Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

5 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Thanks for the 4.01 update!

• New game for new version... looks like RWG is working!  :)
  • Survivors (aka &%$# kill-stealing thieves) seem to be everywhere and are now unkillable by players - is this intended?  With Feral Sense on, zeds swarm to me (as desired) but Survivor's then swarm to the zeds and I seem to end up with 2-3 kiting around me during battles.  Can we at least reduce their spawns?
  • When will the 'extra large wandering horde' mod be updated?  It should be a part of DF
  • Lv2 trader quests still 50% send me to a Doggos - assume this is a TFP quest issue?  Getting to hate that POI!
  • Confirm that Screamers are 'as normal'... especially when mining 😕
  • Confirm that changing game name starts player at different trader.  First game in 8-10 tries that I have NOT started with Rekt (thank god!)
  • FYI: Stun Batons seem to be quite good now - very low Stam usage + extremely high rate of attack speed.  +/- as good as Knuckles, depending upon the situation  :)

Survivors are still WIP. They're using the NPC core, so yes, being unkillable (because they aren't hostile to you) is intended.
The wandering horde modlet is on the DF discord. Why should it be a part of DF? The base experience of DF is bloodmoons, not large hordes.

2 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Started a new game and I'm getting screamers again, guess it's the bug that's been around since A16 or earlier. Some new games will just never have them, forgot about that bug since I hadn't seen it in a long time.

Oh god. I forgot about that too.

1 hour ago, Viper Seven said:

Can not seem to get the admin commands to work in the F1 menu DM or CM with this server pack installed anyone else run into this issue or is there something I have missed? However admin commands work as intended in solo play but not on my server.

You need to give yourself admin perms on your server, just like you would in vanilla.

23 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Oh god. I forgot about that too.

You need to give yourself admin perms on your server, just like you would in vanilla.

I did and it works in solo play but not on the server. i've completely deleted and redid the admin permission steam ID and restarted the server even removed my profile from the server files incase it was a corrupted profile. still no luck and no matter the map whether its pregen or rwg i instantly fall through the map forever after about 1 minute of running in any direction. any thoughts on this?

13 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Yeah, my thoughts are "you didnt." 😛

Because they work fine for me and other folks.

listen i'm not an idiot. I deleted my admin steam id from my server console, readded and saved the admin list. it has the proper permissions. I've deleted my character from the server profile so i start over. I've deleted all other mods except your mod pack. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It only recognizes me on solo game play as an admin and i fall through the world no matter what world i'm running. I am running the most up to date 7 days to die patch as well.  I am only asking if there is something I've missed that is new with the A20 version of this mod. There are no other mods to conflict with it but cant understand how it recognizes me as an admin in solo game play but not on the server. 

Well I dont know what to tell you, but it sounds like something is NOT installed properly, or windows is screwing you on file access.

-------------------------------------------------
Also, here's a surprise.

I'm currently working on 4.02, and it's going to come with some class tweaks. As such, I thought i'd toss out the current DEV build to get feedback.

V4.02-DEV-B1

- Wandering Horde modlet is now included in DF by default. HOWEVER, the hours min/max as set to 24/28 (similar to vanilla) and the random size is set between 10 and 30. This is user configurable in Mods\3-DarknessFalls-WanderingHordePatch\Config\blocks.xml
- Changed all Survivors back to EntitySurvivor instead of EntityAliveSDX to fix the NRE inside traders.
- Quicker Crafting now decreases scrapping times by 10%/lvl.
- Clawhammer now has the craft speed increase from the wrench.
- Wrench now grants 25% scrap speed increase when installed in the workbench.
- Fixed House Door prices.
- Increased spawn rate of some plants in the Forest and Desert around ore spawn nodes.
- Redid the bunker sleepers so the demonic behemoth and incubus are present at GS400 or higher (but not lower).
- Power Blow Mod should now work on deployed sledge turrets (thanks grumpybeard!)
- Duplicate tools in Working Stiff boxes should now not be as bad.
- Savage County boxes now have the correct loot lists.
- End POI chest loot buffed slightly.
- Localization fixed for the Titanium Hunting Knife (master scientist) and Titanium Machete (master survivalist).
- Added Vehicle Stamina Usage Reduction to Athletics. (localization not added as this is for testing)
- Mineral Water now has Efficient Digestion like it's supposed to.
- Moved Pure Mineral Water off Wasteland Treasures 2 to The Survivor 4.
- Moved Jerky off Survivalist Mastery to The Survivor 4.
- Swapped over Wasteland Treasures 1 and 4 so the perk isn't front-loaded.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jniy58mFNsM5TpcgOlPmXV3_RlD6uadu/view?usp=sharing

IMPORTANT NOTE: Because I messed with perks, this could wipe your save. ONLY PLAY IF YOU HAVE A BACKUP!!!!!!!!

