Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

13 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Did you die?

Negative, haven't died in months lol. I started a new save (it was bugged on a fresh save with B30) and it's working again.

12 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Will go have a look at eve.

You got unlucky on the spawns. It's random.

I've been noticing spawns of upwards of 40 to 50 zombies spawning with the wandering hordes. I always know it's coming, since my PC starts having a stroke. Anything I can adjust to bring the count down? I don't mind difficulty, but going down to 10 FPS or less is a bit much.

22 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Will go have a look at eve.

You got unlucky on the spawns. It's random.

I don't believe it's random, as I regularly get small hordes while digging. Smaller hordes than normal hordes, at least at my low level, probably of the same size we get after opening the treasure.

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

I don't believe it's random, as I regularly get small hordes while digging. Smaller hordes than normal hordes, at least at my low level, probably of the same size we get after opening the treasure.

I think the buried treasure quest, as of A20, will generate a small horde when you dig enough to bring the radius down - I noticed this too in vanilla (also spawning an external horde when you enter a poi).

13 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Negative, haven't died in months lol. I started a new save (it was bugged on a fresh save with B30) and it's working again.

I've been noticing spawns of upwards of 40 to 50 zombies spawning with the wandering hordes. I always know it's coming, since my PC starts having a stroke. Anything I can adjust to bring the count down? I don't mind difficulty, but going down to 10 FPS or less is a bit much.

Huh. I thought I set the wandering hordes to like 35 max. I'll have to look at it.

9 hours ago, cheml said:

at night, zombies appear that glow green, this glow looks very bad, can I somehow fix it?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

No. It's a particle effect. And it looks fine. I picked one that looks ok but is lightweight to not slaughter performance because TFP have been talking about removing the radiated zombies for a while.

3 hours ago, Falaffel said:

It's supposed to be. Will investigate.

Found another fairly bad glitch. The lvl 125 injections are badly bugged. You can cap one of them (I did Accelerated Healing 5/5) just fine, but if you add even ONE into another perk, regardless of which set, it bugs out and you lose *ALL* effects. To avoid losing all progress, I'm going to have to restart my character and paste it into the save, I guess. If there is an easier way, I'm all ears.

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

No. It's a particle effect. And it looks fine. I picked one that looks ok but is lightweight to not slaughter performance because TFP have been talking about removing the radiated zombies for a while.

maybe there is some alternative skin that will not be visible for five miles. looks too bright. In my opinion, if the particles were 10% of the current, so that there was only a slight, barely noticeable glow would be good.
Such zombies cannot come as a surprise.

wild zombies are determined only by luminous eyes, and from the back you will not understand what story you are running into now by firing at him. I want surprises and regrets about actions)

2 minutes ago, cheml said:

maybe there is some alternative skin that will not be visible for five miles. looks too bright. In my opinion, if the particles were 10% of the current, so that there was only a slight, barely noticeable glow would be good.
Such zombies cannot come as a surprise.

wild zombies are determined only by luminous eyes, and from the back you will not understand what story you are running into now by firing at him. I want surprises and regrets about actions)

I can look at adjusting the particle amount. That's editable within unity

I finally updated from an early A19 build. Was surprised to find that the trader's area is just protected by ammo-less auto turrets, rather than guards. I didn't notice until zombies started busting down the walls on night #1. Is that normal?

Also only got one class book, using the same settings that in A19 resulted in two class books. Intentional?

Edited by Llamas notsheep (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, Llamas notsheep said:

I finally updated from an early A19 build. Was surprised to find that the trader's area is just protected by ammo-less auto turrets, rather than guards. I didn't notice until zombies started busting down the walls on night #1. Is that normal?

Also only got one class book, using the same settings that in A19 resulted in two class books. Intentional?

Yes. To both

Not sure if it's just because it's a test map or whatever, but on Xsmall, there appears to be no uranium deposits. Also, for some reason the nerdy glasses instead of giving a -5% crafting time bonus, it's more like -75%. I think it's stacking and multiplying the perks, though not sure.

8 hours ago, BarryTGash said:

Thanks for your great work, Khaine.

I do note that there is no NoiseMultiplier in From the Shadows perk (progression.xml) despite the description saying otherwise - I don't know if that will pick up vanilla values in lieu?

It's on stealth assassin instead. Localization just needs updating.

39 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

Not sure if it's just because it's a test map or whatever, but on Xsmall, there appears to be no uranium deposits. Also, for some reason the nerdy glasses instead of giving a -5% crafting time bonus, it's more like -75%. I think it's stacking and multiplying the perks, though not sure.

They'll be there. They just don't spawn often. Ore spawn is dictated by biomes.xml and completely independent of the map. Hence why Navezgane can "work."

I'll have a look at the glasses.

Quick question: is there a feature added to DF that spawns a wave of zombies around and then converges on a POI when the player enters said POI? 

I ask because I've noticed this on practically every POI and whilst on occasions this might happen in vanilla, it is not nearly to the extent - so its hard to tell if it is the same mechanic. Is it, perhaps just because DF spawns in considerably more aggressive zombies (and in larger quantities) in general than vanilla? Or is this something that has been tweaked for DF? It pretty much negates securing an area around a POI before breaching because they'll just spawn in anyway - I find it drags me out of the game; I lose my immersion in the scenario. 

Ideally I'd like to find a way to tone it down a bit - and if it's not DF then I'll go ask in general discussion.

Thanks for any info.