1 like previously?!

2 hours ago, ZuKe90 said:

I love this DF mod, and downloaded the new 4.1 right away! I have noticed that so far in my game I have been to 3 white river scouts and do not get any quests from them, and am lvl 15 in game so far. I am starting to think something is wrong with my game and I need to make a new one. Should the scouts give a mission on day 1 like previously?!

Are you on VSmall2-PEP? Cos if so, that map is bugged (fixed it for the 4.1.1 dev build)

1 minute ago, KhaineGB said:

Are you on VSmall2-PEP? Cos if so, that map is bugged (fixed it for the 4.1.1 dev build)

ohhhh I see. I just happened to pick the one out of the group LOL thnx for the update. Really appreciate it. Keep up the amazing work by the way!! I love the mod and work and updates done.

14 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Are the scouts perma bugged, or just on day 1? I just started a solo game on Vsmall 2 I mean it's only day 4 so nothing I can't recreate on Vsmall 1. Although I'll miss knowing where Anna is on day 1 (that's where the quest sent me).

1 hour ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Are the scouts perma bugged, or just on day 1? I just started a solo game on Vsmall 2 I mean it's only day 4 so nothing I can't recreate on Vsmall 1. Although I'll miss knowing where Anna is on day 1 (that's where the quest sent me).

Permabugged on that map

I don't like how in 4.1 the large maps are only 12288 size now, so want to generate my own bigger one. Does Random World Generator work in version 4.1? and if so, are there POIs I would need to check before I start playing on them?

P.S. I was playing on 4.03 before and had problems with the 6x8 elevator at extreme depths/heights(bedrock level to above ground level), where it would get stuck like it was still moving, but I figured out the issue was the part of blocks.xml in DarknessFallscore "<property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0.92,0" />". So I disabled that line and it was working fine at any depth/height(it may work even with a different offset setting but cbs to test).

After that I ended making some more edits to the xml's containg 308's Elevator Mod where I created Titanium Elevator versions of those elevators available as recipes, since I found the normal wooden ones were too weak always getting destroyed by my vehicles. Idk if I can post the edits, it's my first time modding this much. I really wanted to make the Titanium Elevator versions as a modlet but the game could never find the unity3d asset from the original DarknessFallscore mod, so left them as edits to the xml file.

Edited by funk (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, funk said:

I don't like how in 4.1 the large maps are only 12288 size now, so want to generate my own bigger one. Does Random World Generator work in version 4.1? and if so, are there POIs I would need to check before I start playing on them?

P.S. I was playing on 4.03 before and had problems with the 6x8 elevator at extreme depths/heights(bedrock level to above ground level), where it would get stuck like it was still moving, but I figured out the issue was the part of blocks.xml in DarknessFallscore "<property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0.92,0" />". So I disabled that line and it was working fine at any depth/height(it may work even with a different offset setting but cbs to test).

After that I ended making some more edits to the xml's containg 308's Elevator Mod where I created Titanium Elevator versions of those elevators available as recipes, since I found the normal wooden ones were too weak always getting destroyed by my vehicles. Idk if I can post the edits, it's my first time modding this much. I really wanted to make the Titanium Elevator versions as a modlet but the game could never find the unity3d asset from the original DarknessFallscore mod, so left them as edits to the xml file.

The RWG does work in v4.1 but it isn't always a good idea due to the missing custom POI's. If I do use it, once you login, just go into DM and then check the POI list. I usually type "df" and see if certain POI's have been added. You are looking for Razor, Eve, Anna, Military Bunker and the Research Lab. Caitlin is also a custom POI, but not required for the story. Still, you should check if she is there as well.

2 minutes ago, SnowBee said:

The RWG does work in v4.1 but it isn't always a good idea due to the missing custom POI's. If I do use it, once you login, just go into DM and then check the POI list. I usually type "df" and see if certain POI's have been added. You are looking for Razor, Eve, Anna, Military Bunker and the Research Lab. Caitlin is also a custom POI, but not required for the story. Still, you should check if she is there as well.

lol, What a coincidence SnowBee, was just watching your "MASSIVE Update, Darkness Falls 4.1 Released, 7 Days to Die" video on youtube literally this moment to see if you may have mentioned something about this.

Thanks mate.