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, Baddasse said:

I have a problem, I followed all of the instructions on how to install this mod and have played it before. Tried to update to your newest stable and now everytime I go to play it says 
Failed to Load Mono

How do I fix this

Did you delete the old mod folder first? Also, RWG could possibly break it.

23 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Did you delete the old mod folder first? Also, RWG could possibly break it.

Yeah I figured it out, had to delete everything from Darkness Falls and just go through the mod launcher this time and it worked perfectly. No idea what was wrong. Been playing it and it was fine, it was only after I updated to the most recent that it started doing that. And yes the mod folder was deleted. Almost like everything was not installing right.

On 2/28/2022 at 3:12 AM, KhaineGB said:

[..]

V4.02-DEV-B1

[..]
- Swapped over Wasteland Treasures 1 and 4 so the perk isn't front-loaded.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jniy58mFNsM5TpcgOlPmXV3_RlD6uadu/view?usp=sharing

IMPORTANT NOTE: Because I messed with perks, this could wipe your save. ONLY PLAY IF YOU HAVE A BACKUP!!!!!!!!

Installed, and as I had no skillpoints in Wasteland Treasures, the updated worked flawlesly. The better food gives correct numbers, and the dirt bike is no longer insane fast. And wow, the Hordes are really hard! In short: Well done, Khaine! 

Currently I translate the english texts into german (wow, tht's much!). Khaine, do you see a way to handle changes in existing texts? I would like to get informed about changes, as I only found 2 additional lines and no changes to wasteland treasures. Don't want to make mistakes ...

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

Installed, and as I had no skillpoints in Wasteland Treasures, the updated worked flawlesly. The better food gives correct numbers, and the dirt bike is no longer insane fast. And wow, the Hordes are really hard! In short: Well done, Khaine! 

Currently I translate the english texts into german (wow, tht's much!). Khaine, do you see a way to handle changes in existing texts? I would like to get informed about changes, as I only found 2 additional lines and no changes to wasteland treasures. Don't want to make mistakes ...

Use diffmerge.

It's a free app and you can compare my files easily to highlight changes. I use it to update the mod XML files between alpha versions.

Me and two friends started playing this a week ago and we really like it so far! It's far better than vanilla. However, many of the stuff seems poorly explained or outright confusing. The main issue we're having at this point is that none of us chose the Mechanic/Greasy Monkey so we can't craft tires and we're at lvl 55-ish and have found a total of 5 tires allowing us to craft a bike and a motor bike.

From what I can tell, we need to find 120 blank skill notes in order to craft a book. Those are rare too and it seems like we have to push missions and pray to rngesus to acquire more. Is there a wiki-page of some sorts where you can read up on stuff and have some general pointers?

Oh, is there any bug related to the drones btw? One of our friends picked one up three sessions ago and two times yesterday he died out of nowhere. No monsters around, he just kept taking damage and died. No status effect symbols and nothing else indicating damage. One time at the base on a roof top just browsing his inventory and the second time in a cellar in a house.

Oh, almost forgot. Have the markers for minerals changed? Iron is plenty as well as a good amount of nitrate. Coal is a bit scarce but manageable, lead however seems to be entirely missing more or less where we are atm. Invasions have been quite rough since we have to be super conservative with ammo running up to the invasion night (we use the standard 7 day cycle) since we're not able to craft much due to missing lead mostly for bullet tips.

Edited by trickeh2k (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, trickeh2k said:

Me and two friends started playing this a week ago and we really like it so far! It's far better than vanilla. However, many of the stuff seems poorly explained or outright confusing. The main issue we're having at this point is that none of us chose the Mechanic/Greasy Monkey so we can't craft tires and we're at lvl 55-ish and have found a total of 5 tires allowing us to craft a bike and a motor bike.

From what I can tell, we need to find 120 blank skill notes in order to craft a book. Those are rare too and it seems like we have to push missions and pray to rngesus to acquire more. Is there a wiki-page of some sorts where you can read up on stuff and have some general pointers?

Oh, is there any bug related to the drones btw? One of our friends picked one up three sessions ago and two times yesterday he died out of nowhere. No monsters around, he just kept taking damage and died. No status effect symbols and nothing else indicating damage. One time at the base on a roof top just browsing his inventory and the second time in a cellar in a house.

Oh, almost forgot. Have the markers for minerals changed? Iron is plenty as well as a good amount of nitrate. Coal is a bit scarce but manageable, lead however seems to be entirely missing more or less where we are atm. Invasions have been quite rough since we have to be super conservative with ammo running up to the invasion night (we use the standard 7 day cycle) since we're not able to craft much due to missing lead mostly for bullet tips.

