Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

1 hour ago, SnowBee said:

Well, luckily this time around your M60 and M4A1 Tier 3 weapons are not mastery locked, so you should be able to more easily get to them. I think they require level 3 of weapons crafting now, and then a skill point into the actual weapon.

yeah, I just realized I have to build a base because Joel doesn't have enough space on the top floor (I'm used to making my base in Rekt's compound, which is pretty much perfect for it. And I pretty much always start out getting Rekt. So to speak), so I'll get a bit delayed, but it needed to be done anyway and I'll probably get a few points from building too, so the timing should work out.

56 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

You can definitely do the bunker eve sends you to without coil. You just need a rad remover.

yeh. I think I'm just a tad traumatized from the first time I tried to do the bunker; I only had an AK and ... it really didn't go well.

I have a better idea about things now, so I can probably manage. And I've also been following your example and using far more molotovs than I ever did in the past. They help quite a bit when things get horde-y.

6 hours ago, Similar said:

yeh. I think I'm just a tad traumatized from the first time I tried to do the bunker; I only had an AK and ... it really didn't go well.

It allways depend at what stage you do it.

When you do it early it is easier then when you wait until you got Coil weapons.

5 hours ago, Canute said:

It allways depend at what stage you do it.

When you do it early it is easier then when you wait until you got Coil weapons.

I just don't have much control over when I can do it. I'm ready now, but I haven't found a keycard.

I found Anna's house, but, unusually, there were only blue keycards there. I assume I need green for the bunker.

7 hours ago, Similar said:

I just don't have much control over when I can do it. I'm ready now, but I haven't found a keycard.

I found Anna's house, but, unusually, there were only blue keycards there. I assume I need green for the bunker.

For her locked room you need a green keycard. I think there is a green glow indicating that as well?

For the final Research Lab POI, the quest Anna provides, you need about 5 of each: red, blue and green.

5 hours ago, SnowBee said:

For her locked room you need a green keycard. I think there is a green glow indicating that as well?

For the final Research Lab POI, the quest Anna provides, you need about 5 of each: red, blue and green.

yeah. You usually get decent number of each from The Reward, but the problem is you need two (both green, I think) for that mission, one to get into the bunker and one for the bunker's back room.

Most likely you only really need one because you should find plenty in the bunker (I think I found more than ten of each last I did it), but it could take a long time to get that first one from a random loot drop, and I don't think I'm even at a game stage where zombies are likely to drop it yet (at least, I feel like they've mostly dropped from 'special' zombies, like Stalkers, in my previous games. I don't have Stalkers showing up yet).

Theoretically, I guess I could go to the wasteland to find special zombies, except I don't have any kind of anti-rad and I rather doubt I'd survive it either (still mostly wearing low level leather armor, for one thing). I'm only a bit above level 40 now.

I have unlocked all classes (one single PEP POI had more than 600 skill notes and one trader has a working chemistry station, so I could make cheap ink), and have mastery in Hunter due to an airdrop, so mastery in Scientist might not be too far away, but ... not really eager to go into the wasteland yet.

1 hour ago, Ganeshakw said:

@KhaineGB,

I hope this felow can make it for Public. Also, somebody should make abandoned airforce bases, airports and shipyards too. (I see a lot of Z movies and series Lol)

I think if water does actually get some deserved love in A21, then I expect more shipyards or related POI's rocking up.

You just would need a new gameplay mechanic,

Bandolier mod for the weapon.

Allow you to use ammo from a special crate at 5/10m range.

So long that craft got ammo you can shoot until your weapon break ! 🙂

But honestly, wouldn't that be overpowered during hordenights!

At DF you allready can load up more ammo at weapons then other overhauls (with the right mods).

Having an odd issue with textures on the large Shotgun Messiah POI (the one with the combat training yard)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2875954349

The glass on windows and doors facing into the POI seems fine, It's just the ones on the front.

I sometimes, rarely, see this particular texture temporarily over doorways or other openings, but I think it only happens when things are struggling and, maybe, the right texture is slow to load or something, but for this specific POI it's permanent (in both my 4.1 games on different maps).

Is this a DF issue or a problem with my install (everything else seems fine)?

1 hour ago, Ganeshakw said:

I would really love to see/play - with a hoard following, guns mounted in abandoned military and airforce bunkers, player holds the gun and starts firing. Zs pouring in like in most of the Z games. Its extremely thrilling.

😝

Yeah, it would be great. It will be interesting to see what happens once TFP's start optimising the game. Right now, it would be a lag fest with too many zombies trying to simulate what other games have with massive hordes.

9 hours ago, Similar said:

Having an odd issue with textures on the large Shotgun Messiah POI (the one with the combat training yard)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2875954349

The glass on windows and doors facing into the POI seems fine, It's just the ones on the front.

I sometimes, rarely, see this particular texture temporarily over doorways or other openings, but I think it only happens when things are struggling and, maybe, the right texture is slow to load or something, but for this specific POI it's permanent (in both my 4.1 games on different maps).

Is this a DF issue or a problem with my install (everything else seems fine)?

It's the bad window replace mod. It changes some of the windows for better FPS

13 hours ago, SnowBee said:

I think if water does actually get some deserved love in A21, then I expect more shipyards or related POI's rocking up.

Some of the people can already do stuff like that. Not the docks, but the freight yards and airports, and some of that was not done with the a20 resources. I'm thinking of the truckstop poi, with the trucks and trailers made out of blocks instead of the containers we have now. I remember coming across the tank/gas station for the first time in a19 (my first alpha) and thought "Wow." I mean this game has some amazing creators. 

Edit: I just watched a video on Mr. Reach's channel where on their server they had an airport building competition, and wow.

Edited by wanderinpaladin (see edit history)

On 10/15/2022 at 4:47 PM, Similar said:

yeah. You usually get decent number of each from The Reward, but the problem is you need two (both green, I think) for that mission, one to get into the bunker and one for the bunker's back room.

[...]

hm. Level 72 now and I've only had three keycards drop from enemies. They were all blue, so I still can't do The Reward. This game isn't turning out much different than the ones where I've waited until I had good gear to do it.

All my luck starting out in this game hasn't really helped much, because the keycards do seem to only drop from those special enemies and I'm seeing very few of those. I think I've seen three Stalkers in all so far, which is pretty unusual (in one game I had Stalkers showing up the night after day 2 already). And only in wandering hordes.

Both loot perks maxed, though I don't know if that influences the drop chance.

I've never had this problem before, but I don't think I've been doing anything differently (probably I've usually found Anna's house and got green keycards from there, which didn't work this time).

Is there anything I can do to get a card? IIRC, they don't appear as quest rewards or anywhere else consistently.

1 hour ago, Similar said:

hm. Level 72 now and I've only had three keycards drop from enemies. They were all blue, so I still can't do The Reward. This game isn't turning out much different than the ones where I've waited until I had good gear to do it.

All my luck starting out in this game hasn't really helped much, because the keycards do seem to only drop from those special enemies and I'm seeing very few of those. I think I've seen three Stalkers in all so far, which is pretty unusual (in one game I had Stalkers showing up the night after day 2 already). And only in wandering hordes.

Both loot perks maxed, though I don't know if that influences the drop chance.

I've never had this problem before, but I don't think I've been doing anything differently (probably I've usually found Anna's house and got green keycards from there, which didn't work this time).

Is there anything I can do to get a card? IIRC, they don't appear as quest rewards or anywhere else consistently.

Stalkers? You are wanting to get keycards from them? They also start vanishing more and more as your gamestage increases.

Keycards are dropped various zombies, though I know lab technicians and zombie soldiers are my goto zombies for them. At least they used to be. Power stations, army bases. Especially radiated, tough and mutated zombies.

36 minutes ago, SnowBee said:

Stalkers? You are wanting to get keycards from them? They also start vanishing more and more as your gamestage increases.

They just seem to drop the most DF related loot of the early special zombies.

36 minutes ago, SnowBee said:

Keycards are dropped various zombies, though I know lab technicians and zombie soldiers are my goto zombies for them. At least they used to be. Power stations, army bases. Especially radiated, tough and mutated zombies.

yeah. I looked into the game files and lab zombies, radiated and feral soldiers and hazmat zombies seem to be able to drop them. So I attacked a kind of army camp (says something about baseball at the front, has a burn pit and tons of bodybags. And a building that completely collapses if zombies break down one door...).

And I got three keycards. All blue...

But I guess this is the way. If the RNG would stop being so infatuated with blue cards, at least.

Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Similar said:

They just seem to drop the most DF related loot of the early special zombies.

yeah. I looked into the game files and lab zombies, radiated and feral soldiers and hazmat zombies seem to be able to drop them. So I attacked a kind of army camp (says something about baseball at the front, has a burn pit and tons of bodybags. And a building that completely collapses if zombies break down one door...).

And I got three keycards. All blue...

But I guess this is the way. If the RNG would stop being so infatuated with blue cards, at least.

Thanks.

I would suggest a... ROAD TRIIIIIP!  :)

Take a day off , and roam the map looking for the two big silos of the power plants.

21 minutes ago, SnowBee said:

I would suggest a... ROAD TRIIIIIP!  :)

Take a day off , and roam the map looking for the two big silos of the power plants.

hehe. I think I know where one is. It looks a bit daunting, but I have a good robotic turret and now also a drone with the medic mod, and full titanium armor from drops, so perhaps I can manage.