How comes the blank skill notes are rare? You get 3 of them every time you scrap any book or schematics, if you play with friends you should get enough really fast. And is it 120 blank skill notes you need on the writing station you need to craft a class book? I feel like it is less than that. And how comes you've got only five tires in 55 lvl? If you dismantle cars you should get them more consistently.

It seems like a bug, haven't encountered that. Well, you can just fix him, that's minor problem.

Lead is in snow biome because there is no burned one now.

1 hour ago, trickeh2k said:

1) You don't need to. Wrench tyres.

2) Scrap recipes you don't need.

3) Not that I know of.

4) Yes.

So how do you get eggs from the nests you can make or do they just make feathers ? How do you put animal feed in the chicken coop ?

I don't get why some starter classes you get nothing for doing some quests. Where are these entries if you want to edit them ?

thx

Hello Kaine, was wondering if it was possible for a auto ammo feed mod for the turrets could be done, where you put the ammo into the feed module and it auto feeds to the turrets as long as the turrets are linked to it? Or is that too far fetched for this game?  also side note you cant wear the nvg's you have to have it on your hot bar and scroll to it for it to work but cant equip it, was this intentional differing from A19 version?

Edited by Viper Seven (see edit history)

On 2/26/2022 at 12:36 AM, BarryTGash said:

There is a vehicle in Bdub's vehicles, that comes with DF for A20. It's called the Willy Jeep (vehicleWillyJeep) - with a super charger mod  it seems to be very good at running over trees, boulders, fences and cars (boom!). Can make for some dramatic entrances in to weaker POIs. You might be able to reverse engineer it by going through the xmls.

Cheers, I will take a peek to see if I can find something.

Does this;

Spoiler

<property name="StickyMaterial" value="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/Spear/Materials/spearIron_sticky.mat" />

change the appearance of this;

Spoiler

<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/Spear/spear_steel_Prefab.prefab" />

?

The reason I ask is that I have made a laser spear and can do this;

Spoiler

<property name="CustomIcon" value="titaniumSpear" />
            <property name="CustomIconTint" value="ca0000"/>

which I assume will change the appearance of the icon, but I would like to have some form of looking at the weapon in hand to visually let me know what I am wielding.

I am only looking for xml help, as I am not about to learn all about unity to just do a spray job on a stick :)

My thinking is that the StickyMaterial changes the appearance somehow of the prefab?

Obviously I would need to be told the name of the mat file as I believe that stuff is erm inside other stuff n that sort of thing is hidden from me?

Ta very muchly for the mod and the help.

Oh and I got my first laser workbench last night from the bunker, YAY me.

I have no idea how stuff got strikes through it and I cannot get rid of it :(

Edited by Apaseall
stuff got struck out for some reason (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Viper Seven said:

Hello Kaine, was wondering if it was possible for a auto ammo feed mod for the turrets could be done, where you put the ammo into the feed module and it auto feeds to the turrets as long as the turrets are linked to it? Or is that too far fetched for this game?  also side note you cant wear the nvg's you have to have it on your hot bar and scroll to it for it to work but cant equip it, was this intentional differing from A19 version?

Bit too advanced.

NVG's are a helmet mod now. Which is noted in the patch notes.

23 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Cheers, I will take a peek to see if I can find something.

Does this;

Reveal hidden contents

<property name="StickyMaterial" value="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/Spear/Materials/spearIron_sticky.mat" />

change the appearance of this;

Reveal hidden contents

<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/Spear/spear_steel_Prefab.prefab" />

?

The reason I ask is that I have made a laser spear and can do this;

Reveal hidden contents

<property name="CustomIcon" value="titaniumSpear" />
            <property name="CustomIconTint" value="ca0000"/>

which I assume will change the appearance of the icon, but I would like to have some form of looking at the weapon in hand to visually let me know what I am wielding.

I am only looking for xml help, as I am not about to learn all about unity to just do a spray job on a stick :)

My thinking is that the StickyMaterial changes the appearance somehow of the prefab?

Obviously I would need to be told the name of the mat file as I believe that stuff is erm inside other stuff n that sort of thing is hidden from me?

Ta very muchly for the mod and the help.

Oh and I got my first laser workbench last night from the bunker, YAY me.

I have no idea how stuff got strikes through it and I cannot get rid of it :(

Look at the titanium spear. It's just a vanilla model recoloured.

41 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Look at the titanium spear. It's just a vanilla model recoloured.

I may have failed to explain myself correctly.

To be clear, I am talking about the thing that you see moving when you poke something with the spear.

As mentioned the icon color is one thing, what I am after is the stuff you see in the main screen.

I have not been able to locate in the xml where a color is applied to that.